It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq War FACTS: $5,000 spent per second. $900 billion spent so far. Over 600,000 dead civilians

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
IRAQ WAR FACTS

As per The Washington Post, there were more than 180,000 Private Contractors in Iraq in August 2007 4,439 US troops are dead and and additional 32,033 are wounded, 20% of which are serious brain or spinal injuries. (Total excludes psychological injuries). 30% of US troops develop serious mental health problems within 3 to 4 months of returning home So far, 147 Journalists have died in Iraq (14 of them by US Forces), and Iraqi Police and Soldiers casualties stand at 9,830. A UN issued report dated Sept 20, 2006 stating that Iraqi civilian casualties have been significantly under-reported. Casualties are reported at 50,000 to over 100,000, but may be much higher. Some informed estimates place Iraqi civilian casualities at over 600,000.

MORE INFO

For a small fraction of that - even with cost overruns - we could have made great advancements in space exploration.

All the money would have been spent on earth. Compared to the Iraq invasion and occupation, probably a much larger fraction of it would have been spent in America.

Over the four-and-a-half-billion-year history of Earth, few events have truly mattered: There was the advent of single-celled life, multi-celled life, the development of plants, then animals.

The next step - the first big step in 540 million years - is the extension of life to another planet.

It could have happened in our lifetime - for a tiny fraction of the money spent on the Iraq invasion and occupation.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Pha3drus

No wonder the price of gas is so high. That is one hell of a price to get their hands on the oil!!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
This is a genocide ... just like in Rawanda .. Palestine ... Yougoslavia ... American Indians ...

People around the world should see this .. thats just the official figures .. over a million innocent Iraqi's have been murdered ... and don't forget Afghanistan also ..

I guess only Jews are allowed to demand revenge for genocide ... all others are just terrorists rite ..?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
think about how much of the debt we could pay off if we stopped fighting all these wars 900 billion JUST for iraq wow

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Imagine using that money to improve infrastructure, agriculture, educational and medical systems. Imagine using all that money to help the poor people and to bring everyone to an equal state. Imagine a world where every place on earth is worth going on holiday to because its beautiful and peace roams around every corner, in such world travel and food will be cheap and everyone will be happy and loving.

If after world war 2 there was no israel then america wouldnt have had to spend so much on weapons. the sovjet union was an excuse. you see they worked together into supplying the world with weapons. if they didnt then there would have been less conflict.

today many people blame islam for the chaos, but i truly blame the man up there. the big guy who controls the money. the white man should have left the muslims alone after world war 2, instead they created israel. stop blaming muslims, get off that trip. i'm serious, leave the muslims alone.

the reason there are millions of muslims in europe is not because they want to be there, its because someone has been destroying their countries so they flee and hope to live in a safe place. every immigrant i speak to has a plan in their head that one day they'd return to their homeland. that day will be when the west gives the countries back to their owners.

it might sound that i'm going off topic but i can assure you that i'm not.

now what the muslims really need is a massive revolution, followed by a war just to settle everything down. the problem is that the west will intervene and the result of the war will be unfair, giving power to the wrong guy, another dictator, so again. get off the muslims and let them sort it out.

remember, it took 2 world wars to bring peace and democracy to europe. europe didnt become civilised over night.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Sad, we should arrange some sort of MASSIVE mass peacful protests, end this, pour all that money into.. our country? the deficit? the people? burn it? anything but what they're doing with it. Almost ready to jump on the wagon and suck on the teet of the cash cow myself if situation doesn't improve..

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pha3drus
IRAQ WAR FACTS

As per The Washington Post, there were more than 180,000 Private Contractors in Iraq in August 2007 4,439 US troops are dead and and additional 32,033 are wounded, 20% of which are serious brain or spinal injuries. (Total excludes psychological injuries). 30% of US troops develop serious mental health problems within 3 to 4 months of returning home So far, 147 Journalists have died in Iraq (14 of them by US Forces), and Iraqi Police and Soldiers casualties stand at 9,830. A UN issued report dated Sept 20, 2006 stating that Iraqi civilian casualties have been significantly under-reported. Casualties are reported at 50,000 to over 100,000, but may be much higher. Some informed estimates place Iraqi civilian casualities at over 600,000.

MORE INFO

For a small fraction of that - even with cost overruns - we could have made great advancements in space exploration.

All the money would have been spent on earth. Compared to the Iraq invasion and occupation, probably a much larger fraction of it would have been spent in America.

Over the four-and-a-half-billion-year history of Earth, few events have truly mattered: There was the advent of single-celled life, multi-celled life, the development of plants, then animals.

The next step - the first big step in 540 million years - is the extension of life to another planet.

It could have happened in our lifetime - for a tiny fraction of the money spent on the Iraq invasion and occupation.

Thanks for posting this, I just gotta say... HUMANS SUCKS
With out a doubt this is the BEST THREAD EVER.
edit on 15-4-2011 by R3KR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Why don't you's all get together and go out on to the street's and protest? Organise a march!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pha3drus

They could've given every man, woman and child around $3,000 for that amount. I have a wife and 1 child. That would be $9,000 for a good start on my son's college education. Other larger families would have gotten more for whatever they wanted to use it for. And that's every man, woman and child, including the hobos! Hobos would each get $3,000. Street kids? $3,000. Shopping cart man? $3,000. But it has to be spent killing small brown people. Yay us.

/TOA

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Leave it to humans to thin out the over populated Earth. If an artificially induced earthquake doesn't do it, & a nuclear meltdown doesn't either, then guns & tanks will.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Gravity
Why don't you's all get together and go out on to the street's and protest? Organise a march!

Are you going to be there, too? Bring cookies & punch.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

A UN issued report dated Sept 20, 2006 stating that Iraqi civilian casualties have been significantly under-reported. Casualties are reported at 50,000 to over 100,000...

But Op's headline reads "over 600,000 dead civilians"

then some other dimwit says...

over a million innocent Iraqi's have been murdered

I know...maybe ten million, or um, 50 million Iraqis were hunted down and slaughtered by the evil Americans....yeah that's the ticket.

For the amount of money we have spent on protecting freedom from Nazi's and other Fascists...we could have planted, like, a billion trees and saved the planet from Al Gore...or his inconvenient Global Cooling, or something.

Wild claims....stupid arguments...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
$5,000 spent per second -- Wow, that's a ton of money. America doesn't even have that kinda money to spend, no wonder we are sinking so fast.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AnitaCigarette

Well then Anita we can all just sit here and talk as usual, let them get on with destroying the world.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mobiusmale

A UN issued report dated Sept 20, 2006 stating that Iraqi civilian casualties have been significantly under-reported. Casualties are reported at 50,000 to over 100,000...

But Op's headline reads "over 600,000 dead civilians"

then some other dimwit says...

over a million innocent Iraqi's have been murdered

I know...maybe ten million, or um, 50 million Iraqis were hunted down and slaughtered by the evil Americans....yeah that's the ticket.

For the amount of money we have spent on protecting freedom from Nazi's and other Fascists...we could have planted, like, a billion trees and saved the planet from Al Gore...or his inconvenient Global Cooling, or something.

Wild claims....stupid arguments...

1 death due to this unlawful war is too much. Wild claims? 600,000 is a conservative estimate. When you consider 3,000 people died on 9/11, then this has been repaid 200 fold at least.

These people didn't ask for this war, they weren't behind 9/11, yet they paid the price.

Stupid arguments? You weren't on the front line, were you, it didn't impact on your family, did it? You sir are the epitomy of an arrogant, ignoramus!!!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The sad part is this amount was probably grossly under-reported. 900 billion? More like a few trillion. You have to consider the health costs for treating all those wounded veterans too.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncle Gravity

You didn't answer my question. But I know your intention is to do nothing as well. Instead of instructing us, how about you do it, too & not come off as a hypocrite or somebody who would rather sit behind their computer & tell people to revolt online, when you have no intention of doing it.

Again, bring cookies & punch for everyone. No one likes an angry mob, especially a hungry one.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

While it is true that the estimates vary widely, you're hyper-exaggerating.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by legalizeit

I think its is a bunch of B/S that our government keeps sticking their nose where it doesn't belong!! All because they are greedy. My fiance served in Iraq and he feels the same as I, he actually is the one that opened my eyes as to what really goes on there, and i am sure he has left some things out. Also our government trying to force other countries to be democracies is outrageous!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AnitaCigarette

Unlike most people Anita i do get out to protest's when my illness allow's! So your comment on my intention
is pretty way off the mark.
You bring the cookie's and punch as i cant afford it, since i dont like cookie's anyway you can have them and i will help myself to the punch........hic!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join