It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metal Storm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Wonder where the technology is headed..............

Metal Storm
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
That is very dangerous technology that once it see you, it'll rip you up like nothing. Developing a anti-jam gun? Yeah right, just building a gun to increase the damage.

And that gun station just showed, is one of many. There is a pistol with a tri-barrel that shoots 3 bullets per pull, a quad gatling turret that can be fitted with a sensor to detect anything that is foreign. The list goes on, this is very dangerous weaponry.
edit on 15-4-2011 by FreedomCommander because: incomplete

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by fredvcall

Yes its very cool tech, its been around for a few years now. And invented by Aussies

It reminds me of mech warrior shoulder packs.
they also do a handgun version that can put multiple shots though the same hole in a target before recoil affects the aim.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Wow how annoying that must be to reload!Amazing firing rate and relentless accuracy leads me to believe we will see more of this thing in the future.It really is a terror inspiring example of the human will to destroy.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I'm sold where can I get one!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Zombie crowd destruction would be my best guess...................

edit on 4/15/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by thatonedude

You dont reload them like a normal gun, you remove the whole pack and replace it with a new one. then the used pack has full tubes inserted in to the empty barrels.

At the moment the system is limited to various 40mm platforms and 12g shotgun attachment with reload by inserting a new munition tube
www.metalstorm.com...
edit on 15-4-2011 by sprocket2cog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Yeah, I think this technology came out about a decade ago. They also have grenade launcher versions

And there's where was just 2 short years later...[
edit on 15-4-2011 by IHIPrelude94 because: correcting grammar

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by thatonedude
Wow how annoying that must be to reload!Amazing firing rate and relentless accuracy leads me to believe we will see more of this thing in the future.It really is a terror inspiring example of the human will to destroy.

I suspect that if this technology becomes readily available on the battlefield, ammo will come prepackaged for the troops.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarformNJ
I'm sold where can I get one!

Good question. And when can they be had? What stage of development is this technology? Inquiring minds wonder.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Zombie crowd destruction would be my best guess...................

edit on 4/15/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

AA-12. World's deadliest shotgun!
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sprocket2cog
reply to post by thatonedude

You dont reload them like a normal gun, you remove the whole pack and replace it with a new one. then the used pack has full tubes inserted in to the empty barrels.

At the moment the system is limited to various 40mm platforms and 12g shotgun attachment with reload by inserting a new munition tube
www.metalstorm.com...
edit on 15-4-2011 by sprocket2cog because: (no reason given)

And so the answers appear...............

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by IHIPrelude94
Yeah, I think this technology came out about a decade ago. They also have grenade launcher versions

And there's where was just 2 short years later...[
edit on 15-4-2011 by IHIPrelude94 because: correcting grammar

I'm thinking that Australia could be the land of last hopes in times of a nuclear Armageddon. Takes longer for a fallout cloud to reach those regions. And when the survivors get there, all these nifty weapons will be available? Nice.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
metal storm guns here in aus yeah right we cant even get an air rifle without a full police backround check and thats just to get your licence it takes about three weeks to get that then it takes a hell of alot longer ( im not to sure it varies ) to be even granted permision to aquire a firearm its retarded the best we can hope for here is a good compound bow or speargun ( not allowed to have crossbows either) or perhaps the good old molotov cocktail . i have been preparing for the worst that will come with the rescources that i have . i got brains and scrap steel ( evil laugh ) and tools screw the retarded gun laws

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by romanis

You mean there are no guns available on the black market in Australia?

If guns were outlawed here in the states, the black market would be flooded with available weapons. Just as moonshine flooded during the Prohibition period.

I find it absolutely difficult to believe that a continent the size of Australia can't figure out a way to provide access to weapons for its citizens.

And how did this Aussie, in his spare time, tinkering in his garage, invent the Metal Storm technology if the gun laws are so tight there?

I mean, you can't buy a gun? But you can manufacture your own? Well, hell. Start manufacturing!!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by romanis

I did some looking into about Australian gun laws and such. Found a lot, including this:

Concern has been raised about the number of smuggled pistols reaching Australia, particularly in New South Wales. However, the ‘grey market’, in which handguns that were made inoperable and then reversed to be made functional again, and longarms that have never been registered in Australia, and then made available illegally to criminals is more of a concern

Then I found this:

A Sydney underworld gang member who has "rolled" told police they continuously bought and sold pistols and machine guns. His statement reveals how gang members bought pistols, including 9mm Glocks and SKS semi-automatic rifles, and kept them in a number of safe houses around the city.

And there was this article:

Estimated 20,000 guns sold on blackmarket
June 19, 2007

DESPITE the crackdown on handguns prompted by earlier massacres, an estimated 20,000 are held illegally in Australia.........The federal Justice Minister, David Johnston, said it was difficult for a law-abiding citizen to obtain a handgun but that "if someone wants to purchase a concealable weapon on the blackmarket, they will probably be successful".

I'm really having a difficult time thinking that the Aussie citizens are defenseless. Sure, there apparently are no open carry laws....BUT........

And I found a lot of articles that knives are very common in Australia. You know, that Crocodile Dundee thing. No matter how many guns I have, I always keep a knife handy.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by romanis

I'm super intrigued by what's going on in Australia. Not for a moment do I doubt what you say, being as you live there, and I don't.

But I took to researching Australian gun laws and what not, and I'm a might surprised by what's going on. Including this piece where China offered offered Metal Storm inventor Michael O'Dwyer all kinds of money to go to China to continue his reasearch work

China tried to poach supergun inventor
chinhdangvu.blogspot.com...:

Well, dang. Wouldn't you know that some day we might be purchasing Metal Storm weapons at Wal-Mart?

edit on 16-4-2011 by fredvcall because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Been folowing Metal Storm for several years because of their innnovative technology.

For example, they developed a pistol that instead of using magazines to hold the the ammunition, the caseless rounds are stacked inside the barrel and fired electronically in the correct order when you press the tigger.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

I'm thinking of the day to come (like the Bic Disposable Lighter) of the Disposable Million Round Automatic Weapon. Pull the trigger. Throw the shell away. Pick up the next Disposable Weapons.

new topics

top topics

join