It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Rumor: Osama Bin Laden Captured

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
This story is strictly a rumor at this point. The news is that there is a rumor that Osama Bin Laden has been captured. The rumor appears as a headline, with no link, on Raw Story, a reasonably reputable news aggregator.

 



www.rawstory.com
Rumors fly over Bin Laden's capture... Developing...


Please visit the link provided for the complete story.


If this turns out to be true, of course it will be a huge story. So huge that virtually all coverage of the Democratic National Convention will be replaced by wall-to-wall Osama coverage.

How convenient for George Bush. Excuse me for being a paranoid conspiracy theorist, but I have been convinced for some time that Osama has been on ice for awhile. If the announcement of his capture actually occurs during the Democratic National Convention, my worst suspicions about George Bush will be confirmed.


[edit on 26-7-2004 by Banshee]




posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
We can only but follow at this moment in time.

Odd Reuters didn't say anything.



posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Don, you and I seldom seem to agree on anything. That being said, the timing would be way to coincidental for my taste either. Remeber the bounce Bush got after Saddams capture? This could basically neutralize the bouce Kerry would get from the convention



posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I don't see any postings about it on my trading forums and they usually hear about that type of story early on.



posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
What a Coup! IF this is true the Bush campaign will go down in history as the smartest (albeit most disgusting as well) bunch of political hacks this side of Palestine!

Ace... I garee none of my market sites have it either, which is surprising if it's true, the money guys are ALWAYS a step ahead
...
Wow, this REQUIRES watching...


m...

[edit on 7-26-2004 by Springer]



posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I am usually the first to run this, as I have in the past. I say we wait for any type of confirmation as to the story is real or not before we start assuming. The timing has been discussed in detail on this site in the past, and it would be perfect to disrupt the Democratic Convention. I still hold tight in my belief he was captured in Iran on Jan 16th, but even that is subject to speculation.

Time will tell...



posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by donguillermo
If this turns out to be true, of course it will be a huge story. So huge that virtually all coverage of the Democratic National Convention will be replaced by wall-to-wall Osama coverage.


DG, I didn't think it could ever happen but I AGREE with your assumptions on this potential story. It is WAY to coincidental for this to happen right now and if true, only steers me further away from trusting either party in power now, heck we have two years til the next major elections and this should be enough time for people who seriously want change, to organize and establish a viable alternative to the representatives we have right now. Can we do it?



posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
The CIA knows where he is. I don't think the United States will ever "catch" him in the literal sense, either. He is too related financially to the Bush Family, his history is too "close" with the CIA, and on top of that, he is just the best friend of G. W. Bush, in my opinion.

He will never be caught.

Bin Laden Met with CIA before 9/11



posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Don, you and I seldom seem to agree on anything. That being said, the timing would be way to coincidental for my taste either. Remeber the bounce Bush got after Saddams capture? This could basically neutralize the bouce Kerry would get from the convention


Instead of an actual capture, how about a rumor of a capture? That may be enough to distract, until they bring him out in October.



posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I have always found this interesting. This comes straight from the fbi.gov website. This is bin Laden's wanted profile.

"MURDER OF U.S. NATIONALS OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES; CONSPIRACY TO MURDER U.S. NATIONALS OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES; ATTACK ON A FEDERAL FACILITY RESULTING IN DEATH"

and

"Usama Bin Laden is wanted in connection with the August 7, 1998, bombings of the United States Embassies in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, and Nairobi, Kenya. These attacks killed over 200 people. In addition, Bin Laden is a suspect in other terrorist attacks throughout the world."

Specifically NOT stated is the 9/11 attacks.



posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
DG, I didn't think it could ever happen but I AGREE with your assumptions on this potential story. It is WAY to coincidental for this to happen right now and if true, only steers me further away from trusting either party in power now, heck we have two years til the next major elections and this should be enough time for people who seriously want change, to organize and establish a viable alternative to the representatives we have right now. Can we do it?


JacKatMtn... A man after my own heart. The 2 party systems is the ruin of this country! Ah but that's another thread.

I have heard the same things as Trickmastertrick about UBL's capture in Iran back in January. I think the source if this is credible. And what better time to pull him out of the hat then on John-John's day. Talk about politico wizardry. If this turns out to be true, I'll take my hat off to Karl Rove for the beautiful orchestry of this move.

This would be even better then the threat warning from Ridge the day he announced Edwards as VP.



posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
OK. Raw Story now has an actual story with a link.

www.bluelemur.com...



posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Having read the story, it looks like I got suckered by the original headline with no link. There is no report of breaking rumors about the capture of Osama. There is just a rehash of recent rumors about his capture.

Looks like this is probably a non-story.


df1

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
If Osama is captured anytime between now and the election I will not only vote Kerry/Edwards without batting an eye, I will volunteer to work in the democratic campaign. I will not stand by and watch that republican piece of crap freaking lie and cheat his way to into office.

nuff said.
.



posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
That was my take on it too after reading it. Nice little editorial to grab some attention, and make money off ads.

Nothing to see here... Moving along.



posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by donguillermo
OK. Raw Story now has an actual story with a link.

www.bluelemur.com...


Its a story about the rumours not a story about an actual capture. The information in it sounded very familiar.



posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Note to self: Wait at least 30 minutes before pulling hair out.

Rassin frassin.......pulled at least 1 hundred and only have 5-6 hundred lol.



posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Are people gonna be so stupid that they cheer Bush when suddenly out of nowhere, Osama appears on the eve of the Democratic National Convention! If the nation is that stupid then they deserve the dictatorship they will get.



posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by lockheed
Are people gonna be so stupid that they cheer Bush when suddenly out of nowhere, Osama appears on the eve of the Democratic National Convention! If the nation is that stupid then they deserve the dictatorship they will get.


Yeah, sadly I am afraid most of them will be.



posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by df1
I will not stand by and watch that republican piece of crap freaking lie and cheat his way to into office.


again.



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join