It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside info on comet Elenin (yes, you're being lied to)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by [davinci]

Well.....you can stop shivering, and relax.....because:

Started shivering when I read yout post, can't seem to stop.

3600 years....

...."3600 years" is a load of bull. It was just made up, and that is because someone else already made up that number before....in relation to the (NON-existent) "nibiru".

Look for burdman3006's post......the actual period of Comet Elenin's orbit is in the range of 660,000 YEARS!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Romekje

How about we ask these guys?

Photographed on March 9th by Jean-Francois Soulier:

Photographed on March 6th by Bernhard Haeusler:

More photos here:
www.aerith.net...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Since first hearing of Elenin, I too have been frustrated with the amount of conflicting information. Let's not forget that NASA is a branch of the military and must answer to the military. Therefore, they are sworn to the same degree of secrecy. When threats of death against you or your family are present, or even others and their families aside from you if you squeal, you keep your mouth shut. You don't even tell your wife or your husband.

I have read the entire post and have not yet seen a correlation between the U.S. gov's 'threatened' shut down. Now it's been moved to after September, if it happens at all. That's a whole lot of people to be in the know, but perhaps (my guess) they are not all informed. Following the conspiracy mindset, is this shut down being orchestrated at higher levels to accompany an escape, if Elenin warrants it? I mean, after all, if out of the blue the government shuts down without any warning - isn't that a little strange? Do they (TPTB) want to go that route? I don't know how 'they' think. Maybe they are not sure themselves, hence the waffling. Or maybe they started the waffle to get us used to the waffle. At this point, people are somewhat expecting a shut down. Would we be surprised? If you want to put the conspiracy pieces together, you could say that after these numerous warnings, they WILL shut down in time to go underground - before Elenin and after they're sure of the trajectory - too close or a hit. Last count of the D.U.M.B.'s I heard was at 140. I mean, really, what are they for anyway? Nothing? Is the Black Budget, drug money, and whatever else funding the completion of these as alleged?

If Elenin is coming too close for comfort, you WILL find disinfo. If it's not, why the admission of a 3,600 year orbit? That in itself rings a bell with ancient civilizations' warnings across the globe. And why the retraction of information? Threads like this are not a waste of time and should NOT be deleted because as time goes on, it will bring us closer to the truth. Seems to me it would be disinfo agents that want this thread to dissappear. If it's annoying, ignore it like others you ignore.

Also, if Elenin is, in fact, a threat - every individual who is in the know realizes that an annoucement of an extinction level event would put people in a horrible panic and make the last weeks/months of their lives miserable and in pain. OR - It would interfere with their finances! If Armageddon is on the horizon, how long would you wait to tell people? And how many different agendas are out there to decide this? If a few come out as whistleblowers or hinters, do you listen to them or dismiss them? The old adage: Time will tell - and nothing more.

Elenin's orbit is not written in stone and the mention of them having it down to the .00000X degree is certainly odd. Any comet's trajectory is a wild card, especially if you're dealing with something coming close to earth - it's too far away now to calculate how gravity will affect it - if it is in fact coming close. At least if it does cause an catastrophic event, the elite will have a place to hide. But possibly not all of them will have a way to get out. And what's up with the alleged Tyche???

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Ugh...this comet will NOT hit the ISS. It will NOT hit the moon or earth. Its far too small to have any gravitational effect on the moon or earth. It is passing VERY close but that's it. It will be spectacular to watch for sure. My only guess is that maybe there's some concern of passing through its tail maybe. It could effect the ISS that way or satellites but its just icy debris so it may not be much of a concern. These ridiculous made up stories about Elenin, Nibiru, etc. are getting annoying. There are so many good people in astro-physics and astronomical studies. Something that posed any threat to us would be easily visible and we would be informed.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Well, well. Finally a photo of the (use your spooky voice) "Comet of Dooooom". Interesting to note that the thing, from the photo, looks like it's coming down our collective throats. This is interesting but I'd like to shake the internets for a while and see what falls out.

For a pretty realistic at a direct strike, Lucifer's Hammer / Larry Niven is a pretty good read.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Whether it will hit or come very close or not.

Whether you believe it or not.

One thing is for sure.

We will not be told, there is no reason to, it would not change anything.

We will know for sure much nearer the time, when Amateurs Astronomers would be a better source of information.

That's what I believe anyway!

link   
reply to post by billxam

Here's it's latest estimated flight track, I assume this is from the northern hemisphere:

link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

You have to THINK about mass.....AND the history, already, of the Moon:

BUT what are the projections for it hitting the moon?
or at least knocking the moon out of it's orbit.

Comet Elenin is only about 4 - 6 kilometers in diameter. It is most likely composed of a conglomeration of "dirty" water ice, maybe some rocks mixed in. Something that small, hitting the Moon? (doubt it'll even be that close, anyway....LOOK at the many computer simulations already posted in this thread!! I like the one from JPL....you have to download an"applet" program....._javascript or something. It is in 3-D and shows clearly.....it IS A MISS!!!)

Back to a 6-km diameter celestial object striking the Moon.....do you have any idea of the Moon's mass? It would be like throwing a grain of rice at a bowling ball (or, maybe I'm exaggerating....the rice might be too massive, in comparison.....in that example).

The largest impact crater on the Moon? We can't see it from Earth. It is the "South Pole Aiken Basin":

Shortly after the Moon formed, an asteroid smacked into its southern hemisphere and gouged out a truly enormous crater, the South Pole-Aitken basin, almost 1,500 miles across and more than five miles deep.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This is the biggest, deepest crater on the Moon -- an abyss that could engulf the United States from the East Coast through Texas,"

Science Daily, 9 March 2010

THAT was a HUGE impact......and yet, there she is....Selene still there, for over 4.5 Billion years......AND underwent many, many, many more collisions in that time. (There are, I read, over 500,000 impact craters that can be counted, just on the Near Side facing earth....).....

The information on the OPENING POST (OP) of this thread is bogus. Is it too much to ask for people to learn, study for themselves, rather than just knee-jerk reacting to every doom-and-gloom prediction thread made??

ADD: Once again, the Interactivce Elenin and Planets Orbit Diagram

Reguires "Java" for the applet. Free Java Download Link

(I presume if you have a Mac computer, you already have the applet?? Since it's an Apple product?? Dunno....don't use Macs....)

edit on 15 April 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

link   
I honestly dont believe elenin is a comet at all. Too many mystery surounding it suggests that. When you add up all the anomalies, all the ufo sightings, all the governmental, fbi/vatican disclosures regarding Alien beings. I doubt our alien visitors will let a comet hit. And I believe there is more than just one race of ET's here. Elenin could either be, a ship or a fragment of a star or planet.

It may look like a comet but ask yourself, is it really a comet? When can this thing be viewed with naked eyes?

S&F btw.

I am not worried, if I am correct, we are about to receive a divine intervention of some sort.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by billxam

There a loads of photos, well some at least.

www.theastronomer.org...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Apocalyptic
Something that posed any threat to us would be easily visible and we would be informed.

yea right !!!!
I got some ocean front property
in Kansas I wanna sell ya.
You interested ???

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by okiecowboy
Yup they can move it

Station Fires Engines To Avoid Orbital Debris

At 10:36 p.m. EDT, ground controllers moved the International Space Station away from a piece of orbital debris. The object is a relic from a collision between the COSMOS 2251 and Iridium 33 satellites in February 2009 and had been close to the station's orbit prior to the debris avoidance maneuver (DAM).

source

Which is exactly why this whole story is B.S. Come on people... A little logic goes a long way.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by rich76

LMAO, dude, if a comet was going to hit, and possibly wipe out earth, you cant seriously say that everyone knowing wouldn't change anything. Im no expert, but if the world was informed of its doom, SH!T WOULD HIT THE EFFING FAN! PPL would be going buck wild in the streets looting and getting their hands on whatever they could, even it they knew they had 0.0000001% chance of survival, and survival at that would be living in a cave for 1000 years, believe me, your wrong when you say it wouldn't change anything. Think before you post and make yourself look silly.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Wouldn't just some minor course alteration thrusts, over time, completely get the station out of the way, even if a direct impact was projected? I just don't see it happening.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
This is to no one in particular, but I'm aiming it more towards the people who think the government or whomever is hiding this and has plans to survive:

Ok seriously, if anything were to be an ELE, do you not realize that almost everything would be wiped out? Aka animals, plants, etc.

The elite or whatever, would have hardly anything left, you can hide underground for a while, but not forever. Plus, being underground in a "bunker" would hardly guarantee safety. Why would they want to save themselves if when they come out of hiding they'd basically come out to a catastrophic devastating scene. It would probably be unlivable of it were an ELE.

There are so many governments in the world, one would be bound to spill the beans. Plus I'm sorry but you just can't hide something huge from everyone, especially amateurs. And yes, I am aware that not all "governments" would even know, but come on.

Thus, I highly doubt this will be anything to fret over. I may be wrong but for the time being, there's no reason to believe we are in grave danger.

Besides, who cares if we know anyways, knowing won't change the fact that we'd die, and who wants to know the day they're gonna die?

I've talked to a few friends who are really into this kind of stuff, and they're excited to whip out their telescopes, they aren't running for the hills...yet

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by lagenese

i know for a fact that they are worried about elenin hitting (presumably) the ISS.

i don't care about stars or flags or points. mods can reset all mine to zero.

this is the info i have, if i get more, i will share promptly.

The fact is, if the trajectory information is accurate, no matter what, the earth, and everything orbiting it, is going to pass through the tail of this comet/planet/whatever and its debris trail. Yes, everything would potentially be blanketed by that debris trail for more than 2 months, based on the already published trajectories.

So yes, the ISS is in danger, as are all of the other military/non-military satellites up there.

There is no way that the Governments on this planet are going to warn the masses -- it would cause a devastating run on food, water, supplies, and just pure panic -- the likes of which we have never seen before. Can you imagine the chaos the news of this would cause? Not only that, but the mass suicides that would ensue?

Since there is really no where to run, unless you have access to the thousands of bunkers that have been constructed for the "rich, wealthy, and powerful" we peons are just as well dead. So enjoy life for the next 5 months.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

I called this days after the japan quake.....most people just hated

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by THEDUDE86

Seriously, read my thread......this seems to of all happened before

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
As we all know, a lie can get more complicated as time goes on. Withholding important information is similar to a lie in my opinion.

If our whole society was set up in a way where all people shared the information of where we were in the cosmos, in a public manner, through our education system right up into adulthood, talking of such matters would
not cause as much fear. People in this kind of ideal society could within relative calmness move away from the coasts at least.

But our world is not set up that way.

astrosa.com... In this link the article from 2003 states that the government would not disclose potential problems from the sky to the population in order not to cause fear.

They are NOT going to tell us if something dangerous is headed our way!
This would cause a worldwide meltdown whether the object is serious or not.

Watching for evidence of things being kept secret will be our only warning to get prepared. Thank you for starting this important thread.
edit on 15-4-2011 by ladyvoyageur because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join