It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside info on comet Elenin (yes, you're being lied to)

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by bookmandh2
There have been several posts recently regarding Comet Elenin, it's debatable existence, trajectory, etc. One such claim is that Comet Elenin will be closest to the Earth on October 19th. Some have speculated that it may be a few days before or after this date.
The closest approach to Earth will be October 16th, at 19:56 UTC, +/- 4 minutes.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I'm not disputing your date. I'm just saying there were people on here saying March 15 was going to be the day that the shtf because of this comet everyone keep's talking about. And then it was March 31st.

I looked again and it seems I have my comet's mixed up. They seem to be talking about a different Comet than what I remembered. If we get hit by a comet it's light's out anyhow so it really doesn't matter.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by JerryB08

Oh it's definitely real and it's big. The MSM had pictures of it. There was also a company called "deep Impact" that launched two rockets at it to supposedly find out the make up of the comet. That happened in 2005. In the picture you could see the impact area because it was very smooth and the rest of the comet's not. However they were saying that it's closest pass was in April 22 million miles away or something like that. The name of the company that launched the experiment has a site up about their mission gjust Google it. THAT bother's me. That we shot at this thing twice already (6 years ago) and the name of the company happens to be named Deep Impact like the movie. And also in the movie the comet that hit earth was called ELI I think. Kinda makes ya go Hmm. But I'm still skeptical. Everyone was saying in March it was gonna mess us up then. And then nothing happened AGAIN. lol

Deep Impact was a NASA/JPL mission sent to comet 9P/Tempel, an entirely different comet than Elenin. 9P/Tempel was hit not with a rocket, but a kinetic impactor made of copper. Later, the Deep Impact spacecraft made a flyby of comet 103P/Hartley (again, an enitrely different comet than Elenin).

So no, this comet hasn't been "shot at" twice. It was only discovered in December of 2010.
edit on 18-4-2011 by nataylor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoinquirer

you'll know before it gets here if it will hit, or be close enough to worry about. by nasa's official trajectory, you will probably need binoculars to see it. so if you can see it with your naked eye very visibly prior to its passing, you'll know nasa is bsing you.

i believe someone posted a vid on here about a meteor that came very close to hitting earth a few months ago. it was on the news AFTER it had missed. if it had hit us, i believe i remember the news people saying it would have hit with the force of 1000 nuclear bombs. no evacuations were issued, no warnings. and it was much, much smaller than elenin. right there you can see nasa's policy on disclosing information of this nature.

i tried to get more from my source, its kind of complicated, but i doubt i will get more from that avenue.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by JerryB08

I think those dates were being thrown about, due people getting exitable over certain line ups with the comet/planets. IIRC. I have no idea wether or not there were alliengments or not, I've not really been paying much attention.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by ufoinquirer

you'll know before it gets here if it will hit, or be close enough to worry about. by nasa's official trajectory, you will probably need binoculars to see it. so if you can see it with your naked eye very visibly prior to its passing, you'll know nasa is bsing you.

i believe someone posted a vid on here about a meteor that came very close to hitting earth a few months ago. it was on the news AFTER it had missed. if it had hit us, i believe i remember the news people saying it would have hit with the force of 1000 nuclear bombs. no evacuations were issued, no warnings. and it was much, much smaller than elenin. right there you can see nasa's policy on disclosing information of this nature.

i tried to get more from my source, its kind of complicated, but i doubt i will get more from that avenue.

THANK YOU

this helps a lot.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

There have been numerous near-earth objects that weren't discovered until after past the point of closest approach. That doesn't mean any information was withheld.

The orbit for Elenin is published. For it to come as close to Earth as you suggest, it would already have to be deviating significantly from the published orbit. It would be readily apparent that the actual position does not match the position as indicated by the published orbit.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Check out this article:
www.foxnews.com...

It's from Fox News and says an asteroid is going to come very close to the earth November 8. I thought that was very coincidental since that's EXACTLY the date the earth is supposed to go through the debris field of comet (or whatever it is) elenin according to elenin.org. I'm just really amazed that this is in the main stream media. Anyone else connecting the dots? Are they saying this so people won't panic about what's really happening?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
But the space staion is absolutely minute compared to the amount of possible space that the comet could go through. The chances of it hitting a tiny space station are miniscule to say the least. I call bull# on this.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by waybehind
Check out this article:
www.foxnews.com...

It's from Fox News and says an asteroid is going to come very close to the earth November 8. I thought that was very coincidental since that's EXACTLY the date the earth is supposed to go through the debris field of comet (or whatever it is) elenin according to elenin.org. I'm just really amazed that this is in the main stream media. Anyone else connecting the dots? Are they saying this so people won't panic about what's really happening?
What dots are you connecting? Asteroid 2005 YU55 and comet Elenin are in vastly different orbits and were discovered some 5 years apart.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Sorry - hence my username - "waybehind" - I'm trying to catch up here and I really appreciate this website and all of your insight. I'm learning alot and trying to prepare on short notice!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nataylor

nasa actively seeks to find objects that could collide with earth in a very bad way. saying that they discovered it "after" it passed is their version of plausible deniability. who wants to hear "we'll we knew it was coming and that it potentially could have hit us, but we didn't want to scare millions of people" nevermind that they would be dead. and to be fair, you can't evacuate millions of people based on a small chance, however, you should provide them with the information so they can make up their own minds.

i've heard estimates on elenin's orbit ranging from a few thousand years to over half a million, that is an extremely steep parabola, you could change it an imperceptible distance from our perspective, and alter its orbital time by thousands to tens of thousands of years. i wouldn't be suprised if nasa as a much more precise window, but again, plausible deniablity "with such a (possibly) large orbit period, our estimation on how close it would pass was just a guess"

those statements aren't so far fetched. i've heard it claimed that amature astronomers have "nasa-like capabilities" now that is some bs. some guy using a small telescope in his backyard may be able to see elenin, but its highly doubtful they would have the skills and equipment to measure such a steep parabola (i say parabola because it is very possible elenin has never orbited even once)
edit on 18-4-2011 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
That asteroid a few months ago was the size of a house. Why is NASA responsible for detecting everything in space, NASA represents less than 1% of the federal budget of one country out of 195 countries on earth! What the hell are all of the other countries doing?

NASA also released a few months ago that it detected and plotted an artificial body passing by earth's orbit, it was determined it was a spent rocket stage, something that could possibly fit in a house. Now that's pretty impressive.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

i've heard estimates on elenin's orbit ranging from a few thousand years to over half a million, that is an extremely steep parabola, you could change it an imperceptible distance from our perspective, and alter its orbital time by thousands to tens of thousands of years. i wouldn't be suprised if nasa as a much more precise window, but again, plausible deniablity "with such a (possibly) large orbit period, our estimation on how close it would pass was just a guess"

those statements aren't so far fetched. i've heard it claimed that amature astronomers have "nasa-like capabilities" now that is some bs. some guy using a small telescope in his backyard may be able to see elenin, but its highly doubtful they would have the skills and equipment to measure such a steep parabola (i say parabola because it is very possible elenin has never orbited even once)
you don't seem to understand how orbits are calculated. The orbit that NASA has calculated is based on many observations, some from amateur astronomers. By plotting its position over time, you can devise the orbital path that intersects with the previous observations. It's not a guess. The calculated error on the time of closest approach is just 4 minutes.

There are several ways you could modify Elenin's orbital elements so it would pass more closely to Earth. But all produce substantial variations in Elenin's current position that would be instantly apparent, with an ever growing deviation from the published orbit. You could never keep that kind of secret.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Comet Elenin and the brown dwarf 12th planet are both being hidden from us.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrdoSeclorum
Comet Elenin and the brown dwarf 12th planet are both being hidden from us.

Interesting, seeing as the former is being seen and has been seen by astronomers, and we would see the latter if it existed.

You know, as it tore our solar system up and planets were ripped from their orbits.

But that's just a slight inconvenience, I'm certain.
edit on 18-4-2011 by NyxOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OrdoSeclorum

How can a brown dwarf be a planet? Furthermore, how can there be a large mass object in the solar system when the orbits of the planets are not being affected and whole sky surveys have turned up nothing? The only reason the Tyche hypothesis is being entertained at all is because it would be at least 25,000 AU away and never come close to the orbits of the other planets.
edit on 18-4-2011 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Was reading about Nibiru and came across this link because of the IRAS telescope NASA put up in 1983 that took an all sky survey. And they claimed at first to have found another planet with an orbit that went out and into our solar system then later said there was no such object. Anyway, this site was on the website and if you search NIBIRU it will find it for you and you can see the image in several different wavelengths like Infared, Microwave, etc.

wikisky.org

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by waybehind

The object shown on there is a minor star in the Leo Constellation lightyears away. As it is a wiki site people can edit the names of objects. This particular object has been renamed a few times and isn't even currently named Nibiru.

As for the 1983 IRAS data, NASA is not the one who was discussing these objects. It was researchers from a number of universities. In 1985 and 1987 the lead researcher from this initial journal article released two follow-up articles where the IRAS objects were identified as nine ultra-luminous galaxies and an infrared cirrus.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I'm sure all the believers will rake my skeptical behind over the coals but I am very skeptical that we have the technology to even make such an assessment. That is a highly precise analysis of the comet's path, so fine in fact that the trajectory would be refined to the nearest meters or even less to make a prediction about whether or not it would hit the ISS. I think it is unlikely that we can track such relatively small and distant objects to such a degree of accuracy, but I admit that I'm not an astrophysicist.
edit on 18-4-2011 by Threadfall because: grammar

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join