It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is rap "music" dumbing kids down?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthwormJim

Are you a troll?

Just wondering.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Plenty of white bands/artists do the same thing.

Yet, no one blames them when kids turn out like idiots.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
Rap music is doing worse than that.

Not only is it dumbing kids down, but it is making it ok to treat women like crap, to shoot people, to drop out of school and to disrespect everyone in general.

And it is supporting racism.

this has to be one of the stupidest beliefs in existence right now.

kids are stupid because society says its ok for them to be stupid. plain and simple.

its ok, youre a minority
its ok, you come from a broken home
its ok, you have adhd
its ok, youre a pretty girl
its ok, you can dribble that ball and shoot well
its ok, you can make touchdowns
its ok, you kids can pretend this is study hall and clown around, ill still be getting paid, who need this algebra anyways right?
I dont have time to talk to my kids, american idol is on
i dont have time for my kids, I have to chase after stuff i dont need, to impress people who dont give a damn about me. to hell with my family.

and so on and so forth.
the main reason your kids are stupid is because the government knows that once youre dead your kids are defenseless consumers with no original thoughts in their heads because theyve been programmed to obey since birth and there were no parents there to counteract that programming.
stop blaming "black people" and "rap music" youre the adult, they are the children.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
forum oops'ed on me
edit on 15-4-2011 by Question Fate because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
To make a long story short NO!

edit on 15-4-2011 by SamSeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by gazzachel
reply to post by Skate

do you know why they call it 'THE AMERICAN DREAM'? its because you have to be asleep to believe it. dont be decieved my friend.

That is such BULLSH** you claim right there. I know people who''ve started from nothing and became what they wanted. MY FATHER. He chased his dream, and he got there...

So F*CK you, that is so rude to say.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Rap music dumbs down the people who listen to it just like anything else mainstream does, whether it's Justin Beiber or the news. Others have said before, and I'll say it again, if you want to hear good music, if you want to hear good ANYthing, you have to dig for it. Some of the best music I have you have never heard on the radio. John Hiatt is the best example I can think of. "Google" him on You Tube and you can thank me later.

youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SamSeed
To make a long story short NO!

edit on 15-4-2011 by SamSeed because: (no reason given)

By far their best album!

Clones is my fave track

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
mainstream rap is garbage don't listen to it.
Listen to the sounds of the underground.

Canibus,listen to this song, he is talking about things people on ATS talk about. great song.

edit on 15-4-2011 by officeresti because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

AH! cannot forget Aesop rock!
Raps about life, fixing the world... same with flobots. But he's a hayter cause hes " white"... thats why no one likes him...
People need to Get over rascism.

that is so 50 years ago yo....

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Kid Cudi is an artist everyone should listen too
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
To each his own, but I've always thought rap was a waste. You don't see many doctors, scientists, or other brilliant minds talking about watching oversized rear ends flopping in the wind, or how many 40's they downed the night before. IMHO

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Regardless of genre, the music industry is looking to sell records. Rap is selling right now. The songs are simple to make, easy to produce, and sell like crazy. Especially if the songs are about trendy topics. Radio rap is also a lot different from underground hip hop which has a lot of intelligence behind it. Most pop music is dumbed-down for easy consumption and quick sales.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
not just rap all msm music tv and film is designed to turn the potentialy smart independant youth of today into imbeciles who believe every thing on the msm news shows and papers .who will stand up to the government if most of the people that are being used and abused by said government are happy to live dumb and ignorant as long as they can get free government hand outs just for having a child or depression or even ADHD ( i live in australia) . as long as they get macdonalds and kesha's "music" they dont care .then it is up to the few young people that have taken it upon them selves to learn and question everything we hear ( there are too few of us in this land). i believe humanity is doomed unless the next generation (my son and his fellows) can overcome this manufactured stupidity

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

The tptb, nwo, illumi and the rest have and do control the music industry and radio. I will not post here. If you really want to know? just email newartistmanager at g mail I will respond and with full details, links and proof.
I am not a coward, just doing this right way. When we have it ready we will release it in full living color.
What is so unusual(usual) is that I have offered this before and not 1 person contacted me.
I produced 2 multi platinum albums multiple gold and others. I have worked radio promos for years (21).
Those are my credentials. KRS1 and others are on it too. Tipac and Biggie were about to go public in a huge way. Thats why they were murdered. By the same 'hands".
email me.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I'm not a fan of rap at all, but rap is always unfairly singled out. Music in general has been dumbed down as well as television and movies...and even public education, including "higher" education. Many people who aren't fans of rap will blame it for encouraging violence and disrespect of women, all the while enjoying movies, television, and video games that do the exact same thing. Stop the hypocrisy. That's not directed at the OP in particular, just the large amount of people who I've witnessed do this.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
ANYBODY trying to place the blame on rap is just straight up ignorant. Open up your eyes and take a fair share of the blame because it's just as much your fault as it is those promoting negative behaviour.

worth every second of the watch... but then again I'm sure there are a lot of old farts here on ATS who don't know any better other than to automatically place blame on something you don't even fully understand or comprehend.

www.worldstarhiphop.com...

If only I could take a star/flags away from OP, if only...

ABE - www.youtube.com...

"Black woman voted head of Ku Klux Klan
Malcolm Little dies as a old man
Martin Luther King read the eulogy for him
Followed by Bill O'Reilly who read from the Quran
President Bush sends condolences from Iran
Where Fox News reports live
That Ahmedinijad wins Mandella Peace Prize"

WINS - www.youtube.com...

"9/11 building 7 did they really pull it
Uhh, And a bunch of other cover ups
Your childs future was the first to go with budget cuts
If you think that hurts then, wait here comes the uppercut
The school was garbage in the first place, thats on the up and up
Keep you at the bottom but tease you with the uppercrust
You get it then they move you so you never keeping up enough"
edit on 15-4-2011 by Nastradamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Hip Hop is social commentary.

Hip hop has impacted many different countries culturally and socially in positive ways. "Thousands of organizers from Cape Town to Paris use hip hop in their communities to address environmental justice, policing and prisons, media justice, and education.

link

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthwormJim

well... there is underground hip hop artists that give good messages like Immortal Technique, he talks about the problems that we are going through and he gives advice... listen to Poverty of Philosophy by Immortal Technique its really good

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join