It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Raise debt ceiling or risk global recession

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by HappyHermit

Let me get this straight....YOU WANNA BE CHIPPED with a national id and big brother watching you EVERYDAY and EVERYWHERE? Please not for me...........

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Lose everything. Wipe the slate clean and start over. Try to follow Andrew Jackson's lead this time and not allow the gottverdamt bankers to control everything this time.

(snip)

Pyramid schemes have been outlawed for the non-elite but if your a central banker it ensures perpetual obedience from your minions and they can collapse the pyramid at any time by allowing/encouraging governments to not raise the debt ceilling thus triggering a systemic collapse, first at a national level and then on a international level. That is exactly what the globalist capitalists want so they can institute the amero or the infamous digital world currency if the euro collapses as well. Then come the RFID chips(666) and big brother controlling everything you do through the nsa echelon program. Its not pretty..............

(snip)

There is hope,called China and Russia (as weird as it sounds) and other Nations who realized what those Bastards are planning. I doubt they will let that happen. And i´m thankfull for that.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

China and russia are no longer communist. They sold out to the global capitalist nwo decades ago and will gladly go along with the elites. I think you are placing hope in the wrong hands. I think president hugo chavez of venezuela is the only rational person left on this planet and yes I know it sounds scary.............

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
reply to post by Shenon

China and russia are no longer communist. They sold out to the global capitalist nwo decades ago and will gladly go along with the elites. I think you are placing hope in the wrong hands. I think president hugo chavez of venezuela is the only rational person left on this planet and yes I know it sounds scary.............

But...but they are calling out the US on things...and strenghten their Military and...and they won´t get along with those NWO and Global Currency Schemes...and China wants his own Currency beeing the Reserve one...and...and

I can still hope...right? They will save us...somehow...

I would rather live under China and Russia´s Thumb (again...) than beeing Slaves to the Evil NWO Overlords...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Republicans probably want to see a shutdown on Obama's watch rather then be in office when it goes down. I was a fan of Obama, but I've steadily grown less fond of him with the past few months. Both of the parties seem bad to me now.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
They should just raise it to a quadrillion dollars so we won't have to worry about it for a while.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderboy2402

I don't necessarily suggest that your loss of confidence is a good or bad thing.

But it may happen to you, as it did to me, I became of a mind to understand that neither so called 'party' is what it purports to be.

At my most optimistic my impression of the two is that they are in fact one. Essentially pretending to be one thing or another to take advantage of how easy it is get get people riled up against one another. Some of their 'celebrities' may mean some of what they say... but it is all - in the end - theater for an ideology, or concept of governance that simply is impossible to hide... and is distinctly different from what I was taught about it as a youth...

At my most cynical I yield to the idea that it may be a social club of snooty self-appointed "economic elites" who are essentially social parasites engendering destructive governing paradigms for the benefit of their posterity and associates... they are self-serving actors, empty of any spirit of public service as we know it to be.... They are vainglorious shallow 'aristocrats' who collectively are entertained and aggrandized by the things they say and do, as well as the things that make the 'little people' endure...

Either is depressing enough... but to each you may add that the thing most fearful in that world of theirs is the desperation to secretly secure 'continuity of governance' which they guard as if their lives depended on it....

That concerns me... especially because in a political world where its perfectly 'reasonable' for veterans of one party to switch to another because "they are more likely to win that way" we can clearly see that their personal ideology no longer exists.... it's about their status... as "leaders"

Their paradigm says good government is about governing wisely and discounts the reality that good government is not about their wisdom... it's about our will.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

Economic collapse gives us a chance to free ourselves from the shackles of debt slavery. I vote for the collapse.

Doesn't it also give them the chance to establish an iron-fisted autocracy run by the supranational elite at the UN?

Not really. They only gain as much power over us as we allow. We DO have the right and ability to simply say "No" to their actions. There is only so much they can do if we non-violently resist.

And they really don't want to get us riled up...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Like I said we won't. There is going to be pain and yes death either way. That is unavoidable now. However one choice strengthens the elite's control over us. The other gives us a chance to regain our freedom and become a great nation again. I see that you choose slavery.

I don't share you gloomy outlook...sorry.

The debt ceiling will be raised...business will go on as usual...no different then the 74 other times this has happened since 1962.

Debt is an issue...and like all debt...responsible people pay it down slowly and on a budget that doesn't kill them. It will take time, some things will change...but it's not as scary as you are projecting...IMO.

The problem with that argument is assuming we have, or will get, responsible people in office. It just doesn't happen, because the system is rigged.

The system needs to be broken, scrapped, and then rebuilt...by truly responsible people.

And I volunteer for the breaking part...I like breaking things!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Its nice to see, our government cannot pay for the things they use, like we do, let alone taxes. why should we pay so much in taxes then anways? not like were making any headway here ya know. They cannot balance their own bankaccount, thats defaulting or theft* our government hard at work

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Yet they love to spend spend spend

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

A statement like that coming from a Pathological Liar is Par for the Course . The Man has a Complete Aversion of the TRUTH ....The question now becomes is he a defined compulsive Liar or a Sociopath? You Decide.......

www.americanthinker.com...
edit on 15-4-2011 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Choices:
1.Raise the debt ceiling, continue with QEn until the currency crisis is complete and the dollar and our way of life completely collapses

2. Don't raise the debt ceiling, default on our debts and have Greek-like austerity measures.

The Elites will chose the 1st one because we have guns and if the government knows we will rally against them if the try austerity here. Better that the dollar collapses and people shot each other for food.

As I've said before, you have to think like one of them

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Economic collapse gives us a chance to free ourselves from the shackles of debt slavery. I vote for the collapse.

Sadly, this is all too true....

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Nobody is talking about cutting the Pentagon's military budget. Why? If we're going to cut spending across the board, do it. Fifty percent in military spending and ending these illegal wars would be a great place to start cutting. Yet cutting programs that will hurt the middle class and reduce jobs is on the top of the chopping block?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Where did you come up with RFID chips? The barter system would mean basically we are on our own without government except for international matters and state's disputes...sounds like a good idea for our Founding Fathers... Barter has absolutely nothing to do with getting chipped. It just means that .....for example..... if Person A needed to see a doctor for, say, their high blood pressure. The doctor may accept 3 cabbage heads, 6 carrots, or 4 apples for the office visit or if Person A has skills as an electrician that's barterable, alkso. And the pharmacist may accept the same type of thing for the medication. You need five gallons of gas then it's a pound of bacon, for example. There's nothing about RFID in any of that...of course there's no government in it, either. Barter is all about trading something of worth for something else of worth to the individual, not some fiat paper not worth the ink used to print it. The government would get their taxes in the form of food or local use skills (construction, "infrastructure" repair, etc.).

Each person or family has different skills and tastes that provide a variety of foodstuffs, skills, manufacturing, etc. No need for any government involvment at all. A person wants to sit around and live off the government when they can work, but are too lazy to...then they can pick up trash along the side of the road or grab a paintbrush or mop for the courthouse and get paid with food/supplies.

Again, yes it's an Anarchist idea, but it could work and work well (except for the lazy, shiftless, etc.)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Well I like Obama's opinion on the raising the debt ceiling and totally agree with it....

“The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. … Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here. Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.”

Of course Obama made that statement back when he was a senator but never has he made such a truer statement.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Vikus

Which goes to show you, that President Obama KNOWS FULL WELL the realities of the situation. I suspect a number of others do as well. But oddly, they either cannot - or will not - act appropriately.

The real matter at hand is to determine why.

Why can't presidents and administrations, congresses, judges, and public servants seem to correct their own apparent organizational schizophrenia?

Obviously, ideology, religion, partisanship, race, culture, or level of 'intellectual elitism' has no bearing on the matter.....

So what is it that cripples our government this way?

(I know the answer I would propose... but you should determine your own.)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
He's fearmongering, but he's probably right.

Not raising the debt ceiling will mean that either (1) the Fed will have to print extra cash leading to possibe hyperinflation or (2) the USA will default on their loans, leading to an eventual dollar devaluation.

Neither scenario looks pretty for the USA.

As far as "a world recession", I think that might be a bit far.

Unless the USA deals with their ongoing spending problem AND debt issues, and soon, they are likely going to collapse into a recession again anyway. Even the cuts they're talking about, either $4 or $6 trillion, depending on which party you look at, is still only $400 - $600 bllion a year. They will still be adding over $1 trillion a year to the debt, under ANYONE's long term plan.

While they are looking at Govt spending cuts, NO ONE is trying to address paying off ANY of the debt at all. They're just looking at reducing how much debt they add each year

Any financial adviser will tell you that the first rule of spending reduction is to address debt while heavily reducing costs to within your income level. And the second rule they'll tell you is that you'll have to reduce spending in areas that you won't like.

The Government seem to think they can get away without reducing costs within their income level, and without paying down the debt. It's a recipe for disaster.

Until someone comes up with a plan to cut $30 - $40 trillion in spending over the next 10 years, they're not getting serious.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsofunnyguy

Originally posted by Maxmars

Doesn't it also give them the chance to establish an iron-fisted autocracy run by the supranational elite at the UN?

Not really. They only gain as much power over us as we allow. We DO have the right and ability to simply say "No" to their actions. There is only so much they can do if we non-violently resist.

And they really don't want to get us riled up...

Only as much power as you allow? You're probably right.

However, when that power is gained by subterfuge, and when the sheeple of the country say "thank you sir very much for making us feel safe with the Patriot Act, here's reelection", you get what you bought.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join