It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Information On The NovaTech Society.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I was suckered in by Novatech simply because I am naturally curious. I wanted to know what it was that they claimed to hold all the keys to...from sex, career, money, social standing, etc.

I bit and bought book one. It took weeks to arrive. Meanwhile more and more novatech letters arrived, some confirming my purchase, others offering my next installment...at a hundred bucks less change. Then the first book arrived.

That tome lasted 24 hours inside my home before I boxed it and the complimentary small book that came with it and sent it back to Novatech, demanding my money back.

Its a scam. Waste your money on something that will truly increase your brain capacity. Novatech is a bible for the Antichrist and blames religion for all of man's woes. It urges every Novatech adaptee adopt the basest of carnal desires, deny God, deny human values and serve only self in the new future Novatech claims to provide one.

Gag me with a spoon, it's treatise read like the diatribes of megalomaniac.

If that's your bag, go for it.

It won't make you smarter, richer, more likeable, skinnier, better dressed or smell nicer.

If you really want to get ahead in life try reading How to win Friends and Influence Enemies, Rich Dad-Poor Dad, 1984, The Greatest Story Ever Told,
and Gone with the Wind. None of those books will deplete your bank account by half of what Novatech wants and you will learn more about human relationships than Novatech can ever teach you, no matter now many books they send you.

And yes, I did receive my refund...six weeks after I demanded it back.

Waste of money big time.

rad

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
No offense intended, but if your claims are true, that would make you not only the youngest but also the most naive O-6** I have ever heard of in any service, and I have known more than a few in my day.

Since you have no apparent qualms about posting your "real" name here, I'm sure you won't mind sharing some details of your career with us, such as prior commands and assignments, schools attended and especially how you managed to advance so rapidly. I'm sure your story, if true, would not only prove enlightening, but inspiring.

As for indignance and ruffled feathers, I have never known a full bird colonel who couldn't handle skepticism. No one could possibly maintain a military command, let alone advance rapidly in rank, with a thin skin. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on writing skills, doubt though there be. I'm sure, in light of your background, that you understand the basis for our cynicism.

So, since you just signed up today, please introduce yourself a little more, either here or in the Introductions forum. That's not expecting too much from someone who seems otherwise unconcerned about privacy.

As for making you into a fool, you should already know that is something only you can do.

** Referring to O-6 line officers. Staff corps is a whole other matter, and I suppose I should not assume that you aren't a staff officer, especially if we're talking USAF.

Edit: Clarification about staff corps possibilities.

[edit on 7/28/2004 by Majic]

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColRobertLemkeUSAF
How dare you say I am not a Colonel. Did I start talking to you in some no-name Yahoo chat room. No, I recieved the letter, researched it AFTER I sent in my inviite, and came across this webring. For your information, George Bush could have done the same thing. There are many Colonels, I am not a specialty. If I were to lie, I would call myself Jimmy Carter. You are simply downgrading ME because I am going agaisnt your cause. Novatech may or may not be a secret society, BUT, secret socities do exist and my father was infact part of one. My father was too in the military, and owned an airline charter business. HIs wealth primarily succombed from property investments. Don't make me into a fool, I didn't you.

A commissioned officer, much less a Colonel (Full Bird, mind you since you're not "Lt", that would be "Light" to the uninitiated), can spell, punctuate, and compose cogent prose... it's called an education, followed by years of writing reports, evaluations, and CYA memos.

I would hope you "received" the letter.

And returned your �inviite�? Invite? Come on, it only makes slightly more sense than:

�There are many Colonels, I am not a specialty�. Do you mean to say your not unique? Scrabble, and crossword puzzles help develop a vocabulary, try it sometime.

Jimmy Carter? A former Naval Officer, and the scourge of the military? Not the first persona that would come to the mind of a USAF Colonel should he wish to obfuscate his identity. If you were going to lie you would post exactly what you have.

�You are simply downgrading ME because I am going agaisnt your cause.� Whoa Nelly, the correct word is denigrate, and we are �against� your misrepresentation.

Secret �socities� do exist �infact�, in fact, is two words.

A Bird Colonel would hardly reminisce about his father in a tone more appropriate for say� a fourteen year old.

�HIs wealth primarily succombed from property investments�. I�m unsure of what you were trying to accomplish with this one, �succombed�? How about derived; that�s a nice financial sounding word. I have succumbed to the ineptness of your post, but what the heck.

�Don't make me into a fool, I didn't you.� I couldn�t have said it any better, and I AM A FOOL!

[edit on 28/7/2004 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I will introduce myself briefly for now, and later more indepthly. I graduated from Foothill High School, 1988. In 1991, I graduated from San Jose State University with a B.A, Social Science. AT SJSU, I also attended ROTC. In 1990, I became an NCO for a temporary period of time: 6 months in Iraq. After that, it was back to SJSU to finish my Spring and finally summer semester in 1991. At this point in time, I was fully commissioned as a 2Lt. In 2000, I went reserve status, and took a position at United Airlines. At this time, I was ending my ranking as a Major. Over the course of my military career, I have recieved two Masters degrees, one in Sociology and the other in Public Administration[MPA]. A month ago I discontinued my employment with United to take a public teaching position [after I finished credentialing- passing the CBEST and SSAT] at actually the school I graduated from. I will also be teaching a Geography and US History Post-Reconstruction class at the local community college- all while maintaining my property investment business. I am not married, don't plan on it, and raise my 17 year old nephew- the inspiration in my life- who will be a senior this year. I am not an asshole despite my rudeness earlier
, undertand that Novatech is probably a hoax, but am simply stressing that secret societies exist. If you would like to chat with me, I am on Yahoo: Pleasanton_CA , and AIM: rlemke2000. I will be away for a few hours after this posting. Feel free to IM me, I love talking to people and learning something new everyday. Take care, and once again I am sorry for the horrid first impression. I am not used to these type of chat rings.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   

How dare you say I am not a Colonel. Did I start talking to you in some no-name Yahoo chat room. No, I recieved the letter, researched it AFTER I sent in my inviite, and came across this webring.

Colonel, I would have to say that is an interesting take you have to try and get people here to bite the bait, as it were. But you didn't do your homework and certainly didn't bring your "A" game here to ATS. How dare I indeed.

You are simply downgrading ME because I am going agaisnt your cause. Novatech may or may not be a secret society, BUT, secret socities do exist and my father was infact part of one.

Against what cause? Recieving an anonymous email and then responding without hesitation or questioning? If that is your cause...then I am guilty as charged. So are you saying that one should just respond to all secret society requests in the hopes that one day, access to that great inner circle of knowledge shall be made?

Don't make me into a fool, I didn't you.

As many of our keen members have pointed out...you have done well enough on your own. As for me, I would simply return your full bird for one of my own.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I introduced myself above, don't know if you read that.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Oh, also Zulander____, we didn't recieve these through e-mail, we recieved them FIRST CLASS MAIL in our mail boxes. Are you really thinking we are idiotic enough to believe one of these things in e-mail form? LOL. Nope. But anyways, yes, we recieved them in our mailboxes. Thats why we were so concerned. ANd please, anyone out there who also recieved one of these, please respond. I think they may be getting our names from the creditors marketing list, coming after people with less than good credit. At this point, they know these people are in a financial bind and will do anything for help out of the "credit crisis". However, I have good credit, so maybe that isn't the case. However, its something to think about on how they are recieving our information. The girl I contacted at Neo-Tech Publishing said that these are only mail to a small number of people.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I introduced myself above, don't know if you read that.

I see that. If you are a Colonel or not really doesn't matter to me (I mean that in a good way). I am not looking for proof of of your rank. My concern has more to do with people who end up getting an anonymous letter in the mail (not an email...noted
) wanting them to respond. This is similar to many, many scams out there. Interestingly enough...on this thread and this one:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You might note, with a keen eye that many of these members simply showed up to post various "pro" arguements to this Novatech letter, many of them, that being their only post. I find that an interesting coincedence.

Then another new member (you) happen to show up with the position of "just join, just respond, where is the trust these days?" Who cares if it is real seems to be your stance on the subject and well...that position in any situation is one of ignorance, which we here try to deny. In fact, it's our motto.

All in all, Thanks for joining, Thanks for the intro, and I hope you find other areas here that interest you. Secret societies are out there to be sure, but many here would rather know what they are dealing with rather than run on blind faith. Blind faith can lead one into a war over WMDs that don't exist, don't you agree?

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I will introduce myself briefly for now, and later more indepthly. I graduated from Foothill High School, 1988. In 1991, I graduated from San Jose State University with a B.A, Social Science. AT SJSU, I also attended ROTC. In 1990, I became an NCO for a temporary period of time: 6 months in Iraq. After that, it was back to SJSU to finish my Spring and finally summer semester in 1991. At this point in time, I was fully commissioned as a 2Lt. In 2000, I went reserve status, and took a position at United Airlines. At this time, I was ending my ranking as a Major. Over the course of my military career, I have recieved two Masters degrees, one in Sociology and the other in Public Administration[MPA]. A month ago I discontinued my employment with United to take a public teaching position [after I finished credentialing- passing the CBEST and SSAT] at actually the school I graduated from. I will also be teaching a Geography and US History Post-Reconstruction class at the local community college- all while maintaining my property investment business. I am not married, don't plan on it, and raise my 17 year old nephew- the inspiration in my life- who will be a senior this year. I am not an despite my rudeness earlier , undertand that Novatech is probably a hoax, but am simply stressing that secret societies exist. If you would like to chat with me, I am on Yahoo: Pleasanton_CA , and AIM: rlemke2000. I will be away for a few hours after this posting. Feel free to IM me, I love talking to people and learning something new everyday. Take care, and once again I am sorry for the horrid first impression. I am not used to these type of chat rings.

Wow, I'm not impressed, nor do the numbers add up, a "Duece Lite" to Major in nine years? not as a ROTC, maybe as a "Ring Knocker", but you would have to be special (you've previously stated you're not a "specialty"), perhaps this can shed some light on the subject of "Time in Grade" and Time in Service". The chart states 22 years time in service for Full Bird, time distortionist your not (the truth on the other hand...), and there's the matter of your career path.Here's what a real "young" Colonel's resume' looks like. Maybe time to post your Top Gun, Test Pilot, and Space Shuttle Pilot/Commander credentials?

I tried to keep myself from doing this, but after contemplating which of the fine institutions that you have received a degree from (two Masters, no less) would not have placed an emphasis on spelling, I capitulated, see you on the short bus.

[edit on 29/7/2004 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I too took to google and found things:

www.bouldercity.com...

May 11, 2003

Last week every home in Boulder City received a bulk mailing entitled Micro-Terrorists Blight Boulder City, Nevada. This newsletter-styled 4 page political statement was written by Dr. John Flint, a pen name for Boulder City resident Dr. Wallace Ward. Ward and his son own a publishing company that produces controversial material.

Although this bulk mailing, which city officials claim cost up to $4000, reflects negatively on city government and certain Council members, it is not sponsored by or in support of any of those who are currently vying for a seat on the City Council. If that is peculiar, even more so is the city�s response; a press release was called and private information about the author was publicly aired without his participation.

Boulder City Manager John Sullard commented, "Obviously he wants to cause havoc," but it appears the only havoc caused by this particular letter is that of exposing failings within City Hall by an unhappy senior citizen with unusual political views.

(that publishing company is Neotech with the same Fax # as novatech)

And also you might want to look at
neotech FAQ - Ward Wallace ?
@
legalminds.lp.findlaw.com...

Of course neotech is a 'publishing' company but as you can see from the FAQ above, they are not against using pen names. Plus their names - novatech, neotech... and you can see their bulk mail tactics.
FYI Dr. Ward is not a medical doctor, he was an inorganic chemist. Also he has been in trouble with the IRS about taxes. lol.

I'm with the majority of people - they are going to offer you 'secret'
information for $50.
SCAM

(also Novus Tek is with neotech, and messages were sent out by Eric Savage)
www.papersourceonline.com...

And by the way, is this web page anything like the letters you got?
www.neo-warriors.com...
They have a sponsered ad on google when you look up "Novus Tek".
I don't get this though at the bottom of this site:

� Copyright 2003 by Neo-Warriors.com, All Rights Reserved. Neo-Warriors is a trademark of Neo-Warriors.com. By entering your email address you are also requesting and agreeing to be subscribed to our free Neo-Warriors In Action email newsletter and receive occasional updates from Neo-Warriors.com. Novus Tek may be a trademark or tradename of Neo-Tech Publishing Company. We are not affiliated with them.

anyway... it's all a
SCAM
in my mind anyway.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Mirthful Me: [in Church Lady voice] Well isn't that special?

ColRobertLemkeUSAF: Rough starts and resume details notwithstanding, welcome aboard! And welcome to a sociologist's wet dream.

With a background in sociology, I'm sure you can understand the skepticism of the tribe, and I always advise not taking any of this too seriously. The nature of a forum like this encourages skepticism and discourages credulity, as I am sure you can appreciate.

If you are so inclined, I recommend posting a cleaned-up revision of your introductory monologue (spell-checking is for prigs, but I recommend using paragraphs more liberally) to the Introductions Forum. I was late doing that myself, but it is a part of our tribal custom and a worthwhile activity.

Don't worry about folks (myself included) busting your chops, we scrutinize because we love.

Besides, we are ultimately nothing more here than disembodied streams of ASCII data adorned by graphical avatars and enigmatic self-descriptions. Whether a senior officer or a stable cleaner, we all enjoy an inherent atmosphere of equality here, which can be very refreshing.

And, all kidding aside, don't be surprised if you bump into a few flag officers knocking around here. Can you guess which members are pennant-wavers? I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   
dr_s expressed well the comparison that I was going to make. If you never have the opportunity to see a Neo-Tech book, they are interesting and funny, taking on the appearance of a secret unpublished manuscript to highlight the arcane quality of the highly prized knowledge contained. Novatech is new to me. LOL.

Many of these businesses have cult like qualities and can be placed on a continuum from the bizarre small fry "klowning" cult of Kenja Communications to the downright dangerous of Scientology and its ilk.

Cultbusters'R'Us at ATS. Oh, but ATS is a cult for some, I am absent-minded!

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Oh, but ATS is a cult for some, I am absent-minded!

Brother Avatar! You know it is forbidden to speak publicly of The Way.

The Supreme Overlord will be most displeased. I pray for your eternal Q-spirit.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I will therefore indulge in the customary self-flagellation for the next 72 hours, following tomorrow's fasting period.

Shows the sign and leaves, backwards.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Fear not, Beloved Brother, for I have spoken the Prayer for Divine Ignorance of thy transgressions and thrown three ornate and expensive (we're talking $25 a pop at the Pottery Barn, mister!) ceremonial salt shakers over my left shoulder.

Once the Benediction of the Missing Sock has been completed, your Q-spirit will rest safely in the loving arms of Retrospectia, Divine Goddess of Implied Edits.

Go forth, and sin no more.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Totally sounds like a scam to me, personally if I can't Google something that raises a red flag to me. The word "secret(s)" is another red flag, nothing against ATS of course

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Well, thanks Majic for the welcoming to this group. I will try to check back periodically. Despite what I did say about Yahoo Chat rooms, I talk frequently in "Knoledge Life & Aliens" chatrooms; access this by visiting the Yahoo! chatroom list, selecting "Science" rooms, then user list, then the chatroom titled: "Knoledge Life & Aliens." I have been a long time friend with Author and Lt. Robin Holgate, and we have some excellent chats [despite the automated pop-up messages, ads, and boots
]. I've not only dealt with skepticism, but also being "bullied around" my entire life, so no, I didn't take the criticism that seriously! LOL. However, it just annoyed me when the one user stated that I CANNOT be a Colonel at age 33. My father was a Brig. General at 37, after he recieved his PhD. And no, I am not the youngest Colonel, the younger is 32. What brings the figure up so high on the statistics you grabbed online was the factor of reserve members. Most officers go reserve after the typical six year commitment. Also to answer a previous question, my two Masters degrees were recieved from state universities: Sacramento State and San Francisco State University. My doctorate level coursework will hopefully be continued at UC Berkeley hopefully this fall. And my spelling! Obviously I know what spell check is, but I am a down to earth person, and since I know that you know what I mean, I let it be! Why waste the time correcting when you can understand :-p. Lastly, I am not here to outrank anyone. I originally came here to learn more about this Novatech Society "BS?" and am now just trying to get to know you frequent users of ATS. My hobbies that relate to this site are ghost hunting and UFO's; and more specifically the minipulation of time, space, matter, and the correlation of all three. I will check out other posts that interest me, and I'll see what I can contribute
Thanks again all, its almost bed time.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Aloha Peep's
Have they asked you for any money yet? Then give them a fair chance. Just imagine they may know something that could have originated thousands of years ago. And as an American I belive they deserve a fair shot to do what they say. Of course if you have been burned before which it sounds like many of you have been a number of times. Then I can't blam you for sounding so hostile towards something that you can't understand in the first place. WITH THE BLESSING AND POWER OF GOD WE WILL AND CAN PROVAIL THRU LIFE. Just remember that we are the begining of generation X. There may just be something astonishing that could happen. I do not belive in evolution but what if we tapped into our special GIFTS from GOD.

Remember God should receive all credit for all works done by man.

[edit on 29-7-2004 by otionwalker]

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   

my two Masters degrees were recieved from state universities: Sacramento State and San Francisco State University. My doctorate level coursework will hopefully be continued at UC Berkeley hopefully this fall.

Why waste the time correcting when you can understand

Well, given the obvious lack of sophistication in your spelling, punctuation, and paragraph structuring, perhaps you can better understand why the well-educated, older, military folks here would find your claims just a tad hard to swallow (and the second is such an odd comment for someone who is planning on teaching and claims to be a scholar. Accuracy is critical, as is clairty.)

We're a tough crowd, I suppose, but that's what makes this board different than others. We do have the time and ability to check on military service records and verify other information as well. It prevents some of the innocent from being taken by obvious frauds.

And there are so many of them here.

(and nah, this may not be the sociologist's "wet dream" but it sure is the anthropologist's!!!!)

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   

How dare you say I am not a Colonel.

Why daren't he?

I recieved the letter, researched it AFTER I sent in my inviite

Perhaps you should've researched it before you sent in the invite? Seems like it wouldn't have been unreasonable. What were the results of the send in?

This is not a webring. This is a series of discussion forums on various topics. Apparently, its popular enough that the moderators have had problems with advertisers of several sorts, and your initial posting, chastising people for not trusting some organization they hadn't ever heard of and for being wary of responding to unsolicited mailings, they, appropriately in my estimation, speculated that you may infact be part of 'nova/neotech'.

You are simply downgrading ME because I am going agaisnt your cause.

I suspect that the moderator merely doesn't beleive you, and isn't particularly concerned with 'novatech' or 'neotech'. I do not think that they are concerned that you are 'interfering' with any sort of agenda.

You are a military officer? Are you stationed overseas? (please note i am not trying to 'verify' or corroborate anything, simply trying to discuss)

What more do you know about the secret society your grandfather belonged to? You said you didn't know of the name, but do recall anything about it? Perhaps some of the other posters here can help identify it, given some of the information, that would certainly be interesting.

Also, if you will note, the fax number on the solicitation that others has recived is the ordering number at this page:

www.neo-tech.REMOVEcom/order/

(remove the remove, so as to prevent linking thru this page)

and if you delete the 'order' portion too, you get the main site.

Interestingly enough, -this- site makes note of frauds , apparently done in the name of neo/nova tech.

adding day5.html brings one to some more pages with mostly dead links.

adding djourney/introduction.php seems to give the introduction to one of their works, and there are links to several others.

I haven't looked into it too much, but it looks like they are 'get-rich-quickism' and possibly tax protestors. Not entirely sure if that is the sort of organization an officer in the US army should want to be listed as a member of.

[edit on 29-7-2004 by Nygdan]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join