It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Long Valley Supervolcano Activating? Swarm Just started

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
If you are only watching the USGS reports, you are not getting the full picture.

i've been watching the EQs for about a month now but only keeping up with them...not actually really trying to understand them. just seeing all the dots makes it easy to connect them!!! the pot just started boiling...

Same thing here. I'm in Southern Cali & this has really drawn
my attention. I'm getting concerned if this is, as TA said, "some minor magma movement",
or is this a harbinger of something much worse. Is there any speculation of what it could be?
If anyone knows the geology of the region, that is.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Can someone explain to me WTF us happening

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSmokeydogg7
Can someone explain to me WTF us happening

Yes, Mother Earth is waking up from her winter slumber and reminding us that living on this planet is a privilege that can be revoked any time she decides.

edit on 15-4-2011 by buskey because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
ok, phew, she's finally taking a breather. The intensity and frequency has finally subsided from what I am seeing in GEE. I have made an attempt at contacting some people for professional opinion, and will post if there is response.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by tortfeasor1

wow, how did you find that page with the picture image of the caldera?
I did not even know the caldera existed.
Sometimes you look but it almost impossible to find the simple info that you like.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Jeez, TA. I am so glad you are on this! I literally sleep better at night knowing you and the other watchers (you all know who you are!) are monitoring these sleeping giants. THANK YOU!!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Sorry to be a pain but can you say what stations/network you are looking at and the way to set it up in GEE?
Please

edit on 15-4-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

TA, things have been so crazy that I don't even think the "experts" know anymore lol

You're probably well ahead of them in the curve of things at this point!

Anyhow, just wanted to say thanks for bringing the subject up. I've been keeping a DANG close eye on this activity and the activity going on in Puerto Rico. There's some reallybig warning signs going off all over the place and not many are paying attention.

It all really reminds me of Dante's Peak, when no one wuld listen to the geologist trying to give the signs lol... they all learned better later, didn't they?

Yeah. Same same.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
The magnitude went down for a hot second (literally0 and is slowly creeping back up

then

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Ok.....

4.1 Alaska

on USGS

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

I'm not sure what you have but I've got Earthquake Alert and the Alerter on my phone for Droid it's pretty good but TA has listed many monitoring links in various threads that I have set in my phone and I can look at.

I use iris, various monitoring stations, usgs. In his yellowstone thread he listed good source material, you could start there.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

When you show information, could you please show "Source"?
Please give link to information. It helps if we all don't have to run to USGS, to confirm.
edit on 15-4-2011 by crappiekat because: to add

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
4.1 SOUTHERN ALASKA61.58°N -152.18°W 120Km Deep 2011-04-15 23:03:36 UTC2011-04-15 14:03:36 LOCAL AK10211865

USGS

earthquake.usgs.gov...

edit on 15-4-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-4-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Here's a nice little summary as of last night.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Quakes occurring that fast in swarmlike fashion in this location may be highly indicative of magma on the move.

Nah just the Navy submarine base at Hawthorne digging some tunnels

on the flip side...

I watch Iris fairly regularly... its a great quick visual of the world's quakes, but today it lit up like a Christmas tree

www.iris.edu...
edit on 15-4-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Man why are you starting a new fear-mongering earthquake thread. This place is always active. I swear some of you won't rest until you convince as many people as you can how the end of the world is coming.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Good find

Question: does the Ring of Fire always appear this busy?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
This swarm is outside of the caldera and well away from the geothermal area.

This swarm is in the White Mountains about 30 KM east of the eastern edge of the caldera.

I have spent a lot of time in the area over the years soaking in the hot springs of the caldera.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
reply to post by zorgon

Good find

Yes if not more it's just that the majority of activity happens in non populated areas so doesn't garner as much attention.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

It's always busy, yeah but today is VERY busy and the last few weeks have seen quakes popping up in odd places that haven't seen quakes in decades... and as noted here many are on UNKNOWN faults... that is odd enough

Also with Sumatra China Chile and Japan we have seen a lot of large 8.0 plus quakes in a relatively short time span. Since Japan moved 8 meters east and the plate beneath it slipped from 24 to 30 meters west in under 3 minutes and since Japan and Chile's quakes moved the entire planed a few inches, it only follows with that much movement at one spot, something has to give on the other side
edit on 15-4-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join