It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside info on comet Elenin (yes, you're being lied to)

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

Assuming your info is correct & assuming the math presented (by another) is correct, this places the comet more than 4,000 miles away from the surface of the earth. Your claiming your source is worried comet Elenin impacting the ISS. Do you know how far "up" (for lack of a better term), in miles, the ISS is? I do, and it's not 4,000+ miles. How do you account for the discrepancy? I assume physics will play a role in their (Elenin & the ISS) interaction? How?

Further, you assert the "intelligent" sounding people on YouTube disagree with your inside source & you claim their account creation is an obvious indicator of their 'dis-info'. Is that the most likely scenario, or is it possible that people who actually know what their talking about saw complete rubbish being posted, realized the unwarrented alarm it was causing and created an account to try and interject actual knowledge into the conversation?

Lastly, have you considered the ramifications(s) of your conspiracy? Who's censoring information? To what end? Why? How is this information being kept from thousands of amateur astronomers, or are they in on it too? If "they" are so powerful as to control virtually everything, why would they care if the information came out? Who are "they"?

Look, speculation is fun. It is. I enjoy the 'what if' conversations here. I'm not trying to throw cold water on the fun. When the conversation veers from fun speculation to insane conspiracy, I object.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mlk1974

And this just shows the problem with a lot of these conspiracy theories. The comet doesn't have a 3600 year orbit. This was never stated by any expert. However, because someone on here or on a blog claims that it has a 3600 year orbit it suddenly becomes fact to all the believers even though they are never able to provide a source for their claims.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
well, since the lack of amateur astronomers posting any pictures or info on this thing, I think it's rather stupid to claim the amateur astronomers around the world" as a back-up source that there is no need for worries here.

But go ahead, I challenge anyone to post links to some "amateur astronomer blogs" WITH new pictures of this thing. Please.

Until someone does, we might just go with the inside source aswell as any other info/disinfo about this comet/spaceship/brown dwarf/nibiru/pile of poo.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by reef75

Here you go. Chad made a very nice thread providing links to plenty of pictures of Elenin taken within the last month or so.

Not another Elenin thread!? [Now with pics!]

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Correct! That's one critical, fatal flaw. The second critical, fatal flaw is this: CT'ers will absolutely pour over information that only confirms (or seems to) their preconceived, predetermined outcomes. To them, this is research. What they fail to realize is that, outside of the realm of laymen, real research includes the body of work that does not agree with the hypothesis being tested. Research involves actual data creation, not simply restating opinions or data that reflect the wanted conclusion.

This is why, when you get to the meet of the nut, most CT claims are nothing but an echo chamber based on something 'someone' said. If your actually able to chase down sourcing (very rare) for CT claims, they typically stop at the same place they started: with the CT'ers themselves.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I would agree with that ,
I'd say that over 70% of what is posted on this site pertaining to
topics like this are bunk. One has to begin weeding an article immediately
and often there is nothing plausible to the story once you pick out the junk.
It is not different with the UFO and the Predictions forums or for many others for that matter.
we have many "theorists" on this site that try to push their ideas as fact.
Elenin, may very well be nothing,. and we dont have very long to find out.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
as a hard core CTer..i say that proudly by the way

this is one of those therories that i just say, hmmm about.
as it as been said many times on this subject alot of the info is just rehashing what little has already been said. somebody else will start a thread based on something they read which was already talked about in numerous threads and it is basically all the same info but the posters have not bothered to read stuff so they think and present the info as new and ground breaking.

one of the things that keeps me looking is the JPL animation stuff..unless that is just a hoax. it does show trajectory and alignments..now one can take whatever they want out of those but according to JPL....there is something heading this way and has and will make more alignments, does not look like it will hit but should be a nice meteor shower at the least. and something to ponder...if nothing happens in oct 2011 or dec 2012..the cry of 'the sky if falling, the world will end' has happened one or two or ten times too many....nobody will ever listen again.....

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

You should be able to see it with binoculars. This isn't like Halley though where all you have to do is walk outside and look up.

I couldnt see Halleys without binocculars but I could see Hale-Bopp as clearly as I could see the moon. It was an awsome sight!

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

Sure
If any of this were true money would not be worth the paper its printed on.
Gimme a break. In an ELE money or location wont matter.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

You are not a scientist.
If you are then you're a poor one. Or you're what we call in italian families Thick headed. Meaning you are stubborn or refuse to see logic.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

Then You'd better get your source in on your actions and have him reveal himself to us with credentials so we know where he is coming from. Big whoop if you get kicked off. You can open a new account under another name with a new e mail address. Outcast?? Really, thats your big concern? Shunned by the space cadettes. I include myself in that catagory.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Just some bits and pieces to add to or support the discussion...

*** Comet 2010 X1 (Elenin) will pass ~0.027 AU from the STEREO-B spacecraft on the 25th July, 2011 (alternately up to Aug. 5). Stereo-B being the second solar phenomena/Earth observatory of the two Stereo-A and B observatories. Stereo-B trails behind Earth in our orbit. While it looks like the comet is not projected to directly hit the observatory there are indications that the observatory will travel through the comet's tail. I would like to see the photos from that. Then we will know just exactly what it is that is visiting us so closely.

*** Some excellent moving images of the comet including actual photography. www.amication.de...

*** From all current indications it doesn't look like this comet will impact Earth. Obviously it is worth monitoring.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by operation mindcrime

yes, i assume it is. what i said in the op is what my source told me. thats all. i'm not an expert on any of this. i'm presenting you with what i know.

"YOU know about the comet elenin?!?, nasa is worried it will hit the space station"

Riddle me this....if the comet is going to be so close that it might hit the ISS, wouldn't your "source" have said they are worried it will hit earth? I mean, forget the ISS...if it gets close enough to be a risk to a space station, the earths gravitational pull will draw it into the atmosphere, correct? So why the F would they care about the ISS?!

Because that was their Bug Out spot!

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by amongus

reply to post by operation mindcrime

yes, i assume it is. what i said in the op is what my source told me. thats all. i'm not an expert on any of this. i'm presenting you with what i know.

"YOU know about the comet elenin?!?, nasa is worried it will hit the space station"

Riddle me this....if the comet is going to be so close that it might hit the ISS, wouldn't your "source" have said they are worried it will hit earth? I mean, forget the ISS...if it gets close enough to be a risk to a space station, the earths gravitational pull will draw it into the atmosphere, correct? So why the F would they care about the ISS?!

Because that was their Bug Out spot!

And/or they really don't give a sh@t about Earth or life. They spent a lot of money in regards to that station.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by silversight

OK....

Comet 2010 X1 (Elenin) will pass ~0.027 AU from the STEREO-B spacecraft ...

Fine. 0.027 AU. One AU is ~93,000,000 miles.
(Okay...technically defined as 92,956,000 miles. I rounded up. In kilometers, 149,600,000).

So....simple math shows that the "0.027 AU" is about 2,500,000 miles. Two and a half million. Miles.

Roughly ten times the distance from Earth to the Moon. In astronomical terms, sure it's close....a "near miss" (or "near hit", if you prefer). But certainly nothing ot "worry" about.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by silversight

OK....

Comet 2010 X1 (Elenin) will pass ~0.027 AU from the STEREO-B spacecraft ...

Fine. 0.027 AU. One AU is ~93,000,000 miles.
(Okay...technically defined as 92,956,000 miles. I rounded up. In kilometers, 149,600,000).

So....simple math shows that the "0.027 AU" is about 2,500,000 miles. Two and a half million. Miles.

Roughly ten times the distance from Earth to the Moon. In astronomical terms, sure it's close....a "near miss" (or "near hit", if you prefer). But certainly nothing ot "worry" about.

I hope it does come close and sweeps past stratigacaly dropping deadly debri directly onto Rothschilds evil old head.

I hope it does come close and sweeps past stratigicaly dropping deadly debri directly onto Rothschilds evil old head
edit on 17-4-2011 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

"these are my calculations, but I've revised the 0.24AU's down to 0.0004617 AU's on 21.42pm 16th Oct 2011 (pretty god dam close!)"

It's very coincidental that at the exact time you quote above the comet is traveling at exactly 0.0004617 KM/s relative to the observer

0.23282609309748 -0.0022530 72.8265 /L 93.6947
2011-Oct-16 21:40 08 59 39.20 +24 36 40.8 6.93 13.04 0.23282609237538 -0.0013481 72.8296 /L 93.6916
2011-Oct-16 21:41 08 59 38.61 +24 36 43.6 6.93 13.04 0.23282609201620 -0.0004432 72.8326 /L 93.6885
2011-Oct-16 21:42 08 59 38.03 +24 36 46.4 6.93 13.04 0.23282609201989 0.0004617 72.8357 /L 93.6854
2011-Oct-16 21:43 08 59 37.44 +24 36 49.3 6.93 13.04 0.23282609238649 0.0013666 72.8387 /L 93.6823
2011-Oct-16 21:44 08 59 36.85 +24 36 52.1 6.93 13.04 0.23282609311598 0.0022714 72.8418 /L 93.6792

It sounds to me like this thread spawned your info. Apologies if already posted but I did read the 1st 25 pages or so.....

www.cloudynights.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Well I don't know this was posted in this thread, another question we have to ask is, does Leonid Elenin exist. Is he a real person? Can we answer the question with "YES", then all these name decodings would be already debunked.

iasc.hsutx.edu...

The information from the OP sound quite vague to me. I am not a believer in "doom due Elenin". In another thread was mentioned, that its trajectory already became farther away from earth. No need to worry.

Btw, when the end comes close, do you really think the elite can just keep their mouth shut and silently hide in underground facilities? So only we average guys got struck by whatever and they resurface when its over.

Ever thought about all the nuclear plants? What would happen to them, when they half destroyed keep on boiling and polluting the whole planet with radiation? Just got a great example with Fukushima. When the elite wants to stay on this planet, there is no other choice than informing the world and prepare the planet.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Let's take the conspiracy theorists folks at face value for a second. Here is where I actually agree with them

Picture if you will a comet headed for Earth that will destroy mankind as we know it.

The only way to bring attention to this comet is to call NASA. Let's say NASA says, "we know about it and it's a mankind killer. Total and complete destruction of the world as we know it"

Then NASA says, "but if you say nothing then you can get a seat in the cave for cowards." The cave for cowards is underground lingo for all the astronomers who keep quiet about the end of the world.

I have to be honest. If the government told me my family and me would be safe then I too would keep quiet.

However, me being the skeptic that I am. It wouldn't be a shock to me if the government lied and I was left to defend for myself.
'

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I guess it doesn't bother you that every other day we have a near miss.

I'd rather them redefined what a near miss is. To me, a near miss is something we need to wring our hands about.

Personally, I think its just the government getting us use to near misses. That way, when the big one shows up we won't freak out. We will think it will skip off the atomosphere like all the rest have done.

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join