It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For those complaining about the "Nanny State" and US debt

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I think that all those outraged now were dissatisfied then. Two things to consider about that though.

First, much of the tea partiers are or were republicans. For most people, you can tolerate your own doing something a little more/longer or just not be as vocal about it, then when it is someone considered opposition.

Second, everyone has their limit. Apparently, many were ok with an increasing nanny state but when things started affecting their savings and living situations, and the government started throwing hundreds of billions at symptoms instead of solutions, then they were fed up and every issue they had was one to complain about.

I fall into that second group. I was never happy about the nanny state, but had hope we would change things in the long term. I was not in favor of any candidate in 2008, and my vote was made in defense, because even if the economy had not fallen, everything Obama campaigned for was only going to make things worse, and was diametrically opposite to everything America is supposed to be.

In the end, anyone running for President is part of the system. The system is the problem.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oaktree
reply to post by ffman

So, it's a bad thing now that people are waking up to the scam of the so-called "two party system"?
Or is it bad simply because they are waking up on the wrong guy's watch?

Should we wait until someone different is in office to voice our anger?

(By the way, I'm a registered independent.)

By the way, how do you "register" as an independent?

Contact your local election office, the one you went to register to vote. Typically housed inside County courthouses and administration buildings and tell them you wish to change your affiliation.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog
This thread highlights the problem in America today its partisan polotics. There is no middle ground and nobody is willing to compromise. The conservitives and liberals both need to take a big suck, the majority of Americans are center right and just want to see govt. work. Not this pissing match that enfects so much of polotics today.

Republicans

Democrats

Nuff said

I like the cut of your jib fella' !

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by PplVSNWO
If you were directing your original post towards politicians and commentators as you have clarified, why did you bother posting it here at all?
That target audience very likely doesn't post or even read on ATS. Sounds more like you are not independent, but rather stuck in the left/right paradim and are just trolling.

What better place to post? ATS members rant against politicians in various topics within this specific forum.

I don't troll.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
UNTIL PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY WAKE UP AND OUST ALL DEMOCRATS ALL REPUBLICANS WE WILL FALL, THERE IS NO HOPE FOR THE EXISTING ESTABLISHMENT THEY HAVE ALREADY FAILED THE AMERICAN PEOPLE NAME SOMETHING GOOD ANYONE OF THESE DAM POLITICAL CROINIES HAVE DONE. THEY ARE STRIPPING ARE RIGHTS AWAY DAILY WITH FALSE PROPAGANDA ABOUT TERRORISM AND NOW THEIR PAYING AND ARMING AL QAEDA TO FIGHT IN LYBIA THIS IS OUR TAX DOLLORS AT WORK I AM DISGUSTED TO BE AMERICAN RIGHT NOW I LOVE MY COUNTRY I HAVE SERVED MY COUNTRY BUT I AM LOSING FAITH DAILY> LET THE REVOLUTION BEGIN DESTROY THE REPUBLICANS AND DEMOCRATS AND I PROMISE YOU WILL SEE AMAZING CHANGE I WANT TO START A NEW PARTY THE CONSTITUTION PARTY>

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
three wars.....to "help the people" living in the countries we attack....funded by borrowed money,
financial aide flying all over the place, country after country not having to worry about paying for their national defense, because we are doing it for them, on borrowed money.....
but, oh, we can't afford to pay back the money we OWE the seniors.......
either it's all a big smokescreen and they know that they can easily pull themselves out of it, or they are blind as bats as to what is really going on....
because if they saw the same picture I did, they'd be slicing crap like crazy, crap that is not doing a great majority of americans any good, crap that is just plain wasteful, crap that paying back buddies for favors rendered in times gone by....they wouldn't be talking about how much they can save by ignoring debts that they have to the future old men and women!! they'd be too busy cutting the crap that is obviously wasteful, obviously just a transfer of wealth to a buddy of a buddy, of a sister in law, or the uncle of a congressman, ect!!

it's all just a big sham, let me know when they are serious about it.....because right now, they obvously aren't none of them!!!

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
haven't you heard of the 9/11 truth movement? They were complaining for a while that the wars were meant to sky rocket the US debt by chasing after a boogie man.

I just love threads that start off with "where were you when..."

I was there!

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ffman

Hmmmm, well like now, all those things were as now, unheard. Many people were complaining and very loudly, I for one was, and I will tell you I hated both Bush's as much as I hate Obama...as a matter of fact and principle...I hate all politicians, I want a leader who is a person not a politician. Career politicians ruin our country.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ffman
Where were you during the Bush administration? Where were the cries of outrage when the same welfare programs existed during a Republican-led administration? Where were the gripes over spending when we entered two wars that added hundreds of billions of dollars to the US debt?

Way to deny ignorance. The "where were you when" argument is about a low as you can possible go. It justifies all injustices because of past injustices.

How about taking a stand rather than defending someone that doesn't deserve it. He expanded the justification of war in 2009 making wars more prevalent and we still have the wars Bush started going on, and still have Guantanamo Bay - so are you saying that Obama is a weak/frail person incapable of leading us out of these wars - or is he alright with them and seeking new ones? The debt has sky rocketed under Bush and then Obama - so is Obama a weak/frail ineffective buffoon on the economy or is he alright with spending the United States in to oblivion and leading the world to drop the USD as the world reserve currency?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
three wars.....to "help the people" living in the countries we attack....funded by borrowed money,
financial aide flying all over the place, country after country not having to worry about paying for their national defense, because we are doing it for them, on borrowed money.....
but, oh, we can't afford to pay back the money we OWE the seniors.......
either it's all a big smokescreen and they know that they can easily pull themselves out of it, or they are blind as bats as to what is really going on....
because if they saw the same picture I did, they'd be slicing crap like crazy, crap that is not doing a great majority of americans any good, crap that is just plain wasteful, crap that paying back buddies for favors rendered in times gone by....they wouldn't be talking about how much they can save by ignoring debts that they have to the future old men and women!! they'd be too busy cutting the crap that is obviously wasteful, obviously just a transfer of wealth to a buddy of a buddy, of a sister in law, or the uncle of a congressman, ect!!

it's all just a big sham, let me know when they are serious about it.....because right now, they obvously aren't none of them!!!

AMEN to that sistah!
Too bad everybody is caught in this stupid pissing contest of right left like one poster put it to see the forest for the trees! Effing politicians are one thing they are corporate hand puppets leading the masses to the slaughterhouse and we need to stand against them all. In 2012 there is going to be a breaking point I believe, that's what I really think 2012 is about. ALL countries need to stand up right now and fight for the common men!

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ffman

Just as many people were complaining and just as loudly. The conservatives tore Bush apart for the perscription drug entitlement and castigated him over his failure to veto a single spending bill. While Bush did take a stab at reforming social security, it was half hearted and when he did not get his way initially, he punted the issue and got vilified for that from both sides.

The difference is technology. Today social media is a defacto standard in communication, with millions of folks able to come together virtually, creating mass movements, amplyfying their desires and applying increased pressure. The disparate groups who are for a significantly smaller federal government have come together under a common banner, the Tea Party. Those groups existed before, they were unable to market and recruit like they are today, and combined they are a far more powerful force because they have shown themselves to be a significant voting block. Because they can come together, they can raise money and that makes their message louder.

One other big difference is that Obama abdicated his leadership of much of the first two years of his agenda to two of the most reviled and unpopular politicians in the country, Pelosi and Reid. Their national approval, both in terms of what they are doing as well as their personal approval is and has been in the tank. He choose the front folks, they are largely despised and now, especially with Pelosi being relegated to minority status, he is stuck holding the bag.

Its no different than it has always been with respect to folks dissatisfied with the nanny state and the federal government. It is how folks of like mind can come together and leverage their dissatisfaction that is different

top topics

<< 1   >>

join