It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France arrests Muslim women as full-face veil ban begins

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by lifeissacred

Uh huh, so when was it decided it was their duty to kill those depicting or disrespecting him? Or did a few just blindly decide to opaint all muzzies as moronic animals for such actions? Fact is, it happens and they demand respect while showing none, all the while playing the victim card, time for a change.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

I never said it doesn't happen, I said it doesn't say in the Quran that this is how they should behave. You can't tar all Muslims with the same brush, same as I don't look at the KKK and think 'yep that's christianity'

The innocent majority of Muslims who just want to get on with their lives, these are the victims of this witchhunt against Islam in all of it's forms. They are victim, both of the extremists in their midst and of those in the west who seek to demonise all Muslims and portray them as backwards individuals which couldn't be further from the truth.

link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
reply to post by 23432

It's not that simple. If he makes the mask and labels it as such, he can be killed by the followers of the "religion" of peace.

He can be killed by them in the name of that religion even if he doesn't wear a Mohammad mask! He's an infidel, after all! He can be killed by anyone at any time for any reason, regardless what mask he wears. .

link   
reply to post by Sarahko

Thank you! If I go there, I have to adhere to their laws, and they scream about it. But if they come here? They scream about their rights to NOT adhere to ours.

A Moslem friends drinks alcohol here and is an adulterer( for lack of a better word)...and says if I come with him to his "beautiful-home-country"...he'd step to the side of me....and join them in stoning me to death because I was divorced and there fore an adulterer.

We are no longer friends. Some times I wonder if not that under those veils are MEN with bad intent. We'd never know.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Ok, lets tolerate women wearing a burka on a plane. For those of you who are fighting for their right to express themselves, would you board a plane without backing out? If this religion proved it to be a peaceful religion, we wouldn't be having this conversation. This religion has now defined how it justifies killing. The rest of the population has the right to feel secure and free from from intimidation. For those of you who are defending their rights, your view would change if a family member was killed by one of these religious radicals. If you want freedom of religion, do it in a peaceful manner, but as soon as you tread on others rights, you have lost your right to practice it in a free society.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
If you want freedom of religion, do it in a peaceful manner, but as soon as you tread on others rights, you have lost your right to practice it in a free society.

How does women wearing burqas tread on your rights? How is wearing a burqa not peaceful?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Does it not convey a religion that has condemned other faiths and used it to justify killing? With all the suicide bombings and killings in the name of Allah, you don't think people have a concern about people who practice this religion? Would you or would you not board a plane if you saw a women dressed in a burqa? I think the majority of people would be quite concerned. That my friend is infringing on people rights to be free from intimidation no matter whether that person has ill intent of not.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Would you or would you not board a plane if you saw a women dressed in a burqa? I think the majority of people would be quite concerned.

In the words of Chris Rock: "If I'm standing in an elevator and two white teenagers with trench-coats come into the elevator, I'm diving off!" and to continue "Whatever happened to CRAZY?".

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I don't want to jump in and appear to be attacking anyone from their back but I could care less if they carry an AK-47 under their robe. Fear is not a reason that I would ever want to see a piece of clothing outlawed.

This rag is a marking of property. It is a dog collar.

IMO women seeing kept women with a full face veil is akin to a black person seeing a black slave walking around wearing chains and being expected to tolerate it.

Would you tolerate it if you were a woman? COULD you tolerate it? As a male I cannot tolerate it and will not tolerate it. A woman could be single and open her own Burka store and I still could not tolerate it.

It is like a Jew walking around wearing a swastika goose stepping saying that Hitler was right. It insults every part of my humanity, the farthest depth of my mind, the deepest trenches of my being.

I will fight this till my last breath with everything that I have and if I am defeated I will make every effort to come back and fight it some more. This fight is worth taking on. THIS IS A WORTHY CAUSE. 50% of our population is a valiant battle to undertake.
edit on 16-4-2011 by idonotcollectstamps because: spelling bragh

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

No I would not be concerned. What terrorist in their right (maybe not right but you know what I mean) mind would disguise themselves as a devout Muslim?
I can pretty much guarantee Burka = multiple searches and extra scrutiny at airports simply because of the modern prejudices against what we percieve to be 'potential terrorists'
'right not to be intimidated by the appearence of others'? I've never heard of that one, does that mean bald headed white men should be facing scrutiny and restrictive laws because they might intimidate the Muslim community? No, likewise there should be no laws against a person wearing a piece of cloth which they consider an integral part of their religion. I'm not saying I like or even agree with the full face veil but I'm not scared of it and it doesn't threaten me, similarly it shouldn't be seen as a threat to anyone.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

edit on 16-4-2011 by lifeissacred because: tired of arguing, I did not join ATS for negativity.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by idonotcollectstamps

THIS IS A WORTHY CAUSE.

Why don't you reply to one of my posts? Scared much?

FYI, it is a worthy cause to the ignorant. And as oblivious as you are it is obvious to spot you have not researched this "battle" that you are waging thoroughly, I advise you(once again) to look at Iran's recent 60-70 year history.

Why don't you go attack the "Christians", "Jews" and "Muslims" responsible for human trafficking and pushing both young girls and boys into prostitution? You do know the law against the burqa that was passed in France concerns the tiniest fraction of their population? What kind of self-respecting nation would pass laws to vilify the minority? (hint; it has been done in the past so you should be able to find examples in history)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
*double post*
edit on 16-4-2011 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

I fail to see how much more research that I could do than to have two tours in Iraq dealing with it for 18 hours a day 7 days a week. I have seen EXACTLY where the Burqa comes from and what it stands for. You can claim that the Burqa is meant to represent the statue of liberty, it still does not change the fact it is used to mark women as property and slaves.

The GIGANTIC elephant in the room that no one appears to want to address is that only female Muslims are required to wear the Burqa.

Only females are required to wear the Burqa EXCEPT it has NOTHING to do with sexism. Right? RIGHT? Waiting for this response it should be awesome.

And let me add ANOTHER thing champ the people who determine the rules in the Islamic religion ARE MEN. The imams, men. The prophets, men. The Scholars, men. The fatwahs are issued by? MEN. Are we starting to catch on yet?
edit on 16-4-2011 by idonotcollectstamps because: denseity

edit on 16-4-2011 by idonotcollectstamps because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

a good post and I understand your points.

only thing i must point out is the Burqa is not forced it is an option or a recommendation,

I understand you see it as a chain and it may well be, but the fact is ALL organized religions are a chain.

I do believe these women have the right to wear what they want to express their faith.
they are not hurting anyone and if they are being imprisoned by there husbands well thats another story in itself because most men are pigs religion or not and battered women are a big problem worldwide.

I would like to add an analogy, you say the Burqa represents a woman as property and i agree but what exactly does a wedding ring do?
edit on 4/16/2011 by -W1LL because: analogy

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Both sexes wear a wedding ring and a wedding ring does not cover up your entire face.

Look I am willing to go so far as to allow the full body covering, gloves, feet the works. They can pray 3/5 times per day in the middle of downtown for all I care for 8 hours a day. They can worship Mohammed's beard hair. What I cannot agree to is the full face covering or only an eye slit. The face has to be revealed. A human being has to be allowed to exist in the most basic form.

I would even agree to the full face covering if the men also wore it in unison as a sign of solidarity. Well probably not but MAYBE it would be a freaking start at least for the men to show the women that they love them and consider them as equals instead of slaves.

BUT THERE IS A REASON THAT THE MEN DO NOT COVER UP THEIR FACES!

Care to guess what that is?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

You support this law? Even though forcing someone to wear one was already illegal?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

but the ring signifies ownership to one another, as does the burqa I am just trying to show you their side of the story. I dont agree with their religion or any they are all the same some more extreme than others in the end it seems the goal is to make people as a whole seem feeble.

just because you see something a certain way does not mean your interpretation is correct these muslims live in france for a reason, and not hurting anyone by wearing a burqa.

some may get offended by it, but it is a CHOICE in the end and we as HUMANS must grow to accept what we do not understand. and let others have the freedoms we have all been falsely given.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75
....at least that is not what the original post is about. It was about veiled women not lifting their veil to be identified by police.

Did you read the original story? The women were arrested for protesting and they DID lift their veils for female officers.

Additionally:

"The law will be infinitely difficult to enforce, and will be infinitely rarely enforced," said Manuel Roux, deputy head of a union representing local police chiefs, in an interview with France Inter radio.

This law was passed with NO MEANS of enforcement! Another useless law! A law of intimidation only! So stupid! And so wrong...

edit on 4/16/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

Well you said it yourself....They were arrested for protesting, or rather as the original story says, they were arrested for an "unauthorized" protest. It had nothing to do with them wearing a face veil....I could have been at the protest (I'm a guy...) and I'd been arrested too! Sure the protest was about the veils...but it could have just as likely been people protesting the Mcrib not being on Mcdonalds menu full time!

Now I don't know what it takes to get an 'authorized' protest in France, but I imagine that its not much harder than simply informing the police that you will indeed be protesting on such and such day. I know people protest their all the time, so it's not likely to be very hard to get authorization.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

The only reason people would be concerned is because the media has made a woman in niqaab/burqa, a suicide bomber. You should remember, women in niqaab/burqa have been flying since long before 2001.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join