It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama caught on audio slamming GOP

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Obama caught on audio slamming GOP

While listening to an audio feed from a Chicago fundraiser Thursday night, CBS News reporter Mark Knoller heard Obama speaking with donors after other reporters had left the room. That's when the president really opened up about his disdain for the recent GOP pushback:

"I said, 'You want to repeal health care? Go at it. We'll have that debate. You're not going to be able to do that by nickel-and-diming me in the budget. You think we're stupid?'" the president reportedly said.

Obama also complained about GOP attempts to attach a bill to the resolution to fund the government that would defund women's health services provider Planned Parenthood.

"Put it in a separate bill," the president said he told House Speaker John Boehner and his staff. "We'll call it up. And if you think you can overturn my veto, try it. But don't try to sneak this through."

"When Paul Ryan says his priority is to make sure, he's just being America's accountant ... This is the same guy that voted for two wars that were unpaid for, voted for the Bush tax cuts that were unpaid for, voted for the prescription drug bill that cost as much as my health care bill--but wasn't paid for," Obama reportedly said.

My only comment about this is....Why won't he talk like this in PUBLIC. I would LOVE for him to call the GOP out on their shady tactics out in the open. Obama needs to be a little more vocal on how the GOP is trying to manipulate the budget to get their own non-budget agenda items passed.

I love how some are trying to claim that this is an Obama gaffe...I don't see it like that. I think this is exactly what his supporters want to hear from him...but instead of on accident...they want to see him call them out directly and out in public.

Obama, It's about time to stop playing nice with the GOP...they aren't going to work with you...their goal is not to do good for the country...their only goal is to try to make you look bad. Let's toughen up a little.

Additional Sources:
Obama: GOP tried to "sneak" agenda into budget

edit on 15-4-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: Added Additional Source

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
yeah I dont know if it was really slamming the GOP from what you say, but I do agree with you.....These are the sorts of things that the average american wants to hear from our president.

It shows you he knows what he is doing, he just does not do it public enough

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I despise Obama, and his policies with all my heart and soul.
However, I agree with you. Politicians need to say what they are thinking, rather than saying what they think we want (or need) to hear.
As Sharron Angle said to Harry Reid. Man up Harry!
They all need to talk straight, and "man up" to the public.
This was no gaffe...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I suspect that once he is reelected, then he will make many such statements publicly. Too bad he didn't go into his first term with the "one term" attitude and speak his mind. He's been playing it safe and it might just cost him the 2012 race.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Straight talk WOULD be cool...but he'd have to talk the same way to the Democrats or everybody would call BS.

When it comes to politics, it's all BS anyway, to keep us from paying attention to what they're REALLY up to.

ETA: I just heard the audio on CNN. Obama sounds a bit "flat" to me, not really like an off-the-cuff conversation. Seems a bit staged to me, rather than being "caught". I call BS.
edit on 15-4-2011 by notsofunnyguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Are you sure this is true???...lol.....Barry getting caught at something....I just can't believe this with out pictures, listening to it on a hidden microphone, at least 5 eye witness's, having the voice calibrated to make sure it was his, at least 3 of his family members verifying it, also 2 congressmen and 3 Senators...Then I might believe Barry has been caught at something.....If the trolls can want all this proof, so can we......

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I agree with all the comments...at this point with Obama...no one wants to hear the political correct comments.

If you already support him, you WANT to hear him talk like this...come down hard on the GOP just as they come down hard on him.

If you are an anti-Obama person, you don't want to hear him talk like he is really trying to work with the GOP. At this point we know it is BS.

If you are on the fence...I'm sure you would just appreciate the straight talk.

The GOP is not going to work with Obama or the dems, and the more the Dems pretend that they are still trying to work with the GOP, the weaker they look. The lines have been drawn, let's just get down to it. Say what you really think...not what you think might win over a voter from the other side.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
A gaffe this was not and Obama would be wise to own up to this statement. He is losing support among his Liberal base and he knows it, they know it, and we all know it, so why instead of chasing fantasies of wooing over Conservatives and conservative-leaning-independents does he not fire up his own base? I do not support Obama at all but I mean it is quite obvious what should be done politically on his part.

Also I support repealing all funds for Planned Parenthood, it was an organization founded by an outspoken genetics based racist who targeted poor black communities so as to eradicate them as she seen them as genetically inferior. I am sorry Liberals but I cannot support an organization founded by an outright racist eugenicist and I darn sure do not want any tax dollars funding it.

As for the Paul Ryan bit Pres. Obama makes a point, Ryan is a hypocrite calling for such cuts while during his tenure he walked the party line helping to spend us into oblivion yet now he wants to play mister fiscal hawk.

Unfortunately all I see in Washington is the party of hypocrites and the party of do-nothings. The few who actually acknowledge we have a problem and are willing to fix it will never be given a voice because both parties love to spend, both parties love to grow government, and both parties are infested with liars.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Obama suffers from nice guy syndrome.
Obama needs to take a page out of Reagans book.
Tough but compassionate.

He needs to grow a pair and tell it like it is like R. Lee Ermey.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I'm no fan, but this is probably the most honest thing that I've ever heard.

Candor would be nice in the political arena, though.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Also I support repealing all funds for Planned Parenthood, it was an organization founded by an outspoken genetics based racist who targeted poor black communities so as to eradicate them as she seen them as genetically inferior. I am sorry Liberals but I cannot support an organization founded by an outright racist eugenicist and I darn sure do not want any tax dollars funding it.

Even though I am considered a "liberal", I also support de-funding Planned Parenthood, or at least outlaw them from providing abortion services.

But, the budget is NOT the place to do this. This is an ideological legislative point (one that I tend to share with conservatives), it is not something that is killing our budget nor would it save a ton of money. I would support any effort the GOP made to remove federal funding from planned parenthood, or require them to discontinue providing abortions, or seperate the two entities. Yes, this is a ideological point of view of mine....one I don't use to soley base my vote, but one that I would support the effort of....but not in the budget.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Candor would be nice in the political arena, though.

Correct! The veil of Political Correctness has taken over the nation. That'a what was so refreshing about Trump calling Obama on the carpet. Simple honesty. Watch out or Net Neutrality will take the starch out of ATS.

You know they are all thinking it but they are just to afraid to speak it in public. That's why its fun to watch British parliament in action every now and then.

Let off a little steam in a semi civil manner then go out and have a beer together at the end of the day. That was the norm on the Hill during the Reagan years. It's a different blood thirsty game now.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Same here, I do find it questionable though that with all the secret deals and such Obama does that it is something in his favour that ends up getting leaked.

And so close to election time when he's so desperate for another term

Could just be covert campaigning from the Obama camp, your tax dollars at work IMO.
edit on 15-4-2011 by lifttheveil because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

why would you de-fund planned parenthood? As long as society and media display sex in such a way, we need it. I would love to say that its a "conspiracy" too, but really they are serving a world that needs them because people are un-educated.
edit on 15-4-2011 by jetflock because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Yes, because the GOP are the only shady politicians in D.C.

link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
I suspect that once he is reelected, then he will make many such statements publicly. Too bad he didn't go into his first term with the "one term" attitude and speak his mind. He's been playing it safe and it might just cost him the 2012 race.

He knew it would take two terms to complete his masters' plans. But yes, after he wins in 2012 a very different Obama will emerge and the people outside of D.C. will see who he really is.

/TOA

link   

My only comment about this is....Why won't he talk like this in PUBLIC. I would LOVE for him to call the GOP out on their shady tactics out in the open.

The conventional answer is: he's a wuss.

The conspiracy answer is: he's a puppet.

I'm still on the fence on which one is the real reason, but the more he keeps acting like a wuss the more convinced I become he's a puppet.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetflock

why would you de-fund planned parenthood? As long as society and media display sex in such a way, we need it. I would love to say that its a "conspiracy" too, but really they are serving a world that needs them because people are un-educated.
edit on 15-4-2011 by jetflock because: (no reason given)

Abortion is something I don't support, so I would support the effort to de-fund Planned Parenthood in principle. But like I said I wouldn't let that one issue drive my vote for anyone.

I think most of the services Planned Parenthood are great...the only one I object to is abortion. And I know that no federal funding is supposed to be used towards their abortion services...but that is like someone saying during WWII "I'm going to donate money to Hitler to go towards his research in scientific advances, and he promised me he won't use my money to kill the jews.".

The fact is that if they get X amount of money from the federal government and they don't use it for abortion, but they use it for other services. Then that means they have "other" money that they don't have to spend on those services...and can shift that to their abortion services. It's all accounting tricks.

I don't want to de-rail my own thread, so if you want to continue on this topic feel free to U2U me.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner

Yes, because the GOP are the only shady politicians in D.C.

Not at all.

But I will admit that the GOP are better at calling out Dems publicly. There are a few Dems that speak out publicly...but Obama really hasn't done that much...and I think he needs to start.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Even though I am considered a "liberal", I also support de-funding Planned Parenthood, or at least outlaw them from providing abortion services.

It's already against federal law to spend any tax dollars on abortions, that includes Planned Parenthood and anybody else who's providing that service. The whole exercise of defunding P.P. is an effort in futility and it amounts to nothing more than political grandstanding on the part of the republican/tea party movement.

Why do we need to outlaw something that is already outlawed? Just because they would rather keep this topic in the news instead of lifting one little finger in an effort to create much needed jobs, that's why. I mean, creating jobs might accidentally make Obama look good and, God forbid, we can't have that.
edit on 15-4-2011 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join