It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Ocean Whirlpools Puzzle Scientists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Two whirlpools off the coast of Brazil are baffling scientists. The whirlpools are more than 300 miles across!

According to Brazilian scientist Guilherme Castellane, the two funnels are approximately 400 kilometers in diameter. Until now, these were not known on Earth. The funnels reportedly exert a strong influence on climate changes that have been registered during the recent years.

"Funnels rotate clockwise. They are moving in the ocean like giant frisbees, two discs thrown into the air. Rotation occurs at a rate of one meter per second, the speed is sufficiently large compared to the speed of oceanic currents, on the border hoppers is a wave-step height of 40 cm," Castellane said.

Giant Ocean Whirlpools Puzzle Scientists

The source is Pravda - not sure how reliable they are these days. I was unable to find any youtube videos, pictures, or other sources (beside blogs that ref'd the Pravda article). At 400 km diameter these should show up on GoogleEarth or similar if they are in-fact real.

The article gives a few reasons why large whirlpools typically exist, so the title of the article seems to be a little misleading, but one reason scientists are baffled is why the whirlpool keeps on even during the dry times when the Amazon isn't providing as much current.

edit on 14-4-2011 by Thermo Klein because: added a paragraph

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
As a sidenote, the following was predicted in a blog on March 4th this year... think it could be related?

"The tides which your scientists have measured for some time will be changing soon. There will be utterly NO reason they can comprehend for this to happen"

Parcival 04Mar2011

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
its the aliens starting up their crafts...its either they know something bad is coming and they figure its about time to get out of here or the are getting ready for something much different

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Very strange times we are living in, so much new phenomenon happening so often, it is hard to not pay attention to the fact that ultimately, somethin is up. The earth, she is a' Changing.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Here's the pic from the site - although it doesn't specify if it's a real picture or simulation.

(that's largest I could get)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
just noticed this was posted already....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
When I clicked on the link, Google Chrome says "Whoa! Are you sure you want to go there? This is a dangerous site!" (I take that to mean it's got a nasty virus, trojan or spyware implanted there...???)

If any of you got directly to it without your browser blocking/warning you'd better run a scan on your system.

As for the whirlpools, wasn't there mention during the gulf spill about multiple fissures occurring on the ocean floor? Could it be that massive amounts of sea water are draining into gaps under the bathosphere?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein
Here's the pic from the site - although it doesn't specify if it's a real picture or simulation.

(that's largest I could get)

That's not the earth man!

Where's brazil in that pic?

top topics

join