It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So who here actually believes we are ALONE in the universe?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
You are linking believing in alien life with believing in the Biblical Genesis story. That makes no sense at all. Most people, even many Christians, accept the evidence showing the earth is billiions of years old. Most people believe alien life is possible, somewhere. Most people do NOT believe that alien life is coming here.

I'm pretty certain the earth is billions of years old.

I think it's probable that life exists around other stars, with a probability near 1. I think it has always been probable but now with the recent proof of extrasolar planets being common it is much more probable.

I think the evidence that aliens are or were coming here is unconvincing.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by newcovenant

I happen to think there is plenty of proof if you have eyes to see. If you don't then you can't.

Please offer some of this proof I can see with my eyes, as all I see is people asking me to take their word, or take in on faith. That's not proof.

Witness testimony is good enough for a court of law to send someone to jail for life or kill them. It should not be disregarded in this event, not to say there isn't also considerable physical evidence from scenes, archeological evidence in paintings carvings and gliffs as well as overwhelming photographic and film evidence. You are on ATS, the proof is all around you.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Skate

I don't think the world is 4000 yrs old, but maybe a new world was created 4000-5000 yrs ago through a catastrophe. Just thought I would throw it out there. As for aliens in the universe, I find it hard to believe with all that space out there that we are unique. I can't agree we are alone in the universe. We are just the small fish in a very big pond full of life.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

You are linking believing in alien life with believing in the Biblical Genesis story. That makes no sense at all.

Sure it does.

The Bible holds that Man is the finest of God's creations, and that Man is made in God's image. If another race of being were to show up, that was more advanced than Man, then it would certainly put the gospel in a dubious light, and cast serious doubts on the rest of the claims in the book, would it not?

It is certainly linked, to those who would follow that faith, vs. those who pick and choose how much of it to believe.

Personally, I don't think that any of Man's ideas about religion are accurate, but you have to concede that the existence of a race seemingly superior to Man could certainly cast doubt on the claims of many religions.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
This is a CIA fronted website that is set up to de bunk alien, ufo related topics to keep the truth from the people. Were not alone, never have been. I for one do not need this to be confirmed by a currpt government, that lies for the purpose of dis info. Schills run amock on this dis info site

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The observable universe is mind bogglingly big , the entire universe maybe infinite , so no were not alone .
Just our Galaxy alone probably contains hundreds of thousands of inhabited planets , and our own Solar System is probably teaming with other life forms on various planets and Moons .

phishyblankwaters
Exactly! Now of course "alien tech" magically negates that fact. But in reality, we live in a universe governed by the laws of physics.

And our limited knowledge of the laws of physics is a limitation to understanding of how interstellar travel is achieved .

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by LaTouffe
reply to post by Skate

Universe is big, and so big than there big quantity of chances that we are not alone in the universe. We have to stop to focus on our existence, centralise the humanity.
I think people doesn't want to admit that we are not alone because they don't want to know a "race" more advanced than our.

I know the universe is big, and I know we are NOT alone. There is physically no way we are the only life in the universe. There's got to be some planets with life not as advanced then us, and planets with life that is way more advanced than us, therefore giving them the opportunity to fly all the way to our planet and pay us a visit to possibly help us or just study us.

We Are NOT Alone.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

You are linking believing in alien life with believing in the Biblical Genesis story. That makes no sense at all.

Sure it does.

The Bible holds that Man is the finest of God's creations, and that Man is made in God's image. If another race of being were to show up, that was more advanced than Man, then it would certainly put the gospel in a dubious light, and cast serious doubts on the rest of the claims in the book, would it not?

It is certainly linked, to those who would follow that faith, vs. those who pick and choose how much of it to believe.

Personally, I don't think that any of Man's ideas about religion are accurate, but you have to concede that the existence of a race seemingly superior to Man could certainly cast doubt on the claims of many religions.

Religion is all just a fat HOAX perpetrated on mankind to brainwash the mass into making them easily be against the truth that ETs do exist.

I know the day will happen, but when it does and ETs make contact with the general public, all you religion nuts are gonna cry, pee your pants, or faint. I hope y'all comatose too for believing in such a stupid book "written by God", or men "possessed" by God.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by wasco2

I think the evidence that aliens are or were coming here is unconvincing.

How is it so unconvincing? There are SO MANY unsolved UFO cases that no one can debunk and almost HUNDREDS of Air Force/Military officials (Retired or not) coming forth and disclosing the truth to us when they are being sworn in under oath.

You think that ALL of them are lying?
I hate to say it but it sounds like you're very stuck up when it comes to many confessions proving that most UFOs are of ET origin.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vandettas
reply to post by Skate

So your saying anybody who doesn't believe that there is other life in the Universe is a religious nut? You said your not trying to call anybody names, but you obviously just did. Try wording your sentences a little better next time. Also, these "religious nuts" could say the same about us "scientific nuts", who every time see a ballon in the sky, have to yell UFO!

Who everytime here about a comet passing by earth by a million miles, say that its a UFO invasion. By the way, I do think their is life in the Universe.

Yeahh........But science COMPLETELY rules over Religion. Therefore I can call people religious nuts. DID I DIRECTLY CALL SOMEBODY A RELIGIOUS NUT?.....No.......So until then, stop trying to be a smarta** with me.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by johngtr
straight up simple answer, yes i believe in ufos and aliens.

p.s, op you never accepted my XBL request lol

Accepted

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by gdaub23
reply to post by Skate

youve seen "PAUL" recently havent you? and you probably wont find many on this site that dont believe in ALIENS or interdimensional beings...thats probably the main reason why most joined this site to begin with

I actually got the whole 4,000 year old/religious nut part from Paul

There are really people like that in the world. One of the security guards at my college dorm is a religious nut and he thinks that we are alone in the universe COMPLETELY. He tried to tell me that we were made in God's image and that the Cosmos were created for absolutely NO reason.

What a joke!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skate
Hello y'all, Skate again with a question. I've seen many around here who believe in ETs, just like me, and then those who don't believe we've ever been visited in the past, and/or now. That leads me to wonder, who on ATS actually believes all that, what I call NONSENSE, that the world is only 4,000 years old and that we are actually alone in this whole universe. You'd have to be a religious nut to believe that really. I'm not trying to call anybody names.

Surely you don't believe these ideas are mutually exclusive. What, precisely, does believing the world is 4,000 years old have to do with us being alone in the universe and never having been visited? You're setting up an argument that is facile at best. Whether or not it is true or not, the following is logical:

1. Do you believe we are alone in the universe? No.
2. Do you believe we have been visited by ET? No.
3. Do you believe the Earth is 4,000 years old? No.

None of these questions proves or disproves the others. They are entirely separate issues. To tie them together is what is nonsense here. It's a non sequitur. One does not follow from the other. It's an absurd juxtaposition.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeraVerto
I would like to see humans in ET's shoes.

That got me thinking: I would really like to see ETs in human shoes. That would be so hilarious. Oh, wait, no! It would be like in the movie ET: The Extraterrestrial! Yeah! We could dress 'em up like little girls playing grown-up and then they wouldn't be so scary....

But anyway: Whether you believe one or the other, it's pretty much still based on faith at this point....

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
No we are not alone and "they" are all around us. All you need is to look at all the carvings in caves or the pictures in many books. Our moon at least was or is still a alien base. Some years ago i found a video on YT were they had some NASA pics without the stupid blurring and smudges. The video was only online for a short period of time though i thought it was the real deal. You could clearly see some artificial structures that are scattered all over the moon. I believe we went to the moon made contact and they told us to leave or else....

I´m tired to state the obvious in every damn thread. They were here since the beginning of time and they never left. And @ the sceptics don´t bs me im tired to hear your redicilous excuses. They exist get over it ffs.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Hello y'all, Skate again with a question. I've seen many around here who believe in ETs, just like me, and then those who don't believe we've ever been visited in the past, and/or now. That leads me to wonder, who on ATS actually believes all that, what I call NONSENSE, that the world is only 4,000 years old and that we are actually alone in this whole universe. You'd have to be a religious nut to believe that really. I'm not trying to call anybody names.

Surely you don't believe these ideas are mutually exclusive. What, precisely, does believing the world is 4,000 years old have to do with us being alone in the universe and never having been visited? You're setting up an argument that is facile at best. Whether or not it is true or not, the following is logical:

1. Do you believe we are alone in the universe? No.
2. Do you believe we have been visited by ET? No.
3. Do you believe the Earth is 4,000 years old? No.

None of these questions proves or disproves the others. They are entirely separate issues. To tie them together is what is nonsense here. It's a non sequitur. One does not follow from the other. It's an absurd juxtaposition.

Did you not see that I said I BELIEVE in Extraterrestrials? You're making it sound like I didn't say anything like that. Wtf?

Ask yourself this question: What, precisely, does believing the world is 4,000 years old NOT have to do with us being alone in the universe and never having been visited?

It doesn't matter what the answer is. I'm just saying. There's people who believe that our world really is so young and that we are the only people in the universe. It completely works with each other and I don't know how you're getting confused, if you even are. You're confusing me.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
We do not know what the statistical odds of abiogenesis occurring are, or even in fact if abiogenesis is how life on spaceship earth came to be. We BELIEVE that life arose through abiogenesis and if so what are the odds?

If the odds of abiogenesis are high then the likelihood of life existing elsewhere is high.
If the odds of abiogenesis are low than the likelihood of life existing elsewhere is low.

Not enough data to make a determination. Sure we have the knowledge that the building blocks of EARTH life are everywhere in the universe but what if our life is the only way that life can form? What if abiogenesis can only occur in a very special specific way?

Understand that our best evidence indicates that it took evolution over 1/3 the estimated age of the universe to make humans as they are in their present state. That is a long long time for sentient life to evolve. We are LUCKY that we have not faced an extinction level event in the last ten thousand years or so since civilization has sprung up.

Have I heard compelling eyewitness testimony from men who have everything to lose and nothing to gain claiming to have witnesses metallic like objects disobeying all known laws of lift, drag and friction and performing maneuvers that are beyond the public's knowledge of propulsion and maneuverability? Yes.

Until the powers that be tell us what they are then I will just be over here in my little corner rocking back in forth drinking the coolaid they give me only seeing what they allow me to see and knowing what they deem me worthy of knowing.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I love the way some people are taking ancient alien theory as fact, despite it being based on pure speculation. Interesting speculation but speculation non the less. On this thread alone ive heard multiple mentions of cave paintings of so called aliens. Well let me put forward another theory. Back in those times what we now call superstition was rife. Elders and shamons were trying to come up with answers to everything, usualy by using mind altering substances and plants etc. After looking in to the effects of D.M.T which the majority of these substances seems to contain. Its not hard to find where they might have got these images from. People in our time claim to interact with greys while under the influence. My next point is, if an ancient civilisation saw a spce ship coming down to earth. Then why could'nt they depict that exact spaceship. They seem to get it spot on when it comes to the beings themselves yet when it comes to the craft they get all vague and esoteric on us with chariots of fire. Give them some credit. The fact that they did'nt have a word for it does'nt wash with me. It does'nt stop them from drawing what they saw in the sand.

Now to answer the OP. I dont know whether we've been visited by aliens in the past. Ive only been alive for 26 years but the evidence would say no.

Do i believe theres other life in the universe. Given how old the universe is, and how many planets and galaxys there are. I find it very hard to believe that we are the only life that has evolved. On the other hand we still havent found proof so untill that day i have to sit on the fence and go with my gut.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Did you not see that I said I BELIEVE in Extraterrestrials? You're making it sound like I didn't say anything like that. Wtf?

How is your belief relevant to the question?

Ask yourself this question: What, precisely, does believing the world is 4,000 years old NOT have to do with us being alone in the universe and never having been visited?

Umm, OK. Nothing? They are not even related.

It doesn't matter what the answer is. I'm just saying. There's people who believe that our world really is so young and that we are the only people in the universe. It completely works with each other and I don't know how you're getting confused, if you even are. You're confusing me.

The two issues are separate. One does not follow from the other. You could just as well have 'young ET' along with a 'young Earth.' Someone could easily believe the Earth is young AND we're not alone. You are attempting to correlate two issues that have little to do with each other.

You and I both believe the Earth is a lot older than '4,000 years,' though what you really meant to say was 6,000 years because the fundamentalist date is 4,004 BC (October 23rd, 10:00 am), which is 6,015 years ago. Not to be pedantic; we all knew what you meant.

You and I also believe that we are not alone in the universe. We can't exactly prove that, but that's an operating principle we both accept. We get closer and closer to proof of that every year. We have some enticing data from Mars. We now know planets are common and we've found some rocky ones. Statistically speaking it's just a matter of time before we find one or many "in the zone."

That does NOT prove ETs are visiting or have visited us. That's the argument you hear from time to time on here. Someone says there is no proof that ETs have visited us. The counter argument is "Surely you don't believe we're alone in the universe!" The two issues are un-related. One does not follow from the other.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by KrypticCriminal

We have proof but you and all sceptics or debunkers just don´t want to admit it. Goddamn i hate sceptics who can´t acknowledge eyewitnesses reports from people who went to space like Mitchell and Gagarin,photographs with smudges and blurs who clearly hide artificial structures or the simple fact that something big is going to happen soon as proof that we are not alone on this planet or in the universe. It pisses me off.

All they talk about is give us some proof but if you do they will just ignore it. That´s plain stupid. Just ask NASA why they felt the need to blur out entire landscapes or craters on the moon? There were never a reason to do that in the first place and there is still none. Tell me one good reason. Why?

They lie to our faces every goddamn day but we still do nothing about it. Maybe it´s time to force them to reveal the truth about aliens,UFOs and other beings. Perhaps this is what "they" want from us. Bring down the governments and make the world a better place. I´m sick of hearing sceptics talking bs all day long or debunkers who discredited honest people for 15 minutes of fame. Some debunkers and sceptics are a freakin joke and a disgrace to mankind.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join