It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most biggest snake ever caught and killed, 60ft... THE REAL KING OF THE JUNGLE .

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I'm with Ben81 on this one, no way that thing is only 20-30 feet. The top of the CAT's (driver) cage has to be close to 10ft. alone. Either way, that thing is HUGE!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Where does it say they intentionally killed the snake? It says it was killed "while the bulldozer was digging"....
Come on people......

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

Didn't specify if it was killed intentionally or not.

I can promise you had it been me, it would be intentional - intentional with prejudice.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
That snake is a monster.
Great shot and thats.

To those that are upset over the man eater, It a shame something that amazing is dead.
Even though it wasn't killed on purpose, if it was in a populated area then it needed to be taken "care of" in one way or another.
As a snake that big would swallow a little child for on entree and then go for the parents next.
Unless someone wants to go in and humanly wrangle it up like the snake was 6ft, then go ahead and would love to film you doing it. ( I bet i would get some flags and stars for that footage). But that snake needed to be moved one way or another.
Im sure all of you wouldnt stop building your house just for a snake no matter how large it is.
And Im sure that if any of you had a vemonous snake in your back yard near your child you would kill the snake in a heart beat.
Its shame that the snake was killed, but i'd rather see the snake dead than a human dead because of a snake.

edit on 15-4-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Now it can reincarnate into a better life......away from torment on its mental and physical that human could inflict him (after capturing)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

Exactly my point- but look at all the posts saying how they just killed it- I don't think people even read the thread.If you did it sounds like they were just doing whatever it was they were doing with the bulldozer and accidentally killed it......

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills
reply to post by Ben81

Your link doesn't work and the claw of the CAT is actually much closer to the camera than you realize, so the snake's size looks like an optical illusion. Look how big the claw is compared to the rest of the machine, its really close up to the camera. The snake is huge but its more like 20-30ft.

I can understand how you would think that, however, the tail of the snake is close to the tracks and that is a much more definite point to judge the length. Even if those guys were 5' in height, it would be damn close to 10 of them to match the height of the snake if it was straight in the air. Not even including the fact that we don't see the end of the tail. Assuming of course this isn't photoshopped.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Boo-hoo. Poor, poor snake. .....EVIL HUMANS!

....Ask me if I would allow that thing to live in my backyard.

....Ask me if I would let that giant snake take a crack at some child?

....Ask me if I believe that it would survive captivity?

....Ask me if I think that (if there are no researchers nearby) they'll cook it up and feed the whole family for weeks?

.... Do you think that snake would show any remorse for you after digesting you?

Look. There isn't exactly anywhere to put it, and kids and even full grown adults would (probably already have been) be prey.

....Not to mention, I'm sure there are some livestock that are glad that thing isn't around anymore. I'm sure there were famers wondering what was eating their stock.

The way I see it, humans first. The ONLY two issues here to me are that the lady died and the snake couldn't be observed in it's natural habitat. The dead body will at least provide some info on how it got that big. Otherwise, it would've just gotten away into the woods anyhow.

Start looking at it from people's perspective, and not just the animals. Chickens, dogs, etc if allowed to urinate on a lawn will cause it to be "posioned" and it will darken, die off, or turn yellow for awhile. We don't think, "geez, they destroy stuff. They all need to be destroyed!" They are misguided just as much as humans, but yet we blame ourselves for what we nartually do. Build, create. Isn't that what ants do?

Humans are the only animal on earth besides lemmings that wish for it's own destruction. I for one will NOT extend the PETA agenda of feminism, control, and the banning of many lawful businesses. They have their hands into everything. No way am I taking food from more childrens mouths because of some "poor animal." Maybe the OP didn't mean to come off so bias against the man with the CAT, idk, but I do know there is no reason to portray him as a villan unless there is an agenda.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ken10
I don't think its 50/60ft long, Maybe 20...To be 50ft long that bucket would have to be over 10ft wide.

Looking at the height of the dude standing on the cat, it looks pretty damn close to 50ft, And they arent the tallest people in the world..... Besides that, this pic is a few years old

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
good job

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I have done the work for you ATS's the man is five foot five inches tall and the snake is 7 and half times his length so that gives us around 40 foot long. That's the biggest snake I have ever seen its a pity as a zoo would have made millions from tourists and visitors

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
This picture is years old. I think even back from the AOL days. LOL

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I see 100 pairs of cowboy boots , 75 wallets and 50 belts not including 100 buckets of KFC . Mmmm ... good . There is room for all of Gods creatures , right next to the mashed potatoes . Smells like fish , tastes like chicken .

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
The back story cannot be confirmed. The "original" source of the article/photo is supposedly the People’s Daily, the official China Communist Party newspaper - and this cannot be confirmed either.

The original article claimed that it's a Boa. They got that wrong. The article has those extra-ordinary stories to make it extra sensationalised, for example: "They claimed the digger driver was so traumatized that he suffered a heart attack on his way to hospital and later died."

There's just too many indescrepencies in the story for us to believe the figure of 60 feet, 55 feet or even 50 feet.

Also keep in mind that the record for the longest snake was 32 feet. (This record may have been broken in 2004 by this snake) from Indonesia:

Local government official Rachmat said the reticulated python measured 48 feet 8 inches and weighed in at 983 pounds.

The Guinness Book of World Records lists the longest ever captured snake to be 32 feet. The heaviest — a Burmese Python kept in Gurnee, Ill. — weighs 402 pounds, the book said on its Web site.

This was never confirmed, so we'll take that with a pinch of salt as well...

Currently Fluffy holds the record the longest snake (in captivity) according to Guinness.

On a side note, apparently the snake in the photo was killed by accident:

“On the third dig, the operator found there was blood amongst the soil, and with a further dig, a dying snake appeared. At the same time, another gold coloured giant boa appeared with its mouth wide open. The driver was paralyzed with fear, while the other workers ran for their lives. By the time the workers came back, the wounded boa had died, while the other snake had disappeared. The bulldozer operator was so sick that he couldn’t even stand up.”
Source

edit on 16-4-2011 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
30 foot long tops, still wouldn't want to bump into it in a dark alley.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
So this guy was like,

'' hang on, where's that woman in the CAT thats digging up the jungle?''

''I'm gonna go find her''

Guy finds woman dead and finds snake dead

''Crap guess I need some help, good job I have signal on my cell to call for it while I wait here''

''Hey while I'm waiting I'm gonna take a picture of this, probably on my cell because why would I carry a camera as well as a phone?''

''The snake needs to be elevated, so I'm just gonna sit on this dead woman's knee to operate the controls and get it right first time''

''Hey I did it, hell I might as well leave the dead woman in there and pose next to her for my picture, which I'll take by salotaping my cell to a tree and use a timer''

''Kinda messed up of me not to move this dead woman the whole time, but HEY this snake is huge so who cares right ??''

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/849c960be1fc.jpg[/atsimg]

Why do we always kill creatures that we are afraid of ... ?

it could catch and kill any animals

You answered your own question...

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
So I thought it would be easier for people to comprehend the size of this majestic beast by having visual aid. What I did was took the guy that looks like Oscar from the American version of The Office, cloned him multiple times, and levitated his newfound brethren aside the snake.

Now, assuming Oscar from the American version of The Office is around 5 feet tall (maybe a bit taller), and it takes 9 Oscar clones to make up the length of the snake, then we can only conclude that length of the corpse (the snake corpse; not the Fat Oscar corpse in the CAT) is lik 45 feet long.

Welcome to the jungle.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Julio

lol whut. either way its cute, i would hug it but its dead.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Snakes are ridiculously cute. With their big bulgy eyes and curious nature. But I won't stray off topic.

Anyways, I was going to say...What exactly is limiting a snake from growing to big? For example, a tortoise if it was too big wouldnt be able to carry the weight of its shell, like an beetle and its exoskeleton. If a sparrow was too big it wouldnt be able to fly because the wings would not be able to support its body weight. But for a snake, especially of the constrictor variety, nothing's really stopping it from growing to a massive size. Constrictors are VERY strong animals and the only thing I can see preventing it from getting big is limited food source.

And before people say that things have limits, well look at those immortal jellyfish. They will live forever unless they have a disease or are eaten (I guess they just dont have the 'old age' genes in their DNA, so maybe constrictors dont have the 'size limit' genes?). I don't know, I'm a Julio, not a scientist.

Just a little thought for food.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join