It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof there is something wrong with the moon.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Hello everyone on ats who like me have questioned and discussed the idea there is something strange with the behaviour of the moon. I myself first started questioning its behaviour in November when I kept noticing the moons line of shadow kept changing angles through the night as if it was spinning. Its a fact that if the moon rises on the horizon using a half moon as an example. It will rise with a vertical line of shadow, through the course of the night this line of shadow will rotate to the right. It will go from vertical, rotate to the right until horizontal and continue rotating until its almost vertical again before dissapearing below the opposite horizon.
Now i have read many threads on here from others on here questioning the moons behaviour and we get the same answers apparently from people in the know telling us this is normal, this is how its always been. My argument has always been that the moon was never like that. That if a half moon was to rise on the horizon with a vertical line of shadow it would travel the sky and its shadow or the moon would not rotate. Its line of shadow would not alter at all during its journey across the sky. Im a 39 year old man who has always watched the skies and this is not normal. However when I argue my point I practically get ridiculed by those apparently in the know.
Well I just came across a fantastic web site that shows timelapse videos of the moon, particularly half moons that will remind you and show you how the moon always behaved in the past compared to present day. Which according to the people in the know is impossible.

Im new to making threads on here and am having a bit of trouble so only leave the site address

blueskyfootage.com

I hope this helps answer and open a few questions.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Is this the link you were looking at?
www.blueskyfootage.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Dinoman

Heck of a statement with no evidence no photos no notting..

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Thanks very much. Im a little computer illiterate and in the process of getting an education on here.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I wonder if this thread will get a hundred flags and 19 pages of replies like this one.

Inside info on comet Elenin (yes, you're being lied to)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

I should hope not.
I certainly am not paying $1499 to look at a video or purchase photos.

To the OP -

Please provide some explanation and pictures/videos that are FREE and make sense. All I see is a 19 sec clip of a crescent moon going from the top of the screen to the bottom. And I have no idea as to what you think we are supposed to get out of that?!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by balon0

I wonder what that has to do with this thread?!?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
GOD!!! Your right...............Didn't it used to be square?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by audio assasin

I take it you have not noticed yourself yet, but you only have to look up during the course of an evening and compare it to the timelapse videos on blueskyfootage.com
Once you notice the change, youll always notice.
I do actually have clips myself that I will upload shortly, just having a bit of trouble and waiting on some help.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
The observation you claim should occur will never be exactly the case. There will always be (throughout the night) some degree of "relative" change, relative being the operative word. This relative change will be much more evident near the summer and winter solstice, and less evident near the equinoxes. Its all has to do with how your perspective changes during the course of the night. If your perceive it from the orbital plane at all times, then yes, your assumption would hold true. But that is impossible, since you (point of observation) will always be moving.

Furthermore, the relative change observed will be magnified the closer your are to the equator.
edit on 15-4-2011 by TomServo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TomServo

Yes I agree I was not clear. we do observe horizontal lines of shadow and crescent moons in the cheshire cat image. Just not everyday, also the moons shadow has rotation in the past, but over a long period of time. Not to this degree in just a few hours.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

source

Moon fases
edit on 15-4-2011 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-4-2011 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by EartOccupant

Nice graphic.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
There is nothing wrong with the moon. It is in it's orbit as usual.
It is not hollow or Flat, it is not inhabited.
It is not on a collision course with Earth.
It does not have a steering wheel. no reptiles are piloting it.
and in case some of you have the wrong idea about the man on the moon,
its not a real man... (Gotcha).
The only thing wrong is peoples imaginations.

Another joke thread.....................................................................

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Dinoman

Dude...you been doing too many 'Shrooms.
Just sayin...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Dinoman

Two dimensional thinking in a 3D world will get you those results. The Earth is a sphere and it spins which cause the Moon and Sun to appear to rotate or move across the sky. The lit side of the Moon is always pointing in the direction of the Sun and this is why it appears to rotate from your perspective.

The best way to correct your way of thinking about this suspected anomaly is to use a 3d model and simulate this process. Try it, I have done it countless times over the years, you will then be amongst the "in the know" crowd.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Evidence of many moons in the sky.......wtf

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
Evidence of many moons in the sky.......wtf

Oh my gosh! This is scary! When did this happen? And they're all in a different phase! I wasn't aware that was possible.

Well, so long! Remember to Deny Ignorance....

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
OK. I see what you're saying. BUT. For the lightened portion of the moon to move the way you describe, wouldn't the SUN have to be basically re-orienting around the MOON and not the other way around? I'm no astronomer but that seems the way it would be to me; either that or the earth would have to move around in it's orbit quite a bit.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
just came across this video...

carnt say ive noticed,but dont watch the moon that much

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join