It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God judges way too hard?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Dosen't it seem messed up that if I go to hell becuse I lied to my neighbor and get the same treatment as some dude that murdered dozens of people? Doesn't it seem that he is being too harsh on the 'little' sin making the two spending the rest of eternity burning in the same place? Does he think that all sins are equal? Cause there is a big difference a liar and a killer!

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
"Dosen't it seem messed up that if I go to hell becuse I lied to my neighbor and get the same treatment as some dude that murdered dozens of people?"

Does it? Maybe the whole process of judging is left up to God. Try reading 2 Samuel and see what happened to David after he killed someone for a selfish reason.

SevenAngels

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by katt06
Dosen't it seem messed up that if I go to hell becuse I lied to my neighbor and get the same treatment as some dude that murdered dozens of people? Doesn't it seem that he is being too harsh on the 'little' sin making the two spending the rest of eternity burning in the same place? Does he think that all sins are equal? Cause there is a big difference a liar and a killer!

People rate sins God doesn't. Any sin no matter which one seperates us from God. The way back is through Christ, for anyone no matter what they've done. Forgiveness from God through Christ is available to anyone and everyone. Different sins do bring on earthly and sometimes heavenly consequences that God doesn't have to take away. EX. A murderer when caught might spend life in prison or get the death penalty. Also sin after salvation brings loss of heavenly reward.

[Edited on 27-7-2004 by dbrandt]

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   
"Different sins do bring on earthly and sometimes heavenly consequences that God doesn't have to take away."

So, all sins are not forgiven?? Can our actions take away our chance to get into heaven?

[Edited on 27-7-2004 by katt06]

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   
everyone will sin after salvation! do you to have been saved and become perfect? there is no hell greater than now and though you may feel completely comfortable currently there are those who are quite the oppisite; your time is coming. all fraudelent lying traitors will pay with seven times seven folds the fire of demise. i will witness your lying burrough burn and roast bratwourst on it!!! YES!!! i will make time for those like you. and i will relish in your demise!!!

if you lie you steal and if you steal you kill!!!

accept the responsibility for your sins or else you pay the consequences!!!

this site has made it's best efforts to denie the truth so i must be discreet.

point blank the same sins are in all of us and we are all responsible. like smashing pumpkins said" the killer in me is a killer in you"

jesus said the same thing but it was edited by the oppresive dictators

wake the up

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 01:55 AM
link   
What I am curious about, is the very nature of sin. Is sin, in the Bible defined as a crime against one's own self? Against God? Or a combination that separates one from God? It would be interesting to see some Christians thoughts and opinions relating to this topic.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
katt06

So, all sins are not forgiven?? Can our actions take away our chance to get into heaven?

No.. When you accept Christ he forgives all sin.Past present and future.

I believe this is what dbrandt was trying to say.(hope i'm not putting words in your mouth)

A lot of christians(myself included) believe that there will be 2 judgements.

1. The great white throne judgement-- where the dead are judged according to their works. If their names were written in the Lambs Book of Life(accepted Christ as their savior) they will be welcomed into heaven. If their name was not in that book(do not accept Christ as savior) wii be cast into the lake of fire.This is the second death.

2. Beama seat judgement-- This is where Christians appeare before God and are judged according to their works.The works are not what gets you in, because at this point you are already in. How we lived are life,and what we did for Christ will be judged here. This is where the rewards come in.Our works can comeout as gold or silver.wood hay or stubble. the latter 3 will burn up. the first 2 are made pure by fire. Not being a good testamony, and doing those works that are not profitable and the willfull sinning will cause a loss of reward,but not of salvation.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by gfs4731

No.. When you accept Christ he forgives all sin.Past present and future.

right, but thats the problem, you have to keep accepting christ. If that is true, when you accept him and he forgives your sins, and the next day we sin again, would I have to accept him AGAIN???????

So, I am understanding that you are saying that anyone can enter heaven? Anyone?? So then, there is no such thing as loosing the right to get into heaven?

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
No when you accept christ and he forgives you, it is past present and future. Yes you are going to sin again,and again,and again. Even though you are forgiven, you still live in a sinfull body. When you do sin afterword it is already forgiven,but when tell God your sorry you are restoring fellowship with him. You can not lose your salvation. God is faithfull even when we are not.

1 example-- My son is 12, and I have caught him in more than a few lies. I get mad, and he gets a wuppin. Now, am I still his dad? Yes, even though he did somthing that i told him not to do(lie) an I had to punish him for it he is still my son. When he comes and tells me he's sorry, he is trying to restore that relationship with me. I can not stop being his dad, same thing with Christ.

I John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God;That ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Salvation is a free gift from God. Can you work for a gift? If I give you a gift,can I take it back? No, same way with God. What kind of Father would he be if he gave, then took back,gave and took back. Where is the security and comfort in that? I thank God that He will never leave me or forsake me,because I sin in some way or another evey day.

God wants no man to perish. So yes anyone can goto heaven,if they accept Christ as their Savior. The only way to loose you right to heaven(no sure that is the way i want to phrase that) is by rejecting Christ.

Romans chapter 5 and 6 are really touch base about this.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
gfs4731, you said that anyone can get to heaven if they accept Christ as their Savior. The only way to loose the right is to reject Jesus. so, if you reject him, do you loose the right to enter forever??

so then, if Jesus will forgive us then all will be well again?? Okay, explain Matt 6:14 for me.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
IF I am taking this correctly, Jesus is talking to his followers here. Mat 6:14-15
For if ye forgive men their trespasses,your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespass.

It seams that the point He is trying to make here is forgiving within the body of Christ. If I canot forgive someone who offends me, or does me wrong, how can I expect someone that i offend to forgive me. This is not talking about the forgiveness for salvation, but forgiveness of offence that breaks fellowship.

so, if you reject him, do you loose the right to enter forever??

Mat:12:31 Wherefore I say unto you,All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

If you die with out accepting Christ, then Yes acording to the Bible.
Luke chapter 16:19-31 gives a good description of what Hell is.(I know there will be some disagreements and contaversy about this)

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and not that of yourselves it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I take it everyone is trying to say that all sins are equal in Gods eyes?? Is that correct??

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   

"Different sins do bring on earthly and sometimes heavenly consequences that God doesn't have to take away."

[Edited on 27-7-2004 by katt06]

Christ died for every sin past present and future of everyone past, present and future. Our sins aren't forgiven until we become convicted within ourselves of the fact that we are a sinner in need of the Savior. We ask for forgiveness of our sins through what Jesus has already done on our behalf.

If someone murders somebody then goes to prison and gets the death penalty. Before he is executed he receives Christ as Lord and Savior(not a fake salvation, but real), then comes his execution. God doesn't have to remove his execution, he will still be executed for the crime he committed but at death will be with the Lord. The earthly consequence wasn't removed.

If I have truly accepted Christ but have a problem with lying, my salvation is still set but I could lose heavenly reward because the Holy Spirit can help me overcome lying but I am not seeking to overcome it.

After salvation a christian will still sin until we are with Christ but it should become less in intensity and frequency if you are growing closer to God and seeking to listen to Holy Spirit as He shows you how to live.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hetha
What I am curious about, is the very nature of sin. Is sin, in the Bible defined as a crime against one's own self? Against God? Or a combination that separates one from God? It would be interesting to see some Christians thoughts and opinions relating to this topic.

I heard someone give this definition for sin. Refusing to obey God and living life indepedent of Him. God has definite laws to keep us from experiencing the consequences of sin. God also made each of us for a reason and has a specific plan for each one. When we live life how we want we are choosing self over God. We become our own "god" and forget about the one true God.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I take it everyone is trying to say that all sins are equal in Gods eyes?? Is that correct??

Yes, all sin seperates us from God. However some sins are more destructive to us than others. If I would tell a lie I wouldn't get AIDS. If I sleep with prostitutes I run the risk of getting AIDS. This is my own personal opinion, but I think when a person comes to Christ and lets Him change his life, God will work on the more destructive sins that we do first, and help us rid our life of them.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Romans 3:10
As it is written, There is none righteous,no,not one.
Romans 3:23
For all have sinned and come short of the glory God.
Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is enernal life through Jesus Christ are Lord.

Rather God has different torments in hell,and the lake of fire or not, the end result of sin is that death. The escape is this

Roman 5:8 But while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 10:9,10and13
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
dbrandt
Nice examples.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
but what if i feel God wont' forgive me??

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   

but what if i feel God wont' forgive me??

If you love God and ask there is no sin He will not forgive. A large sin to you is a small matter for God because He loves you and knows what is in your heart.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   
You can be forgiven of your sins through the Atonement of Jesus Christ by the process of repentance. Because our Heavenly Father knew we would sometimes make wrong choices (we all have free agency), He provided a way for us to be forgiven of our sins (John 3:16). He provided a Savior (Jesus Christ) who suffered for our sins in the Garden of Gethsemane and on the cross so that when we sincerely repent, we can be forgiven.
When we sincerely repent, we:
Confess the sin to both God and anyone who has been harmed by our sin.
Ask forgiveness from God and from anyone we have harmed.
When possible, repair the damage we have done.
Forsake our sins.
Strive to keep the commandments.

Sincere repentance brings peace and forgiveness. God has promised, �Behold, he who has repented of his sins, the same is forgiven, and I, the Lord, remember them (the sins) no more�.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join