It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside info on comet Elenin (yes, you're being lied to)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
IF this insider is so very worried about Elenin, why not go on the news or give the info to WikiLeaks? I mean if I had info that the world was being lied to about an "Extinction Level Event" AND I was an expert in the field AND I was positive it was going to happen, the last place I would post the info would be here.

Think about it folks. You have this info and you feed it to some guy on a conspiracy board? You either don't really care about humanity or are making this crap up to scare people for fun.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I see a beautiful excuse to publicly weaponize space in the near future if this is true.

S+F

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

Most comets don't get any press whatsoever. Did you know that there were over 100 comets discovered last year? Why are you not complaining about those other comets not getting any press time? The reason Halley's Comet is so well known is because it is a very bright short period comet. In fact it is the only naked-eye comet that a person could see twice in their lifetime. Elenin on the other hand is a small long-period comet that will require at least binoculars to see and will not be heard from again for thousands of years, if ever.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
This thread is a simple hoax. When will ATS learn to ignore them.

There is certainly no cover up of information regarding Elenin going on at the JPL websites, as the numerous quoted simulations, etc., at JPL in this very thread prove.

All that information is consistent with Elenin not coming anywhere near the ISS. It will pass something like 21 million to 34 million kilometres from earth, or about a quarter of the distance from the sun to the earth.

The ISS orbits at less than 2000km from earth's surface. Given that the figures posted (if correct -- which they are not) suggest Elenin would not come anywhere near that close, NASA certainly would not be specifically worried about the ISS.

What is more likely is that earth will pass through the dust debris from the tail of Elenin. This will likely result in lots of meteors which will make for a pretty night time display for many years to come (every year Earth passes through numerous such debris fields from prior comets which give us our annual meteor showers).

ATS, it is time to deny ignorance. Reject obvious hoaxes and move on. It's abundantly clear that the information in the OP is not even consistent with itself. It is clearly bogus.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
How huge is the debris field? Could this be what NASA is concerned with?
Might be difficult to move the ISS out of range, in that case.

ETA: ops, posted already. typed too slow
edit on 14-4-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

i dont know about this particular comet...but the tail of a comet can be hundreds of thousands of miles long...im not professional but id assume we are safe from "debris" as our atmosphere should munch that sh!t right up.

its the actual comet im worried about...since its "official detection" by leonid elenin its predicted path has been re-calculated over and over bringing it closer and closer to earth...0.24 AUs (the official distance it should pass us by) is very close...further than the moon...but still very close.....but this 0.0004617 AUs thing in this thread is scary close...less than 1/4 of the distance to the moon...like a falling brick missing your head but being so close it touches your hair.

i am inclined not to believe the OP and his "source" and am going to stick with the 0.24 AU for now...but i have strong feelings that predicted path will change again bringing it even closer...the best thing people can do for now is be very aware of its existance

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

Unless some one has already done this, here's the JPL link for C/2010 X1 (Elenin):
ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

I'm going with the camp that is asking for more than here-say as evidence. Does NASA hide things? Does the "Government" hide stuff? Likely, and yes...but remember, don't let yourself borderline on paranoia on these topics. We want to be logical, and, as the motto goes, Deny Ignorance.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Does this mean I can stop paying the mortgage and all my other bills? That would be great

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Ive noticed that too, I wish I would have grabbed screenshots or taken notes. I still have a hard time thinking it is a comet with the large earthquakes we've had that just happen to occur when the sun elenin and earth are aligned..coincidence? maybe..but after three in a row? Its like..someone hits you once..could be an accident..twice..not so much but possible, 3 times..its no accident. So I think the next alignment is in Sept..so we will see. I would prefer it to be a small nice comet that just zooms by and says hi...I really would...but I don't believe in coincidences like that, plus, no media coverage (like Haley's), just nothing. I personally believe "they" think it is going to hit and are not saying it, or they know what it is and are not saying, or worse..they have no idea and are not saying. And for me, the last scenario is the scariest..but very possible. I would hate to be the top man's adviser and say..sir..we dont know what it is..but its heading this way..ughh..

anyway...just hope its a little nice comet with no debris..no brown dwarf or other oddity..

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ThreeNF

maybe, I would wait a tad bit longer though...
2nd line..
3rd line..
etc..
etc..

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138
I don't profess to have any answers- but my gut feeling is just screaming that something is coming soon and at an Extinction Level.It really seems like there is a HUGE coverup going on.Most likely to avoid mass panic..........

I heard you friend, loud and clear. I too have that "feeling" something really big is coming down the pike, and I too feel it will be an extinction event. I feel that some will be taken off before the worst of it, but have no real idea of who, or even how many.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

If it is an ELE, I would prefer that instead of nuclear war, at least it would be mother nature "natural" instead man made "natural"

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I wonder if this has anything to do with it? Hmmm?

An Atlas 5 rocket blasted off on a crisp, clear Thursday night from Vandenberg Air Force Base, capping a surge of missions for the nation's spy satellite agency.

Officials remained mum about the outcome of the mission, only confirming that the rocket's nose cone separated. The secrecy is because the rocket ferried a hush-hush spacecraft to orbit for the National Reconnaissance Office, made up of Defense Department and CIA.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by lagenese

not everyone that works at nasa is privy to all information, only top heads are privy, and that may be around 20 people, all the rest just do what they are employed to do, i dont believe comet elenin is a brown dwarf simply because it would be around 3-4 times the size of jupiter, it would be pulling other planets out of thier orbit as brown dwarfs have a very strong geomagnetic pull, also we would see it, i believe it IS a comet that MAY or COULD strike us.

what im having diffuculty with is this..they say its around 3-4 km, the reason they say this isnt because its what they can see ..obviously...if they could then we would have a definitive size....but the AVERAGE size of comets are around the 3-4km size which is why they have went with that...it could be bigger,

any debris from a comet that size will obviously be considerably smaller, so if we do pass into its tail/coma then anything heading towards us will most likley burn up in our atmosphere and wont cause damage, just a nice light show.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Let us all keep in mind that NASA is a goverment agency so any data or information that is released to the public is highly filtered. So to anyone who questions why, if an impact from Elenin is imminent, the public is not warned, I offer you two scenarios:

1) Disclose all imformation and data to the general public in regards to an oncoming impact of enough significance to potentially cause an E.L.E the moment it is discovered. At which point the entire global economy is crashed, massive riots and pandemonium fills the streets. Goverment and NASA officals are held responsible and draged from their offices and lynched in the streets. Chaos reigns supreem, until BOOM!! The End.

2) You tell the public nothing. Everyone goes on about their buisness as usual. And in the month or two prior to impact inwhich the comet/planet/star/whatever is visable in the sky, NASA asures the people that there is nothing to fear (for as long as possibly sustainable) until BOOM!! The End.

Anyone else notice the abundance of commercials for the Goverments Readiness Program. Ready.gov
Something tells me they know something is going to happen.
The Goverment's prepared. Are You?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SlyingFaucers
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Here's the math: 92,955,807 miles (1au) * 0.0004617 = 42917.6960919 miles.

Anyone:
Isnt the ISS only like 250 miles from earths surface?

Actually 219.35 miles. www.spacedaily.com...

link   
ya know the theory of this comet has been
expounded upon in this thread as either hitting
the space station or hitting earth,

BUT what are the projections for it hitting the moon?
or at least knocking the moon out of it's orbit.
That could also be a ELE.

Any info on that ???

link   

Originally posted by amaster
Let us all keep in mind that NASA is a goverment agency so any data or information that is released to the public is highly filtered. So to anyone who questions why, if an impact from Elenin is imminent, the public is not warned, I offer you two scenarios:

1) Disclose all imformation and data to the general public in regards to an oncoming impact of enough significance to potentially cause an E.L.E the moment it is discovered. At which point the entire global economy is crashed, massive riots and pandemonium fills the streets. Goverment and NASA officals are held responsible and draged from their offices and lynched in the streets. Chaos reigns supreem, until BOOM!! The End.

2) You tell the public nothing. Everyone goes on about their buisness as usual. And in the month or two prior to impact inwhich the comet/planet/star/whatever is visable in the sky, NASA asures the people that there is nothing to fear (for as long as possibly sustainable) until BOOM!! The End.

Anyone else notice the abundance of commercials for the Goverments Readiness Program. Ready.gov
Something tells me they know something is going to happen.
The Goverment's prepared. Are You?

Of course, let's just forget that NASA's influence on the astronomical community is minimal at best, and that they are not the end-all be-all when it comes to space and the objects in it.
edit on 15-4-2011 by NyxOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

...Then there are those few topics that do not need proof. What is the major difference? It is what you want to hear. The topics that can garner mass amounts of flags and stars, and the most attention, without any actual proof, are the Ultimate Conspiracies...

Sorry my friend, but proof is always, always needed in matters such as these.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by paearmor

I pointed this out on another thread, but have yet to receive a response so I will post it here. On the date of the Chile quake Elenin was far beyond the orbit of Jupiter. Now, the Sun, Earth, and Jupiter align on a regular basis and nothing happens. Therefore, Elenin must be much more massive than Jupiter to cause such an effect. However, we are not seeing any effect on the orbits of the planets or any other gravitational effects that would be expected with such a massive object. Furthermore, despite this object being much closer now it was only able to produce an earthquake with a similar magnitude to the Chile one in Japan. One would think that if this object could cause an 8.8 earthquake beyond the orbit of Jupiter that it would rip the world in half considering how close it is now. Also, why are we unable to see such a massive object? Amateur astronomers have looked where Elenin is supposed to be and found a comet. Then there's the fact that no alignments took place. On March 11th Elenin was below the orbits of the planets and was not lined up with the Earth and Sun.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
Here's the math: 92,955,807 miles (1au) * 0.0004617 = 42917.6960919 miles.

I don't get why they are concerned it will hit the ISS though?!?

The International Space Station is in a LEO that varies from 319.6 km (199 mi) to 346.9 km (216 mi) above the Earth's surface. That isn't even close to the math that was provided! Could it be covered in ice and as the ice gases off it changes the trajectory!? I have no idea why they would be worried. Please explain.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join