It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emails expose BP's attempts to control research into impact of Gulf oil spill

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Section31

Hello, I have given some thought to your legitimate questions. I am a retiree, and a fortunate one because we did not put our retirement in the stock market, like so many other boomers. Which leads me to my point-GREED. Corporations have proven that that is their number one motivation, not good ones like your points.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

So... BP wants to redirect some of the funding, so that a specific type of research can be done. Before anyone else replies to this thread, think about that statement for a brief moment. If British Petroleum is trying to find logical solutions, why should they not be able to direct funds towards a specific study?

Are you familiar with the concepts of cover-up and conspiracy?

...At the very least, BP should welcome independent oversight simply to prove they're acting with the best intentions.

...Also, have you even read any of the ATS threads linked in the OP? Others?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Very nice find, In the video "safer than chocolate" I had to snicker at the guy wearing gloves and safety glasses.
I know it is probably required in a lab but still........
I wonder if he is willing to go for a swim in the gulf right when they are spraying corexit?
To the OP what a good thread and I think most of us here on ATS are very aware of the big companies funding their own studies.
Then they turn around and have it published by a third party so they look nice and clean.
In my opinion almost any study of any thing can and is bought out right.
I think BP had to look good in the media and provided the funds for the study, but it got away from them and they lost control of the situation.
S&F here.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

I'm busy right now but just wanted to say 'well done'.... i'll be back later to check it fully....

But we all knew there was something more not being told....

And all BP have been doing since the disaster is securing deals with Russia and India... I've seen the headlines of those deals.... i can't believe they are trying to run from this

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
When it comes to protecting the revenue stream there is ALWAYS something 'we' are not being told.

When a man shoots me, I will be reasonably disinclined to allow him to apply the bandage....

No difference here; these people - for whatever reason (although I think we can guess) remain responsible for an environmental cataclysm; they do not 'deserve' any "rights" to demand control of the clean-up. They've already come out winning by avoiding any morally equitable legal repercussions.

BP, like all other oil (or whatever) companies of that type, bid for the 'privilege' to exploit the natural resources of the people... winning the bid should not grant them 'sovereign rights' over this situation. The fact that the government allows this is evidence of their 'alignment.'

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
When it comes to protecting the revenue stream there is ALWAYS something 'we' are not being told.

When a man shoots me, I will be reasonably disinclined to allow him to apply the bandage....

No difference here; these people - for whatever reason (although I think we can guess) remain responsible for an environmental cataclysm; they do not 'deserve' any "rights" to demand control of the clean-up. They've already come out winning by avoiding any morally equitable legal repercussions.

BP, like all other oil (or whatever) companies of that type, bid for the 'privilege' to exploit the natural resources of the people... winning the bid should not grant them 'sovereign rights' over this situation. The fact that the government allows this is evidence of their 'alignment.'

Wow, well said Maxmars. That is the whole kit and caboodle in one great post.
I love your getting shot analogy, bang on the bucks that is.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

Great line!

No difference here; ...they do not 'deserve' any "rights" to demand control of the clean-up. They've already come out winning by avoiding any morally equitable legal repercussions.

Nope, no difference.

The nail: sovereign control. Just like the old days, when corporations contracted directly with monarchs, represented them abroad and had sovereign control in their contracted territories.

Thanks. Missed that bit.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Is anyone surprised? I'm glad they got busted. BP is run by d-bags.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Those BP snakes. How can they sleep at night knowing that the lives of scores of people, were lost because of their neglegence. Then to carry it out further with THIS!? "influencing the scientists" ...pfff. I'm apalled.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
There are some fine posts in this thread.

The main question I have is, does any of this surprise anyone? It doesn't surprise me. The only
answer is of course................deregulation. After all, we hear from some politicians that deregulation will stop this kind of corporate behavior.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by saturnsrings
There are some fine posts in this thread.

The main question I have is, does any of this surprise anyone? It doesn't surprise me. The only
answer is of course................deregulation. After all, we hear from some politicians that deregulation will stop this kind of corporate behavior.

Well, it's already deregulated isn't it? ...Your post motivated me to search for confirmation, found today's NYT article:

Regulation of Offshore Rigs Is a Work in Progress.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R
reply to post by Maxmars

I think you're right. Reel justice for the filthy rich is paying .5% of half a fiscal quarter in finds (Ballpark). WTF. They caused a major ecologiacal disaster. Lock 'em up!!

I'd like to remind anyone who has forgotten the fact that the rig was US owned, and operated by US crews. That it was hired by BP has little to do with it. The President has made BP the scape goat.

You may be interested to know that 4 years ago another Deepwater Horizon rig in the North Sea nearly suffered the same fate as the one in the Gulf of Mexico. It was not hired by BP, and was again operated by US crews, and it too only used one BOP, not two as it should have. In that case, the remedial actions did work.

The reason the President made BP the scape goat before all the facts were in was because the US just hit the mother of all recessions, and the newly elected President wasn't about to see a US company made liable for billions in compensation - billions that could have very likely led to job losses, or even sunk the company completely.
edit on 17-4-2011 by mirageofdeceit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mirageofdeceit

Originally posted by XLR8R
reply to post by Maxmars

I think you're right. Reel justice for the filthy rich is paying .5% of half a fiscal quarter in finds (Ballpark). WTF. They caused a major ecologiacal disaster. Lock 'em up!!

I'd like to remind anyone who has forgotten the fact that the rig was US owned, and operated by US crews. That it was hired by BP has little to do with it. The President has made BP the scape goat.

You may be interested to know that 4 years ago another Deepwater Horizon rig in the North Sea nearly suffered the same fate as the one in the Gulf of Mexico. It was not hired by BP, and was again operated by US crews, and it too only used one BOP, not two as it should have. In that case, the remedial actions did work.

The reason the President made BP the scape goat before all the facts were in was because the US just hit the mother of all recessions, and the newly elected President wasn't about to see a US company made liable for billions in compensation - billions that could have very likely led to job losses, or even sunk the company completely.
edit on 17-4-2011 by mirageofdeceit because: (no reason given)

So if I charter a bus in England and it is a British made bus with a British crew on board, and I tell them to go as fast as this sucker will go because it will save time for me, and money, because time is money right?
Now after doing what I asked ( I am the boss here) they hit a building at 150 km's per hour and kill 50 people.
If they don't listen to me they don't work correct?
Now who is responsible here the boss, or the workers, or the owner of the bus?
Regards, Iwinder

edit on 17-4-2011 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-4-2011 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Hope everyone caught this thread - and the latest update from Whitecat's link.

One year later, the clean up crews are dying

Mystery illnesses plague Louisiana oil spill crews

Jamie Simon worked on a barge in the oily waters for six months following the BP spill last year, cooking for the cleanup workers, washing their clothes and tidying up after them.

One year later, the 32-year-old said she still suffers from a range of debilitating health problems, including racing heartbeat, vomiting, dizziness, ear infections, swollen throat, poor sight in one eye and memory loss.

..."I was exposed to those chemicals, which I questioned, and they told me it was just as safe as Dawn dishwashing liquid and there was nothing for me to worry about," she said of the BP bosses at the job site.

The local doctor, Mike Robichaux, said he has seen as many as 60 patients like Simon in recent weeks, as this small southern town of 10,000 bordered by swamp land and sugar cane fields grapples with a mysterious sickness that some believe is all BP's fault.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
"The decisive moment occurred in 1951, when Iran rebelled against
a British oil company that was exploiting Iranian natural resources
and its people . The company was the forerunner of British Petroleum ,
today's BP." - Jim Perkins

Oh BP

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join