It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time for The "Mushrooms" to Wake up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
There are many people out there who use the term "sheeple" as a discription of those who seem to be asleep and not responsive to the events which are going on around them.

Starting now it is time to change the discriptive term just a bit so as to reflect a more accurate state of being for a large portion of our population.

Maybe the term "Mushroom" would help to illustrate how and why so many among us have chosen to ignore some things which others have so easily seen. I use this term because they have seemingly accepted the position of being kept in the dark and fed horse s**t for so long.

There has for some time been, what would appear to be, a conserted effort from the MSM to continually orchastrate every aspect of the information which we recieve in order to protect and further the agendas of the few very powerful individuals or groups of individuals. In some instances this has not only been to the detriment and risk of others but has no doubt cost this country dearly in terms of lives and treasure.

The link below is to a site which explores many of the "myths" which we are being fed. A video at about the middle of this web page, entitled "An Explanation, A Solution & A Challenge!", could prove to be very informative to those who are inclined to believe whatever the MSM is willing to throw out at them on any given day.

tvnewslies.org...

I am not trying to imply that this person, Jesse Richard, is being the shining light of all that is right and true. He offers no real details here, but does offer to go into more detail upon request.

There are also other video presentations available for viewing and I always encourage everyone to broaden their basis of information at every opportunity. You may actually learn something you only thought you knew.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by hdutton

I use this term because they have seemingly accepted the position of being kept in the dark and fed horse s**t for so long.
SOLD.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Mushrooms are a hell of a drug.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I used to have a job where when anyone from outside would ask us a question that required any kind of knowledge or thought we would just respond with "hell if I know we are just a bunch of mushrooms around here". Most of the time they would look puzzled for a second before asking what that meant. When given the response "We don't know anything around here cause they keep us in the dark and feed us sh*t all the time" it would generally get a good chuckle out of those that got it.

edit on 4/15/2011 by SpaDe_ because: cause

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I love the mushroom analogy but this is'nt the first time ive heard it. Its not as catchy as sheeple so i doubt it will catch on though.

As for the link. Yet another person coming forward telling me i cant trust what i see on T.V . hardly a revelation! I dont think i'll be contacting him , for him to expand on what he,s disgussed because its nothing that has'nt been said before. I bet he gets his information from a site he uses and then just puts it in his own words. In other words he's just trying to cash in. Dont take him serious. Just look at all the "mainstream" adverts he's got on his website and thats all you need to know.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
The term Sheeple is used to describe those humans that are easily led. Not that they are un-informed.

Take the Police Officer as an example, they are a perfect example of Sheeple. A current example of the Sheeple mind set in the Police Officer is the Detroit SAT team removing the 13 year old girl from her home. They DO without thinking what they do, just because their Superior orders them to do. If you spoke to these officers on a one to one basis they would most likely be apposed to a Nazi America, but by their own actions it is what they create.

Another example of Sheeple is the everyday citizen who would submit to body scanning and or fondling and or drug testing at the airport. Sure in the US today the TSA has a strong grasp on travel, but You are not required to fly. If all of the flying public said NO and stopped flying for just two days the screams from the Corporations would be so loud that they would be heard in Washington, the TSA would stop the next day.

Many other examples of Sheeple, but you get the point.

Sheeple are those who “Go along to get along”
Mushrooms are those who don’t even have a clue.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by brokedown

Well said. Sheeple are always going to be around too, no matter what the TV tells them as far as the real truth. There's a set mentality among many of them that only allows them to see what they want to see and nothing more, like a mental firewall that stops any further awakening or awareness levels.
Go along to get along so as to not be inconvenienced, and that laziness will in turn bring them more inconvenience than they could ever have imagined.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by KrypticCriminal

You can't imagine how glad I am that you pointed out the part about the "mainsteam ads" on this site.

Both of them are deplorable. I mean who shops at Autozone anyway. And that other; was that a phone? Who would need one of those?

Oh, I did see four, or 4 for you, of his own. Which is probably where he makes all his "big bucks"!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by hdutton

Sarcasm, i likes it.

It does'nt change the fact that he's another fake messiah, spewing the same sh*t he heard from another fake messiah. Sometimes the truth hurts. If you like what he has to say then by all means fill your boots. You'll just end up back at square one wondering where you've been for past six months.

Keep clicking on his site and pretty soon he'll have the web traffic stats to attract some real big names. Thats the point i was making.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I think that's kind of offensive to the Fungi family. Fungi are some of the most intelligent forms of life on the planet, especially when you look at the mycelium networks that are everywhere and how they really have a big impact on the diversity and function of the ecosystem. The term "Mushroom" or any other term referencing a Fungi would much better suit an elite group on the planet which has the real power and influence over the rest, whether such a group exists or not.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SinkingSun

Upon reading your post, I must admit to what may well be an errant comparison on my part.

I am afraid I may have been leaving the wrong impression as to the parasitic nature of the wrong group.

Let me say to any of those mushrooms out there that may feel offended by my comments, that this was not my intention and I do humbly appoligize.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by hdutton

i do see what you are trying say, i try my best to inform people whats going on in this world and it seems that they either dont want to know or its too complicated for them to comprehend. me now knowing what i know wishes that i was back as a 'sheep' or a 'mushroom' because the truth hurts so much and its frightening as to what we all know is happening. most people i try to inform call me a paranoid idiot who should be concentrating on my life and to forget about this website and all the crazy ideas thats being portrayed, i cant help but wonder what it would be like to be back asleep again but i know that wont happen. i wonder if anyone on here feels the same or gets the same treatment from their friends and family.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by gazzachel

I do.

24/7

But you are doing the right thing. At least I feel this way about myself. Better to live in the truth, then embracing an illusion reality.
edit on 15-4-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by gazzachel
reply to post by hdutton

i do see what you are trying say, i try my best to inform people whats going on in this world and it seems that they either dont want to know or its too complicated for them to comprehend. me now knowing what i know wishes that i was back as a 'sheep' or a 'mushroom' because the truth hurts so much and its frightening as to what we all know is happening. most people i try to inform call me a paranoid idiot who should be concentrating on my life and to forget about this website and all the crazy ideas thats being portrayed, i cant help but wonder what it would be like to be back asleep again but i know that wont happen. i wonder if anyone on here feels the same or gets the same treatment from their friends and family.

Of course we do. Thats why we learn to keep it in our heads and only share it with a willing audience. Thats why "they" keep doing what there doing and we get labbeled as crackpots. The deception is to deep seeded for some people to even consider changing there minds but you should'nt judge or try to change them. Those who are awakened should only seek to teach those who want to be taught. Otherwise it comes across as preaching.

The only thing we can do is wait for the accepted sytem to colapse and when people come looking for answers, show them the way. Untill then you and me are crazy so just get used to it.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by KrypticCriminal

thanks for the advice guys and i will keep all that in mind.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by gazzachel

I don't know if you believe in evolution or not, and it really does not matter.

I only bring it up because it was the fear which our ancesters recognised which kept them alive. We are all products of paranoia to a certain degree.

It is sad to think of those who would simply set back and allow themselves to be used in any manner others might choose.

I am fairly certain if some of the events of the not too distant past had been treated as the criminal acts which they were rather than "acts of war", we would all be sleeping a little better tonight.

top topics

join