It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As Above So Below Top Secret

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
You know, it occurs to me that one of the eight sacred books of Manicheanism (now defunct but once one of the world's largest religions) was composed entirely of pictures, with no words. It was called the Arzhang, and like the religion that revered it, it was long ago been lost and almost entirely forgotten. But for the Manicheans it was a holy scripture, indicating that a serious philosophical and/or metaphysical discourse without words is at least conceivable.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
On the thread move.

That's OK.

Whatever was meant to be.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I was going to see how long I could keep it up. I am sure I would have run out of picture words pretty quick.

I completely agree that it is not only possible, but very real.

I read a thread recently and remember a clip of it, something like, two electrical workers were on a project overseas, neither spoke the same language but had a project to complete together and got out the schematics and completed the massive job completely with symbolism.

I respond heavily with it for some reason.

I think you got it. That is my take on POPI, Sound good?

With M-theory and holographic universe, to me ,something must have programmed the whole thing, be it chaos or order.

Though, I am not very familiar yet with the allegory's, I'm working on it. I can see the same thing in the story you put up.

I wish I knew how to decipher everything, but I am new to this, but it definitely is a brain stimulator.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Top - PO

1- Chaos Theory
2 - Quantum Chaos Theory
3- The bridge to that which is below.
4- The instrument - The one that caused the bang.

7 - Calabi–Yau manifold Superstring Theory
8 - Golden Ratio - Mathematics
Or - Golden - Mean (philosophy)

Bottom PI

On the stairs are souls on the way up or down.

If you guy's want to know more, you will find a way....read up.

I don't know the mechanics of it all, just a big picture perspective of how and why.

Funny my philosophy of the creation of everything gets moved to general chit chat....Tit for Tat

edit on 15-4-2011 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-4-2011 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Well, Timewalker. You seem to have been condensed. Yes, endless recursion endlessly progressing. Lives without end. There is no out only in. A closed feedback loop.

Ashby's Law of Requisite Variety:

«The larger the variety of actions available to a control system, the larger the variety of perturbations it is able to compensate.»

Our actions are by the design of our flesh, limited. Yet the system requires more variety to survive. Or something will blow.

Your post is a heart breaker.
Fine work.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

Yes, endless recursion endlessly progressing. Lives without end. There is no out only in. A closed feedback loop.

I take comfort in that, well written.

Knowing that while we are here we can help make progress makes me want to be better in all ways. Knowing that we are not perfect, we can balance ourselves and THINK positive.

Maybe some of that gets through the loop.

Thanks friend.

I think you will get a kick out of this. I just tapped the Tao Te Ching the night after I made the story without words. It fits beautifully with the sequence I think.

So it is that existence and non-existence give birth the one to (the idea of) the other; that difficulty and ease produce the one (the idea of) the other; that length and shortness fashion out the one the figure of the other; that (the ideas of) height and lowness arise from the contrast of the one with the other; that the musical notes and tones become harmonious through the relation of one with another; and that being before and behind give the idea of one following another.

Therefore the sage manages affairs without doing anything, and conveys his instructions without the use of speech.

All things spring up, and there is not one which declines to show itself; they grow, and there is no claim made for their ownership; they go through their processes, and there is no expectation (of a reward for the results). The work is accomplished, and there is no resting in it (as an achievement).

The work is done, but how no one can see; 'Tis this that makes the power not cease to be.

Tao Te Ching
edit on 16-4-2011 by timewalker because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Frater

I wanted to say. These progressions are my 3 year summary of the "mystery school" that is ATS.

You witnessed the final phase of that progression.

You helped me fit it all together at least my all.

ATS- Yes people, things that go bump in the night are out there, yes they are strange and foreign perhaps, but who cares. Enjoy what we have and quit worrying about it.

"The only thing you have to fear, is fear itself".

Peace

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
There is an out.

(I once seen myself thru the eyes of my dog)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by timewalker

"The only thing you have to fear, is fear itself".

it is important to let the fear in, to accept it and to absorb it. it is only then that it will dissolve in front of your very eyes.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
1. A Spiro graphed set of butterfly wings
2. A disco ball
3. A heavenly looking sunrise
4. Good sounds and bad sounds
5. Arial of a gold rose
6. Snowflake
7. Twirling bumpy balls that Silent Thunder mentioned
8.People walking climbing a spiral staircase

Can I paste a picture into a search engine? I’m going to try it.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

Interesting pictures. Numbers two and six look like what I see when I concentrate in the third eye.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

These are beautiful images. Are you into Sacred Geometry?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

By the way, OP, that's a very nice representation of Calabi-Yau space you have there. Thanks.

Thank you, Silent Thunder -- now I know what this is called. Since I don't know anything about String Theory, the only thing I picked up on is "mirror image." Very pertinent for "As above, so below."

AuranVector
edit on 24-4-2011 by AuranVector because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
You know, it occurs to me that one of the eight sacred books of Manicheanism (now defunct but once one of the world's largest religions) was composed entirely of pictures, with no words. It was called the Arzhang, and like the religion that revered it, it was long ago been lost and almost entirely forgotten. But for the Manicheans it was a holy scripture, indicating that a serious philosophical and/or metaphysical discourse without words is at least conceivable.

Excellent!

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Cymatics & Sacred Geometry.

I wish I had the photos to show you of what Sanskrit mantras look like.
Sanskrit mantras look like Yantras.

So how did the ancient Hindus know this? May be they had more technology than what survived.

AuranVector

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

On the thread move.

That's OK.

Whatever was meant to be.

That's annoying. This really does belong under Metaphysics & Philosophy.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by AuranVector

I am an admirer for sure. When I learned of the Fibonacci, that was it. I see it everywhere.

The staircase is in Museum of Harmony and Golden Section
edit on 24-4-2011 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AuranVector

I am an admirer for sure. When I learned of the Fibonacci, that was it. I see it everywhere.

The staircase is in Museum of Harmony and Golden Section
edit on 24-4-2011 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

Thanks for the link. I had no idea there was museum dedicated to the Golden Section.

AuranVector

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Happy Easter Everybody. Been very busy but hope to get a post up soon. In the meantime...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join