It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside info on comet Elenin (yes, you're being lied to)

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by nataylor

WOW!! this post is totally off topic, but " make every post count"... Bob.. I think you need a vacation... take a couple weeks on the beach and away from the PC, and comets and, and, and, and.... and from your "buddy" at NASA... peace

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Threadfall
I'm sure all the believers will rake my skeptical behind over the coals but I am very skeptical that we have the technology to even make such an assessment. That is a highly precise analysis of the comet's path, so fine in fact that the trajectory would be refined to the nearest meters or even less to make a prediction about whether or not it would hit the ISS. I think it is unlikely that we can track such relatively small and distant objects to such a degree of accuracy, but I admit that I'm not an astrophysicist.
edit on 18-4-2011 by Threadfall because: grammar

Correct. Right now, the calculated error for the close approach distance is +/- 18,730 km (on a distance of 34,977,599.2 km, or 0.05%).

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Right i dont know if its even possible, Basically is it possible the actual location is different to what we see, the other day i was reading the thread by blackpoison94 and they said:

Since 1850, astronomers had been baffled by the behaviour of Mercury. Why? Because it’s orbit didn’t obey Newton’s law, changing by a minute amount. Observations show that there was an error by a width of a pin at 300 paces. Einstein showed that general relativity could account for this because Mercury is quite deep in the gravity field of the sun.

Our star distorts space-time into a gravity

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
If I see one more person post that 1983 IRAS article as evidence, I am going to puke.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by daveyboy1991

gravity CAN cause a lense effect. certain galaxies can be used as a "lense" because of how gravity bends light.

not that any of this will matter in a few months, and having the last laugh over something like this would be psychotic to say the least. i'm not even asking anyone to believe me. you'll see it.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I used to know an old man. " If the river makes noise? It's because there is something in it".
He said this often.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

Bob - I believe you. I don't need the "proof" others who have commented "require". I have done my studying of "Elenin" (or whatever you want to call it - Nibiru, Planet X, Wormwood or whatever) as well as of Revelation, the Mayans, Hopis, and the whole 2012 phenomenon. I see major events happening on or about Sept 26, Oct 17, Nov 5 and Nov 24th of this year. I believe the destruction that will happen near these dates will effectively destroy the earth (as we know it), and leave it in shambles and chaos until the beginning of the New Age on the winter solstice in 2012.

What I want to know is, what kind of preparation(s) are YOU personally making for your family in advance of this/these event(s)? I think building a "survival" bunker is pointless, and I really don't want to be around for the aftermath, but think it would be prudent to at least try and prepare. I have felt for some time, before I found this thread, that something major would be happening this fall. Those who have felt the same way as me know what I'm talking about. Those who haven't, well I'm a paranoid, tinfoil-hat-wearing mofo. I'm not asking for any "belief" or support in what I think, so "debunkers" find another thread.

By the way I work in financial services, have for 20+ years. I know what's coming.

Thanks for your post

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I can not believe that people are so stupid to just live there lives in a fog. They just walk around around with the best car and the biggest house not even knowing whats coming. I just everyone who is not blinded by media and goverment lies prepares there souls

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Broncs453

Bob - I believe you. I don't need the "proof" others who have commented "require". I have done my studying of "Elenin" (or whatever you want to call it - Nibiru, Planet X, Wormwood or whatever) as well as of Revelation, the Mayans, Hopis, and the whole 2012 phenomenon. I see major events happening on or about Sept 26, Oct 17, Nov 5 and Nov 24th of this year. I believe the destruction that will happen near these dates will effectively destroy the earth (as we know it), and leave it in shambles and chaos until the beginning of the New Age on the winter solstice in 2012.

What I want to know is, what kind of preparation(s) are YOU personally making for your family in advance of this/these event(s)? I think building a "survival" bunker is pointless, and I really don't want to be around for the aftermath, but think it would be prudent to at least try and prepare. I have felt for some time, before I found this thread, that something major would be happening this fall. Those who have felt the same way as me know what I'm talking about. Those who haven't, well I'm a paranoid, tinfoil-hat-wearing mofo. I'm not asking for any "belief" or support in what I think, so "debunkers" find another thread.

By the way I work in financial services, have for 20+ years. I know what's coming.

Thanks for your post

Who needs actual, verifiable, testable proof when you have 'beliefs'?

Thank you, good sir, for summing up the mindset of every single believer of this tripe.

Very cute how you tell the debunkers to go away. Last I checked, you policed nothing.

At least you admit you're crazy. Admirable honesty.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by vettes101984

So people are supposed to do what? Stop living because something MIGHT happen? Go search out things they don't even know exist? Most people are too busy working and spending time with their families to sit and look up theories.

Besides, even if something huge was about to happen, what can anyone really do? We don't even know WHAT to prepare for..

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by McKey

Prepare for mass destruction of the earth and life as we know it, duh!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by thorazineshuffle

Has anyone mentioned ISS = 911 in numerology? Could be advance warning code for those in the know! Just thinking outside the box.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
There have been about three dozen "end of the world" proclamations in the past few years on this site.

Maybe about 24 claims that the governments would "disclose alien" activity, space ships, fashion tips.

What annoys me, is the constant "you can't handle the truth!" hollers at anyone saying; "how about some proof?"

Sure, a large object from space will eventually hit earth. Sure, or government is lying to us. But if everyone acted upon every imagined threat -- they'd be curled up on the floor in fetal position.

>> So, how about some consideration for the REAL "SKY IS FALLING" EVENT, by not asking people to "apply belief" or be one of those "sheeple"?

I think if the OP would promise to pay everyone who is a bit skeptical, $10 if the doomsday event fails to happen and all of us skeptics pay the OP $10 if it does happen -- these things would have a way of limiting the signal to noise ratio.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by heineken

Are you lying, or just woefully uninformed?:

www.amication.de...

That link was back just ONE page!!! Seems if people would actually read threads for a change, a whole lot of MIS-information would not be disseminated so readily.....

Are you lying, or just woefully uninformed?:

and you have been starred for that

by the same bunch of puftis i presume..nyxone etc..

i only said that comet elenin is only a distraction from the real coming threat of Solar Cycle 24...

there is nothing wrong with Elenin..but many are trying to make it look like something important

I BELIEVE ELENIN EXISTS..I BELIEVE ITS ONLY A COMET...I BELIEVE THERE IS NO THREAT WHAT SO EVER

BUT

I BELIEVE THEY ARE USING IT TO DISTRACT PEOPLE FROM THE REAL THREAT

so i am not lying nor misinformed..

now if you are a real man and not just a fat depressed fak behind the monitor ..apologize

edit on 19-4-2011 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Oh, OK..........

i only said that comet elenin is only a distraction from the real coming threat of Solar Cycle 24...

I BELIEVE ELENIN EXISTS..I BELIEVE ITS ONLY A COMET...I BELIEVE THERE IS NO THREAT WHAT SO EVER

Great!! Agreed, Elenin is (like all before it) no threat...of course.

But, "distraction"??

Ummmmmm....if you read through these ATS "ChickenLittle" doomsday threads, looks like the only "distraction" going on certainly isn't from the actual scientific sources.

....there is nothing wrong with Elenin..but many are trying to make it look like something important ....

Yes, it seems those "many" want it to look "important"....but, not as any distraction from any "Solar Cycle" (THAT itself is but more unnecessary hand-waving....feeds into the same irrational fears as these comet fear-mongers).

No.....the ones making a "big deal" out of Elenin are the numbskulls who take the man's name and try to make an acronym out of it....who just can't wait it seems until 2012, so this is a golden opportunity to fear monger early, etc. They want to steer WEB TRAFFIC to their idiotic doomsday sites....etc, etc.

LOOK at this thread's title, for instance!!!

Its very premise is to lay the claim that "TPTB" --- in the form of "evil, evil deceptive NASA"
--- have "lied" about the "true danger" that Elenin "poses".....etc, etc.....

SO.....who is causing the "distractions", again???

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

listen pal..

I'm after the truth only...

we have to admit that Comet Elenin's Story went way out of hand..

i dont even recall how it became such an important topic being such a miniscule stone with no threat to Earth what so ever..

the only thing i can see that makes this special is that it was the first discovered by the Russians since 20yrs.which still dont explains the fact how it became such a tabloid

whould it have been if let say it was the first discovered from a OCngo's observatory..i dont know..

i think there was a big misunderstanding since its trajectory and close approach values have been changed many times since its discovery..

maybe they released its information too early since the russians were happy to find it..

Also a Facebook page popped up..i couldnt find any more facebook pages like that for a small tiny irrelevant comet

also it was very hard to find any pictures either those from NASA sources..

thinking about it..i now believe that you are right about the fact that the Scientific community is not the one to blame since things got out of hand with Youtube, ATS, GLP and NAZA Buzz room

Also we have to admit that to date..2011 was a hell of a year...and people are trying to find an explanation for what is unfolding

but trust me on this one...

i wish comet elenin's case is closed immediately and we all focus on the REAL threat..

There is huge evidence next Solar Cycle is related to the 1859 Super Solar Storm...
The Sun's activity was lowest since 150 years...we know that every hundred years or so the solar cycle goes to extreme...

and we have to add to the 1859 solar storm the giant breach discovered in the magnetosphere

and the fact that now humans rely only on electricity which is vulnerable to the Sun's fury

this aint no Planet X theory..no Maya..no Nostradamus..

SUN THREAT IS REAL

i suspect that the X-Flare in the 9th..caught our defence on its knees ..unleashing the powerful Japan EQ on the 11th..the day it hit Earth

i have been totally honest with you..hope you appreciate

P.S. - Dont judge my on my english...i know its worst than justin beiber's songs..but my native language (maltese) is completely different..and sometimes i find it hard to express myself well

"Ezemplu car kemm il lingwa taghna il Maltin hija haq listra differenti minn taghkom.." ...i told you its different

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

I have seen plenty of media stories about the potential of a Solar event to disrupt our technology. Much like the build up to "Y2K", this awareness has led to steps being taken, systems looked at, to (hopefully) better protect them, if possible. And mitigate effects.

But.....Solar radiation and earthquakes??? That is tending into "Quackery Land"....

The seismic instability along the Pacific Ocean's "Ring of Fire" is well-known......this is a function purely of the forces at play within our very, very geologically active planet. (Although.....there certainly could possibly be some interesting study into whether or not the Moon's gravitational field can also affect the Earth's crust sufficiently to "encourage" movement, and be a "trigger"....since it DOES cause our tidal action).

The Sun, however....as far as ITS gravity, although incredibly more massive, is also proportionately farther away. The radiation energies from it just aren't on a level to have "physical" effects.....they will tend to affect electronics, mostly.

I found this interesting Q & A (an Internet search will likely uncover more info)----

(the question):

"What could be the worst damages in a very bad solar flare, but a solar flare thats likely to happen in the next couple years with the solar maximum, like a really high x class, what could happen on earth? If nasa or noaa knew about this happening, would they tell everyone, if they would, what would we have to do to be safe from the flare, would they announce a national emergency?

thank so much
"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(the answer):

There are really two questions here. How much damage could a solar flare do on earth? Not much, most of the power lines are now protected, and use of short wave radio frequencies that will be most disrupted has been decreasing for decades.

As for satellites, a big flare can puff up the thermosphere and cause them to deorbit early. However, during the recent quiet sun period, the opposite has happened, so it would average out.

The other possibility though is called a coronal mass ejection (CME). These are associated with solar flares, and if an X class flare caused a CME headed toward Earth it could do a lot more damage to satellites (and humans) in orbit, to communications and to power distribution. Since the CME does not travel at the speed of light, it arrives at the Earth (if it is headed in that direction) one to five days after it leaves the sun.

On 1 September 1859 there was a huge disruption in the Earth's magnetic field. This is thought to be the biggest CME to hit the Earth in recent history. Of course there was no radio, no television, no artificial satellites, and no long range electric transmission. So the only damage was to some telegraph cables.

A CME of that size and speed (it arrived the same day as the associated flare) hitting the Earth today would be on the order of a billion dollars or so.

If a large CME were to be detected approaching earth, the space station would be evacuated, which would be a significant fraction of the total cost. (The radiation would approach or exceed the LD50 dose for humans.) Putting astronauts in orbit is expensive, and some experiments on the space station would be ruined if left unsupervised--especially since there would probably be breakers blown, etc. on the space station.

www.physicsforums.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

There are really two questions here. How much damage could a solar flare do on earth? Not much, most of the power lines are now protected, and use of short wave radio frequencies that will be most disrupted has been decreasing for decades.

what we must fear the most are not the power cables..but the power grid it self..even if shut down it can be damaged

But.....Solar radiation and earthquakes??? That is tending into "Quackery Land".... The seismic instability along the Pacific Ocean's "Ring of Fire" is well-known......this is a function purely of the forces at play within our very, very geologically active planet. (Although.....there certainly could possibly be some interesting study into whether or not the Moon's gravitational field can also affect the Earth's crust sufficiently to "encourage" movement, and be a "trigger"....since it DOES cause our tidal action).

It has not yet been ruled out relationship between Solar Flares and EQ's...we know that Japan EQ happened close to a tectonic plate with seismic instability...but since plates move upon magma..and magma is magnetically charged..it may be possible to be effected by strong X-Flares...considering also the fact that our shields are down..with a breach 3 times the size of Earth in the magnetosphere

On 1 September 1859 there was a huge disruption in the Earth's magnetic field. This is thought to be the biggest CME to hit the Earth in recent history. Of course there was no radio, no television, no artificial satellites, and no long range electric transmission. So the only damage was to some telegraph cables.

they mentioned no power grids..aik!!!!!

Experts have release documents that such a Storm could damage power grids for weeks..months..or even years!!!...

Civilization as we know it would end just after 1 week with no electricity and water...this is a fact

----------------------------------

My friend...

we are drifting out of topic though and its not fair for the OP..

i will soon make a new thread since i'm releasing a YT vid soon..by tomorrow..if you want..i will U2U you so that you may participate in the debate..

hope to see you there

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by NyxOne

he is a fraud, a fake and well, simply not someone who should be worshipped.

simply put

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Broncs453

Thanks for your post

1. not all wearing tin-hats are mofos..

2. i love life....my life is full of people i love and for which i care for...i yes..i have prepared..and i am still preparing..because i dont want to be caught off guard..

3. My preparation?

a) I turned into a healthy bastard..

IF SOMETHING HAPPENS : i am the fittest ever in my life, i can endour hours walking, hunting...i'm strong

IF NOTHING HAPPENS : my gf likes my preparation..so it will still be fine

b ) Me and My friends have an emergency plan which includes

- We know were to go..Rabat in Malta is the highest place..loads of good fertile soil
- we are a group of 22 of which , 1 is dentist, 12 hunt for a hobby, 1 works for agriculture and knows a lot about fertilizers when to plant something etc
- We have 2 ammo machines and plenty of rifles

c) The only thing we bought are 2 small machines (hand operated) which turn sea water into drinkable water...we spent only 185 Euros between all of us.

2012 or not..we could always wake up one day together with some super volcano or a new too late discovered comet..

and i firmly believe we could be in for a beating from next solar max

so..does anyone thinks i did wrong taking some precautions??

as one poster said previously..NASA is only 1% of the budget of 100 + countries in the world...you cannot rely only on them

Edit to Add..Rabat :

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join