It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan mullahs push peaceful protest in wake of Quran-burning violence

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Afghan mullahs push peaceful protest in wake of Quran-burning violence

news.yahoo.com

Kandahar, Afghanistan – As the dust settles in Afghanistan after sustained protest over a Florida pastor's Quran burning, many residents in Kandahar are facing an unpleasant truth: More Qurans were burned in the course of their protests than by Terry Jones. The demonstrations, which started peacefully, quickly turned violent, killing at least nine people and injuring scores in Kandahar City alone. And as protesters vandalized a girls’ school and set fire to shops, Qurans also inadvertently went On Wednesday, the province’s top spiritual leaders moved to address the irony – and promote
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
That just made me laugh. Its so ironic that they are protesting the burning of the Koran that they burned many in the process of the demonstrations. Should they be beheaded for doing that? I wonder if even if by accident you get punished for destroying the Koran. Or perhaps its involuntary Koran burning. Surely they knew that there would be Korans in schools and stores.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

The whole humdinger was staged from the start and will never end. I do find it funny that they changed their tune when someone pointed out that they were hypocritical.
Geez this stupid crap has gotta stop....at first it was scary then it got comical now its just stupid with this stuff

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Brainwashed idiots that don't deserve what's being done to them and what they're doing to themselves, but idiots nonetheless.
It's quite ironic how a bunch of brainwashed idiots like ourselves can judge other brainwashed idiots so easily from our cumfy chairs.

Now tell me honestly. Which group deserves the title "idiot" more?
-The group that's more severely brainwashed and lacks the tools (You speak up, you die) to counter the brainwashing (them)?
-Or is it perhaps the group that has been more mildly brainwashed and even has the tools (Knowledge, Internet, rights etc.) to counter the brainwashing(us)?

S&F and really I like your nanosuit avatar

IT--

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

“People don’t know how to protest.”

gee ya think and since when has ignorance ever been a valid defense for anything one does?

oh sorry we beheaded you because we didn't know any better!

oh sorry we killed people because we didn't know any better!

oh sorry we destroyed property because we didn't know any better!

and they turned around and did the same thing that they were mad about.

i have had enough of this get every last man and woman out of afghanistan and pull any funding for with.

and don't expect them to hold themselves to the same standards they do us infidels

it will never happen.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Beautiful how every single point your post can be applied to what Israel is doing and how the USA supports this with the difference being that Israel isn't "sorry" for those things.

IT--
edit on 15-4-2011 by edog11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

top spiritual leaders moved to address the irony

Now that's just funny

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by edog11

i fail to see what isreal has to do with this topic

and when has the us beheaded anyone? never

unsorry afghans
edit on 15-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

The Quran burning was only the spark which ignited the fuel. Don't even act like the Quran burning was them main source of fuel for the anger. Don't forget to mention the decade long suffering Afghans have been going through.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I am waiting for the main event that Terry Jones is planning. He is going to put Mohammed on trial. I do not think that Mohammed is going to fare to well. Poor Mohammed peace be upon you buddy. I am sure that the Westboro baptist Church is not going to give you a fair trial anyway and already knows the verdict before the case even begins.

Well either way I am sure the Islamic humiliation will be in the form of murdering people unrelated to the Mohammed trial. Hopefully the fundamentalist religious leaders can control the masses before more slaughter and butchery occurs like they are trying to do now a few weeks AFTER the fact.

I guess they cannot tweet to the other fundies
#be more careful when you slaughter the infidels! You are burning Qur'ans! make sure when you butcher the infidels that you do not harm the Qur'ans!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by P3ACE0WAR

Yep blowing up Budda statues, killing women, destroying schools and killing civilians who are also Muslims. Don't surprise me that they are mad.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Yep blowing up Budda statues, killing women, destroying schools and killing civilians who are also Muslims. Don't surprise me that they are mad.

Stick to the issue at hand.

Are you suggesting the main reason for the fury of Afghans revolve around the Quran burning?

If you can't deny it, then why try to change the subject? Just don't reply.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by P3ACE0WAR

Stick to the issue at hand.

Are you suggesting the main reason for the fury of Afghans revolve around the Quran burning?

If you can't deny it, then why try to change the subject? Just don't reply.

Yes. Yes I do. What other reason than supporting death to all who insult Islam was Van Gogh murdered, people involved with The Satanic Verses murdered, death threats were sent to the creators of South Park, and the whole Dannish Cartoons controversy? It really isn't that hard to believe, is it?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

No, we are talking about a specific situation in Afghanistan, do you think it is only the Quran burning which has fuel the anger of Afghans?

If you want to talk about another incident, please make a thread.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

These are the main reasons.
Hence why I pointed out. You don't have to reply at all if you don't want to discuss it. See you later buddy.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

These are the main reasons.
Hence why I pointed out. You don't have to reply at all if you don't want to discuss it. See you later buddy.

So destroy the Budha statue is the reason for the current anger in Afghanistan now

Now you really hit the spot.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by P3ACE0WAR
reply to post by 547000

No, we are talking about a specific situation in Afghanistan, do you think it is only the Quran burning which has fuel the anger of Afghans?

If you want to talk about another incident, please make a thread.

It was mostly (about 95%) the Quran burning. Be assured that even without the troops there they would have still committed such actions in the name of defending Islam.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000

It was mostly (about 95%) the Quran burning. Be assured that even without the troops there they would have still committed such actions in the name of defending Islam.

Now you are claiming only the Quran burning and occupation is the cause, add some more to the list please.

I will add one to help you fill the basket:

#Drugs flourishing throughout Afghanistan under the protection of CIA, causing huge drug addiction.
#
#
#
#

Your turn. Tell us what fuels the anger, we know what sparked it.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Lol, good luck dude. There are thousands of reasons why anything could cause any historical event to occur, but there is sufficient evidence that insulting Islam was a main reason for the protests in the first place. If you cannot see that given what we know you're in denial.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000

Lol, good luck dude. There are thousands of reasons why anything could cause any historical event to occur, but there is sufficient evidence that insulting Islam was a main reason for the protests in the first place. If you cannot see that given what we know you're in denial.

I think you are in denial, in denial that Muslims might not be as you perceive them to be. That haunts you because you need someone to hate, you can't hate black or Jews anymore so it has to be Muslims right

Anyways, I have laid my reasons forward, you have accepted them, you already accepted that it might be more than the Quran burning event, and that puts doubt to your argument.

You are fully aware of the other reasons I suspect, well, might as well add one more to the basket, just to encourage you to fill it up.

#Corruption is so widespread that someone can rape a little girl and can get away with it through bribes, or connections.
#
#
#
#

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join