It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Syria's uprising move into Saudia Arabia?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
If Syria goes crazy will Saudia Arabia be next? and if so what will gas prices go to?

Protests across Syria have steadily increased, with tens of thousands calling for sweeping political reforms to President Bashar Assad's authoritarian regime. More than 200 people have been killed during the government crackdown on protesters, according to Syria's main pro-democracy group.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
They have tried to start an uprising in Saudi Arabia but it hasn't gathered as much heat as other Countries ...

Lets see what happens ... When the Prince or whoever it is in Saudi, found out there could be an uprising in his Country, he offered loads of money to his civilians and fixed roads and increased wages ...

I'll see if I can find the link to that news piece ...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Here you go, the link about the King sweetening the deal:

King Abdullah

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Pastor Lindsey Williams says it will... He's been pretty on the money with his intel.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
If it does happen then blimey the Oil prices will go through the roof

It's already £1.32 a litre in UK

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
One of the key differences between a legal-rational democratic government and an authoritarian regime is it's ability to inact physical force and terror overtly upon its populace. These actions where the threat and use of physical force can be carried out by these regimes overtly but they still must be discriminant enough to avoid outrage in the international community. Unlike Syria however Saudi Arabia has support from Western "democratic" governments whose best interests would be to keep this repression out of the international community's eyes. What I am saying is that Saudi Arabia is in a difinitive position, where it would be able to overtly and covertly carry out repression against dissidents with minimum reprecussion from the international community. Therefor I believe that they could repress the opposition forces to such a manner where the same political turmoil you see in Syria currently would not be evident. Western backed dictators have done it in Chile, Argentina, Uruguay, Brazil and one could say now Bahrain. I doubt you would see Saudi Arabia fall into a crisis like Egypt, Libya or Syria.
However if the opposition forces were to be extremely large like Egypt(which they are not) the ability for Saudi Arabia to publicily repress peoples would be impossible without backlash from the international community.
edit on 15-4-2011 by SpeachM1litant because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join