It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TEPCO to make interim payment of 100 million yen to families affected by crisis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
That means it's just a first payment. It will be more in the future.

100 million yen is about 1.2 million US$ at current rate.

Compensation for primary target of 50,000 households TEPCO announced an interim payment procedures month

TEPCO 15, targeting the residents were forced to evacuate the first nuclear power plant accident in Fukushima, "払補 provisional redemption"announced pay. The amount of temporary pay 100 million yen per household, 75 million single-member households. 50,000 households qualify for payment. Into the target area and adjustments from the said municipality, and begin the distribution of application forms and described in the shelter. Before the Golden Week holiday is a big idea to start a temporary advance.

So just the first payment will be worth a little less than 60 billion US$.

1.2 million... and you lost everything you've got... forever. 1.2 million might sounds like a lot to you... but real estate in Japan is very expensive.

The average price for apartments around Tokyo is 1 million + yen/sqm.
Tokyo Bay Home Demand to Drop as Quake Turned Land to Mud, Shattered Pipes

The average price of a three-bedroom apartment in Tokyo rose to 47.2 million yen ($562,000) in February, according to the Real Estate Economic Research Institute. Monthly prices have remained above the past decade’s 42.8 million yen average in 12 of the past 13 months, the data show.

Of course that is Tokyo... in Osaka, it's about 15% cheaper, but still.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
sounds like quite a bit of money to me. if the victims can afford to buy a new 3 bedroom home and still have $500k to use.

i don't know why it won't post.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Are you kidding?

Sure $1.2M will help... But for a terminal case of Radiation Poisoning???? Not nearly enough!
Then you have the multi-generational cancer situation.

Unbelievable...

"Sorry you are all going to die in 1 - 50 years, but here is some money for you to make it all better!" - TEPCO

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Wouldnt the price of homes to rent/buy rise by quite a bit with the numbers of homeless? (not just from the nuclear contamination.

There is going to be a lot of land where new homes cannot be built due to contamination.

Farmers, fishermen to name but a few will not get their jobs back so retraining will need to be funded.

No the payout seems light to me and the impact on schools, hospitals roads and other services are going to be stretched to say the least.

This is no where near the cost of this disaster to those poor people

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I think perhaps your figures may be incorrect. Either that, or there are different sources reporting different amounts.

On this April 15 reported Agence France-Presse. Company Tepco pay each family that affected the state of emergency for "Fukushima-1, an amount equivalent to 12 thousand dollars. The amount of compensation to citizens alone will be the equivalent of nine thousand dollars.

Source: mysouth.su...

Or, maybe several different payments are being made? Not sure, but I think the amount of money you listed per family is inflated.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I'm finding way different numbers........

TEPCO expects to pay 50 billion yen (about $600 million) in the initial round of compensation. As costs mount for the utility, Shimizu said the company would consider cutting executive salaries as well as a number of its employees.

1 million yen is 12,000$ USD.

ca.news.yahoo.com...
edit on 15-4-2011 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka

Posts like yours infuriate me to the brink of insanity.

What exactly do you expect TEPCO to do? Build a time machine, go back in time, prevent the earthquake and tsunami from happening?

Get REAL.

I'd also like to see your facts for how you know all these people have been exposed to "lethal levels of radiation." Because to me, it sounds like you're making an unfounded assumption.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SaosinEngaged

Posts like yours break my brain!

Are you trying to tell me... For the FACT TEPCO says they are paying those AFFECTED by this tragedy... ARE NOT affected?

You sir, win the award for the dumbest post!

I'm saying that TEPCO's accounts should be divided amongst those affected and TEPCO shutdown once they have cleaned up their mess.
A long with every other Nuclear Power plant.

edit on 15/4/2011 by Sovaka because: Spelling

new topics

top topics

join