It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Long Valley Supervolcano Activating? Swarm Just started

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
can you maybe tell me how i can read those charts. Thanks

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

edit on 4/16/1111 by coloradokat because: (no reason given)

Trying to get down the way these posts work. Sorry I keep changing it.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Well, if you mean NORAD that is not in Denver it is in Colorado Springs an hour south of Denver, but close enough.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by coloradokat

I saw someone in an earlier post said something about predicting that Puerto Rico would have a considerable one within two days, well they had a 4.0 just now in Isabela, PR.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Hi, I am new here and this would qualify as my first post response. A very interesting topic indeed with many knowledgeable replies. I am not an expert (or Novice) in geology or seismology, however I find it thought provoking and intriguing. Thanks to the contributors.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I think it was TrueAmerican that said it.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kissitgoodbye

First may I apologise for seemingly biting your head off, and welcome you to ATS. I am not as bad as I am made out - but I expect 'they' will disagree with that. You may rest assured you did not in any way offend me and please don't think of me as an expert. There are others who are experts, who have degrees in Geology, but we won't go down that route.......you will understand if you have read the earlier pages.

altho I do have some background in geology, physics and an avid interest in what is happening with the supervolcanoes.

Excellent, that is just what we need as we all seek together to suss out the territory so to speak. If you look at my signature you will find links to QuakeWatch, Volcano Watch and others and to my wordpress site where you can find links to many many things to do with earthquakes and volcanoes.

Yeah, I have a grim view of what is coming. While I cannot link chapter and verse to all the info I have read from university research papers over the past few years, and concerned geophysicists, in the field, it does not mean that the info does not exist, or that it is not true. I guess time will tell. I have read from some exmilitary and civilian contractors that the US has had the ability to create earthquakes since the 1960's. I don't know, but when I look at the latitude of the quakes around Japan, the time that they occurr, and the direct line to the US that coincides with Yellowstone and Long Valley I have my concerns. Especially when the quakes here come not long after the ones generated over there. Just my opinion. Let's all hope I'm wrong!! God Bless

And God bless you too. I have been kicking around for some time on this ball of mud, since the days when Tectonics was some new-fangled idea that was not accepted. I have seen much, learnt a lot and been wrong many times, and probably will be again (did I say that? - no
). Before we had the internet we read stuff in newspapers and got books from libraries and information was not instant, and the almost immediate stuff was delivered on just 2 channels in BBC English. Now any Tom, Dick, Harry or Puterman can set up a blog and spout complete rubbish, and many will believe it. Sometimes it is very hard to filter out the truth from the excrement but personally I do not believe, for many reasons, that the US Gubbermint can create earthquakes by using HAARP or any other means.

I am curious about your latitude line theory. Do you have any further info on this?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by gangstarr

If it is the seismograms you are referring to you can get some ideas from the links on this page.

There are some examples worked through and some easy tests so you can check your understanding.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

This may not be exactly on this topic, but I just want to say that I am very happy to have found a place that has controversial theories and people that are not "afraid" to say them, but at the same time presents facts and figures to back up at least most of what is being said. Thank you!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
By the way this was an eight second slice that was clear of any other elements. Now before anyone goes OMG 4Hz that is HT frequency, yes it is BUT with HT you get clear harmonics that are much stronger than this ghosting. I believe this to be an anthropogenic source but i don't know what it is as I have not seen this specific signal before.

Then perhaps just to be sure you might want to pull and analyze some segments before and after that time slice to see if that horizontal at 4 Hz and the lighter harmonic banding are still there. Because if it is present consistently through all time slices, then it is most likely equipment issues or noise on the carrier. Now if it ISN'T there, and just started up during that time slice, then umm, Houston, we got a problem.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Not to derail your thread, but are you aware that social engineers purposefully establish "leaders" in groups, in order to better manipulate said groups?

sofi if you knew how much I detest 'team' anything you would not apply that to me.

Job ads that say 'team player' are to be avoided at all costs. Team yadda yadda yadda achieves little and suppresses free thought and speech - on that point we can agree.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
reply to post by soficrow

Interesting post sofi. ...

I have stated repeatedly: show me the money on HAARP.

As I have stated repeatedly: I'm interested HAARP's low frequency measurements; I suspect that the low frequencies that precede and follow solar storms interact with low frequencies associated with earthquakes to create a resonance and establish a feedback loop.

I'm interested in HAARP's low frequency measurements to investigate the feedback loop hypothesis - as I also have stated repeatedly.

In addition, I suspect the program also may identify or help identify the frequencies' sources - thinking interstellar and galactic here, as well as solar, and impacts of human industrial activity like seismic testing, drilling etc - also stated repeatedly.

As far as conspiracies go, the main potential I see is that HAARP's measurements may prove that human industrial activities initiate a frequency trigger that interacts with other stellar, galactic, solar and geophysical factors under certain circumstances to create seismic activity and induce earthquakes - also stated repeatedly.

THAT is the knowledge I say may be being suppressed - also stated repeatedly.

Yet although I have NEVER suggested "there WAS a way to convert RF into the energy necessary to resonate a fault structure," my legitimate, fact-based questions and speculations are repeatedly dismissed and obscured by unfounded allegations that that's my contention. ...So I have to wonder why.

if you somehow want to turn that into PM and crew suppressing free speech, hey, that's on you. I can promise you that neither he nor I nor the biggest baddest legend of all, zorgon, would EVER want such a thing for this site.

It's not about "Free Speech" - it's about "Cognitive Liberty" !!!

And it IS a fact that "leaders" are used to manipulate group members' thinking, whether such "leaders" act intentionally or not to suppress others' Cognitive Liberty.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

The one in Puerto Rico was raised to a 4.6.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Please see above.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Watts

So, you know for 100% fact that this is not the case? I responded to true american because no one else on the thread were talking about the op, the were bickering about everything but....I had an idea and posted it. While i know it is far fetched, and unlikely, it is still a remote possibility.

Thanks for your concern...

And what were your theories, as you did not contribute to the thread at all

And, if lava tubes were dormant, you could block one, and using underground tunneling equipment, could create a "new" lava tube...therefore redirecting it.
edit on 16-4-2011 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

In addition to my post above,
the following 2 threads dovetail, help explain the foundations of my thinking and provide a bit of relevant context and background.

Ancient Interstellar Collision: May Help Explain Climate Change

Extreme weather is moving tectonic plates, scientists claim.

edit on 16/4/11 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I am sure you have this link TA, but here it is again for those who have not heard HT before. (I am guessing that is why you asked!)

Mout Erebus Tremor Studies

Most of these are 100x speed which is more than I usually take them to as i find 40x sufficient for an audio identification.

This page is not accessible other than by link(yet) as I am working on it but it repeats the Erebus link and has links to my own sound files. You can find some Mt St Helens HT files there as well.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

That goes right the way through the whole 2 hour slice and does not vary change pitch or anything at all.

I can pull the whole day if you want but I tried earlier on and got a bad file.

Edit: I have managed to get from 02:00 to 22:00 and that signal and it's 'ghost' harmonics are present all day long.

edit on 16/4/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Hey PM,
Thanks for the welcome. I don't mind getting my head bit off occasionally! lol! I actually got the latitude theory when the Japan quake hit and I was looking at the Yellowstone seismic data for that time frame and during the initial big aftershocks. They were the most impressive seismographs I have seen. The data has been altered from the original seismic data that was up that day. The charts were recording harmonic tremor for areas within the cauldera and a lot of breakage . Charts were solid red, green blue and black the entire day. No surprise it's gone now, wish I had printed it out. I showed it to someone else at that time and they said that the design would be great on a t shirt! Anyway, another source on this thread actually mentioned the relationship between the latitude of the Japan quakes and Long Valley too.
If you check out the world earthquake map on USGS and see where the Japan quakes are located then look to California, it's pretty direct. Seems quakes over there vary a little up or down some affecting Yellowstone, some Long Valley. Also, on USGS home page earthquake map for the USA, look at how the earthquakes are lining up between the Long Valley area and curving up toward Yellowstone thru Nevada and Utah toward Wyoming. Also, if you look at the depth of the earthquakes in Japan, they vary with the magma chamber depths for Long Valley and Yellowstone. When the 9.0 hit Japan it was 6 miles down, the depth of the magma chamber for Yellowstone. Don't remember if it was Bob Smith, or Bob Christensen, but one of them mentioned that the top of the magma chamber was 6 miles down at that time and that if it was compromised to 3 miles down, it would be of serious concern. I don't know what the depth is now of the YV magma chamber, but that 9.0 did some serious breakage toward the surface. Your thoughts? Have a good one!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Rofl, God I feel like such an idiot sometimes. I totally forgot about that, and it is sitting right on our own forum at doomheaven.
That's the one I found to debunk what's his name claiming there was HT at YSB.

I'm getting old and senile I guess. And Japan has consumed so much of my time and energy.....oh heck, stop making excuses TA, you're an idiot! *smacks meself.*

Ok that's it, I need a break.

Thanks PM, if it was there for two hours case closed on that signal. Good enough for me, and am totally satisfied that is not HT.
edit on Sat Apr 16th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join