It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(I think) I accidentally predicted the 2011 Japan earthquake / tsunami / nuclear crisis in 2003

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Quick background information.... I'm an ex-journalist and writer. Every so often an idea for a script will come to me and i will write in down on the nearest piece of scrap paper i can find. I have a few of these scrap papers lying around the house.

So i was just going through my desk drawers, cleaning them out, and i came across such a piece of paper. On it was a script idea i had scrawled down in 2003 (had "2003" written at top of paper).

The below is exactly what is written on the paper (bare in mind, i was in a zombie phase at the time):

"Idea where zombies over-run mainland Japan. Crisis begins after massive earthquake, 9.8, destroys infrastructure and then triggers massive tsunami on the East Coast. Earthquake destroys many of Japan's nuclear reactors, sending them into meltdown. The tsunami 'washes' all the radioactive material inland, flooding the mainland and contaminating majority of Japan. Continuing earthquakes make situation worse and continuing. Waste land. Radioactive conditions cause the bodies of the dead to reanimate - zombies. Would have focal points across mainland where pockets of fresh water exist. Almost Mad Max meets Zombies vibe."

I even noticed that i originally had the earthquake as 8.9 before changing to 9.8, i assume for dramatic impact. The original actual japan earthquake strength was also 8.9, before being increased to 9.1.

Was pretty blown away when i saw it. Had totally forgotten i had written it down and it's almost exactly what is/could be unfolding - minus the zombies of course.

Wonder if this is an example of that rare occassion where someone subconsciously taps into the 'everything' and receives 'information' of future events. Or is it coincidence? I normally only write down ideas i feel very strongly about, so who knows!

edit on 15-4-2011 by srsen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
whatever.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Just for the record, here's a pic of the paper with the prediction/idea on it:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/67ca321511cc.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Is that a prediction or a coincidence? hmmmm
i think it was a coincidence.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
Is that a prediction or a coincidence?

If there are zombies then I'm going for prediction. None then coincidence.

-m0r

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
This thread should be placed in the im DREAMING section.
Prediction my butt. And you called yourself a journalist.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty

-m0r

Given the real-life story unfolding in Japan right now, with the rumours that it may be sinking and everything, zombies may not be all that far off

Been thinking though, if a second major earthquake hits, as some are expecting, and it triggers another major tsunami, then the bit about a large portion of inland Japan being radioactive and unihabitable might not be so far off.

Let's hope and pray for the best from here!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by srsen

Originally posted by m0r1arty

-m0r

Given the real-life story unfolding in Japan right now, with the rumours that it may be sinking and everything, zombies may not be all that far off

er... no.. it is not even a vague possibility..

cmon man, think about what you are saying.. your supposed to be a journalist.. that statement is ridiculous...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
er... no.. it is not even a vague possibility..

cmon man, think about what you are saying.. your supposed to be a journalist.. that statement is ridiculous...

dude i was having a joke...

i'm not taking this thread as seriously as people think i must be. I thought it was a funny story with an interesting twist and thats all. SUffice to say, I dont think zombies will be appearing in Japan!!
edit on 15-4-2011 by srsen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Methinks you've spent a few too many hours at the 'Press Club' . . . zombies . . . . really???????

Oh my.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by srsen

I think all the ney sayers would feel differently if they had been the ones to write this down,
they would at least be a little freaked out, now wouldn't you guys?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by infojunkie2
reply to post by srsen

I think all the ney sayers would feel differently if they had been the ones to write this down,

Yeah I would be a little freaked out too if Japan was overrun by zombies.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Considering Japan is one of the most country's getting hit by an EQ on a regular basis, I could also just make a prediction that Japan is gonna get hit with a 7+ mag EQ in the future.

It's not when but If.
simple as that.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Oh you're a "journalist" alright. We all have read your stuff. You write under the pen name Sorcha Faal.
You're really reaching with this one.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Radiation creating zombies?
Radiation will kill you, not bring you back from the dead. Although I suppose you could transform into a crazed cannibalistic mutant, but you would not be dead, therefore not a real zombie.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I would guess that some of the people over there are in a "zombie state" of mind. Earthquakes, tsunami, lost loved ones, lose everything they have and live in shelters, radiation.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
So you wrote those words down on a piece of paper in 2003; how do we know you didn't write it down yesterday? Not trying to debunk here but kind of hard to believe. If it is true then pretty amazing to say the least.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Just want to say again - because people obviously aren't reading my full first post.... I DO NOT THINK ZOMBIES ARE GOING TO APPEAR IN JAPAN

Why don't people read properly!?! I'm saying that i wrote a story idea back in 2003 that predicted the series of events currently unfolding in Japan. This story idea also included zombies but i AM NOT saying that the zombie part will happen in real life.

Geez people read properly lol

Originally posted by infojunkie2
reply to post by srsen

Thank you - that's exactly where im trying to come from!!

The last paragraph of my OP is the direction i thought this thread would go in

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by taccj9903

i guess you dont have anyway of knowing.... BUT i can promise you, if i was going to write a BS story to put on here, it would have been much more accurate and certainly wouldnt have featured zombies

And for the record, to everyone, i said i was a former journalist in my OP, this is cmpletely unrelated to my story. I was just trying to explain why i amy be in the habit of writing story ideas down, trying to explian that i enjoy to write.

FTR: I was a journo for retail trade publications and then sports sponsorhsip news sites. Nothing related to anything ATS.

top topics

join