It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside info on comet Elenin (yes, you're being lied to)

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Video link not working.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Sorry....that video is a load of rubbish!!

First, the opening.....pure deception there.....the military man is just some stock footage, added in from some other event, not even related....I mean, how ridiculous is that? It is insulting the intelligence of the viewer.

At around the 3 minute mark (just after the absolutely irrelevant "comparison" to a completely fictional MOVIE!!) is some text saying that six years a go the comet "aligned" with the Earth and Sun!! Yet, it has the nifty computer animation showing NO SUCH THING!!! This comet is approaching from well "above" the plane of the ecliptic....it "aligns" with nothing.

Even more laughable, it then tries to suggest that this teeny, tiny conglomeration of ice and rock, when it was FARTHER AWAY THAN MARS (!!) somehow "affected" the Earth??? Causing quakes???

I am truly sorry that anyone gives these silly claims the least bit of attention, without realizing how stupid they are. This is a creative, imaginative and completely scientifically BOGUS video, on all counts. Only needed to see the first few minutes to see it for a piece of junk, needless fear-mongering and foolishness.

edit on 16 April 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
I'm going to keep this short, but sweet. I have some inside info on elenin and its trajectory. NASA is worried that comet elenin will hit, (yes, physically collide with), the International Space Station (the exact phrasing was "nasa space station"). This means the official .24 au passing distance is a lie. It also explains the media silence. Most comets recieve large, global news coverage. "Haley's comet" is a household name, why not Elenin?

The ISS is not some large, helpless target:

The incident does raise a question, however: How does the ISS change its orbit, and how quickly could it do so in an emergency?

The station is equipped with a set of 220-pound gyroscopes—stainless steel flywheels that rotate 6,600 times per minute. At least two of these are needed to produce the torque that keeps the station holding the proper attitude without having to waste propellant.

But this kind of tweaking isn't enough to push the ISS into a different orbit. For that, good old-fashioned thrust is needed.

The station has a couple of options for boosting its orbit. Every so often, while unmanned Russian Progress supply ships are docked to the station, their thrusters are fired. To move the ISS safely, Progress' eight engines pulse in a pattern that pushes their thrust evenly through the station's center of gravity.

There are times, though, when no Progress is attached. In that case, thrusters on the Russian Zvezda service module, one of the first large pieces attached to the facility in 2000, could be used. The Zvezda engines haven't been fired in six years, but a test is expected by year's end, says Jack Bacon, a systems integration engineer on the ISS program. Redundancy is part of the ISS modus operandi. "We always have a plan for a reboost," he says. "We never leave ourselves exposed."

www.airspacemag.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

i tend to agree with that. although...if you go to spaceobs, his replies seem so steriotypically russian, it seems forced. anyone else notice? maybe its because he is russian. maybe its an over done act.

at any rate, anyone can take any word or series of numbers and make them line up with what they want to be true. in the end whether or not he is real, or his name actually stands for "extinction level event" changes nothing

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I watched the video and it almost scared me until the man did a sales pitch for silver. That makes me suspicious of motives. If the end is coming, what is the point of silver and gold.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

This comet is approaching from well "above" the plane of the ecliptic....it "aligns" with nothing.

edit on 16 April 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

Excuse me,Where do you get that from? Back up the Jpl animation, to around December when this guy apparently found it from New Mexico. For starters you can have a 2d alignment!!! The JPL software also shows in 3d.Once you pull it back you can clearly see,That Elenin IS coming from Below the ecliptic plane.Its entry is below and as well you can see that after it makes the turn, it's exit will be above the plane. The angle is so shallow for its path.I wanna know how he seen this thing from New Mexico??
edit on 16-4-2011 by Mister1k because: wasn't finished

Check them against the JPL.
February 27th 2010 Chile Magnitude 8.8
September 4th 2010 Canterbury magnitude 7.1
March 11th 2011 Japan Magnitude 9.0

edit on 16-4-2011 by Mister1k because: just addinng

September 27th 2011

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

I found this same article while trying to figure out how often the ISS changes it's orbit. But this article is too old and I can't seem to find any information on the last time the orbit was shifted. In this post from page 31:
Cudafox post
he says his source told him that they are having to adjust the orbit every month now because of debris. Does anyone know of any website that has archived graphics showing the orbit of ISS up til today?

If they are indeed easing the ISS closer to earth,It would be very interesting to see if the path has made a noticeable change in the last few months. I just obviously don't know what to look for, cause I can't find what I'm looking for!

edit on 4/16/11 by jennybee35 because: spelling and clarity!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mister1k

Where do you get that from?

The animation at 1:00 in "Unity's" video from YouTube.....

Sure looks to be "above" (in the sense that North is "up" conventionally). The orbits of the planets in the animated view indicate "North Up" to me, based on the orbital directions. The blue line denoting the Comet's trajectory is coming form "above".

Plus....there is the JPL animated link....much better, interactive and in 3-D.....you can rotate and skew your viewpoint, for a better idea of the three dimensions of the thing. In THAT one you can see that as Elenin comes around, after looping the Sun, and re-crosses our orbit, it is STILL "above" us.....

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Hey, lets say that there is a comet heading for earth that will hit an ocean close to land?

So what? Is there anything you can do about it? No.

What about your life, is there anything you should be doing or should now stop doing to put things right? If your life is about to end, are you sure there's no God? etc etc etc. Ah, some will say "but if I knew I can put things right" which they could. But why not live in a way there is no need to put anything right becuase really you could die in the next hour anyway. No, if we need a warning to put things right, we aren't living right in the first place.

In the end, if a comet is coming for an impact (which it isn't... I'll put US$600,000 on it), so what? What should we do, panic and go out on the streets and riot and kill people just becuase the consequences wont apply? And if it was, a government keeping it quiet is better anyway which will stop so much panic.

Why are people so damn stupid in expecting to know everything before it happens.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

. Youre right Dude, I was getting Yah know by Jupiter's orbit. Got it It s slightly above entry and exit.MY bad

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Hey, i can make up stories too. Oh, i already did in another post. Now where did i put that E.T, i could swear i put him in the closet along with the 3 orbs he was juggling. Where is the evidence, without it , it a hoax. I call hoax here.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
It is kind of funny not really any media coverage of this comet is being aired? I have read so many articles about elenin and nibiru, tyche and all the ones stating people are just making it all up, and there is nothing to fear from any of this, but I do find it interesting that this comet elenins path is pretty similar to the path of nibiru and of course the 3600 yr orbit is also strange, and with all the natural disasters here lately, something just doesnt seem right? I agree that if the govt knew of a pending calamity, they would likely wait til the last minute to tell the public, as people would no longer go to work and many would no longer obey laws, general panic, etc, but at what point do they have the obligation to let us know something is going to happen very soon?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
for someone not into astronomy, when and where will this comet hit?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nonchalant
Heres a good animation I found showing how close we get to the comet www.curtrenz.com...

My concern is more with what do we hit in the path of the comet

OMG I dunno how many times I have to say this....

Everyone knows that When the Earth passes trough the tail and debris field of a Comet, A Zombie Apocalypse begins...

True.. !!

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
The unfortunate thing is, by time we get through Sept/Oct/Nov and NOTHING catastrophic happens with Elenin, we'll only be a month away from 2012 and the hysteria surrounding that will be at a fever pitch, so no one will pay any attention to the doomsayers who were wrong about the dangers of Elenin.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ZarbeMomin

it is happening right now.

you gotta take cover... you gotta....

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   

it is happening right now.

you gotta take cover... you gotta....

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

Now where did i put that E.T, i could swear i put him in the closet ....

Found it!! Here:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/366d9c3c202e.jpg[/atsimg]

(How do you know it's a "him"??

edit on 17 April 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZarbeMomin

Never.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Let's see.....when?

At precisely 11:17 and 32 seconds Central Standard Time.

Where? That KFC in Plainfield on East Main Street. You know the one?

www.kfcplainfield.com...

Comeuppance ..... one time, 'bout ten years ago? I heard they put too much ice in this lady's Coke....cheapskates, trying to cheat her out of her drink, by filling the cup with ice. Pay back time........

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join