It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside info on comet Elenin (yes, you're being lied to)

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Averysmallfoxx

Originally posted by orangepeel
I find it extremely silly that there is a claim that it will hit the ISS. This thing is how far away and you claim its going to hit an object as small as the ISS. I dont believe NASA or anybody has the ability to configure where this thing will end up nevermind saying its going to take out the ISS. So stupid…

Celestial mechanics allow for an entirely different understanding of trajectory tracking. Its entirely conceivable that informed experts in the field of astrology could indeed track to high degree the course of an object moving through space,we do it ALL the time. This isn't just another measely comet or asteroid. "Elenin" is big and this makes it more identifyable by tracking standards. Wake up man,there's a lot we don't know or are not being told this. But the ability to predict course direction accurately is well within our means,if only our government would share their findings...we are certainly being deceived as to why-that's the wild card...

And, uh, what proof do you have that it's something else?

Brown dwarf? No. We'd be seeing planets torn out of their orbits, and any brown dwarf would be as bright as Jupiter.

Planet? Same thing.

Is it the coma? Halley had one over a million kilometers in diameter.

So...what?
edit on 16-4-2011 by NyxOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by phantomjack

The Kolbin Bible is a complete fabrication. The only "institution" supporting its validity is Kimball College, which just so happens to be run by the man that wrote the Kolbrin Bible. Everything about this book leads back to Kimball. In fact the church where the book was claimed to have been found (Glastonbury Abbey) denies that the Kolbrin Bible or any similar book ever resided there.

As for the Van Flandern article, it is very outdated. Van Flandern was inspired by the work of Percival Lowell to search for Planet X. At the time there were unexplained perturbations in the outer planets, which some believed hinted at another planet lurking beyond Pluto. However, when Voyager II passed Neptune and Neptune's mass was refined the perturbations were able to be explained. Seeing as how Van Flandern's hypotheses were based on these perturbations means that they were wrong.

The Kolbrin is as much a fabrication as is the Bible, Gnostics, and the Koran. None of them are first account testimonials. None of them have any basis in fact. Yet, they exist, just as the Kolbrin.

Let the "meteor shower" upon my head begin for such Blasphemy!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

The Kolbrin is a modern invention created by Glenn Kimball. He's made certain unverifiable statements that claim the Kolbrin Bible is millennia old. The one statement he has made that can be verified, that it was in possession of Glastonbury Abbey, has been shown to be false. Outside of this any claims made about the Kolbrin always goes back to Kimball.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

Not sure how you arrive at your new distance but that's still over 42,000 miles away. Much too far to hit the ISS. So far all the evidence for danger from elenin, that have seen, has been based on misunderstood analysis of science or even purely made up based on paranoia or some sort of death fantasy.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

The same here brother!! I dont know why but i have this bad feeling inside my self.. that something is going to happened after august..! And i must say.. that I didnt knew this site.. or any other.. and still had this feeling before..! and now i know a lot of things..! People should start to believe.. becauase the evidence is right there.. you just have to LOOK

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

The Kolbin Bible is a complete fabrication. The only "institution" supporting its validity is Kimball College, which just so happens to be run by the man that wrote the Kolbrin Bible. Everything about this book leads back to Kimball. In fact the church where the book was claimed to have been found (Glastonbury Abbey) denies that the Kolbrin Bible or any similar book ever resided there.

As for the Van Flandern article, it is very outdated. Van Flandern was inspired by the work of Percival Lowell to search for Planet X. At the time there were unexplained perturbations in the outer planets, which some believed hinted at another planet lurking beyond Pluto. However, when Voyager II passed Neptune and Neptune's mass was refined the perturbations were able to be explained. Seeing as how Van Flandern's hypotheses were based on these perturbations means that they were wrong.

The Kolbrin is as much a fabrication as is the Bible, Gnostics, and the Koran. None of them are first account testimonials. None of them have any basis in fact. Yet, they exist, just as the Kolbrin.

Let the "meteor shower" upon my head begin for such Blasphemy!

As a studier of the Worlds belief systems I find your statement a little off base. I find that True Gnostics are the closest to the truth in a spiritual way and so far as I have found is the only one science is able to prove. Unfortunately the information and teachings are tainted by western thought, But this is besides the point. You have taken The Bible and the Qur'an, both are works of parables and moral teachings based on one each of the four posts of Gnosticism, but both are books. They may be the basis of teachings, but they are not belief systems unto themselves as Gnosticism is. The only way to compare is to say it is, Christianity/Judaism, Muslim/Islam and Gnostics, as all are belief systems. When Speaking of Books Gnosticism should have been left out as there are no true works in print. It is taught as a way of life and awareness through word of mouth and action from a first person view, but you must find a master(none of which, I believe, live in the west) to begin that path.

I understand your point as ALL religions have a basis in Astrology and the Heavens(space) and occurrences have a spiritual teaching or are signs of things to come within the prophecies of each belief. Just please be careful how you group.

As for blasphemy, I see that, while some may see this as true, If one truly knows and understands their beliefs, history, and dogma they know this is not the case as you have spoken truth as simplified as it may be.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by applepe
reply to post by Skippy1138

People should start to believe.. becauase the evidence is right there.. you just have to LOOK

Repetition number 10,557.

When are you people actually going to provide something other than mindless rambling?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by XtraTL
NORAD were tracking this thing, but they've taken their site offline since late last year.

www.noradsanta.org...

This is direct evidence of a major coverup underway.

Elenin -> Lenin -> Lemming -> Christmas Lemmings -> Christmas -> Santa

There's significance in that for all of us.

P.S: I read every single post in the thread. Not a single piece of actual evidence in the entire thing.

There is a nice actual photo of comet Elenin though. It's a bit small to really make out any details though.

P.S.S: I think I am the only person who actually reads threads all the way through. Most people seem to post the same stuff over and over again as though they'd just discovered something new.

edit on 15-4-2011 by XtraTL because: Edit

edit on 15-4-2011 by XtraTL because: Edit2

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........I....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH........lived.......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Sorry but that was the funniest thing I have seen at this site to date. Let me start again.

I lived in Colorado Springs, the home of the Cheyenne Mountain complex or NORAD. My father was the Chief of Security for the complex at the time. We would take cookies to his men every Christmas Eve. I have been inside the complex more times than I can count and have watched the tracking boards on a regular basis. On Christmas Eve every year they post an imaginary blip on the screen so news media can show the kids where Santa is at any given moment throughout the season. It was programed to make the exact same flight every year as to not distract from actual tracking. This is a conspiracy in the fact that they perpetrate a lie as Santa is not real(sorry to anyone who believes in Santa its a hard way to find the truth) but that is as far as it goes. But I will give you props for trying because of how funny that was.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWOnoworldorder

Originally posted by karen61057

Originally posted by NWOnoworldorder

Originally posted by snc24
Just a question!

If Earth or any other planet on our solar system disappear could it mean something for the whole Solar System?

Thanks!
SNC

well yes...i mean if something where to happen to the moon then it was cause havok here on earth, we would all be drowned as there would be no tide, our magnetic field would be shattered, but if something happened to the outer planets that dont really influence us then im not sure...i mean the planets are where they are because of the sun and the other planets magnetic pulls thats why we are on our orbits, if any of them were taken away then our obits would change and our planet would move closer to the sun as the other planets magnetism wouldnt be as strong as the suns...so in general then yes it was cause choas in our inner solar system

I hate to tell you this deary but the moon is right at this very moment moving away from our planet. Its gravitational pull and our gravitational pull is not strong enough to even keep it within our orbit. It has influence on our tides but it does not keep the water in the ocean. We will still have tides, just smaller tides. Our magnetic field has nothing at all to do with the moon and everything to do with our iron core. But to anwer the question that you answered very badly. Yes if our planet was taken out of the equation all of the other planets in the solar system would shift in their positions. All the planets and the sun do an amazing dance with each other in the sky. The gravitational pull from each of these heavenly bodies has an effect on every other one.

oh im sorry DEARY i didnt realise we had an expert in our midst....the moon isnt moving away from our planet, for the moon to move away would mean that there was something larger nearby pulling on it, and last i checked there wasnt a huge mass in our inner solar system, tyche which is "possibly" on the outskirts hasnt pulled any of the other planets out of orbit.

secondly the moon is why we have tides, without the moon then the water is displaced causing flooding.

yes our magnetic field is geodynamo /the fluid core of the Earth, its electrical condctivity and its motions,

if a planet was to be taken out of our solar system then the surrounding planets orbits would change, so basically u just repeated what i said....and what i said badly acording to you and yes earth would indeed move closer to the sun as it wouldnt have the gravitational pull of planets behind it to keep it on its usual orbit thus the gravitional pull of the sun would be stronger....

next time u try to correct someone do your homework,,,,and try not to be so condescending DEARY

Sorry I don't mean to interrupt but, Your statement about the moon moving away seems strange to me. I mean you, by your statement think the moon has a circular orbit when in actuality it is elliptical, Therefore it can move away from Earth and has every year. However, Dew to centrifugal force(IMO)it is moving outward slowly and can be measured with lasers.
edit on 16-4-2011 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Errrrp:

...and its debris trail....

It's just a bloody comet!! Not even very massive, at that.....and, it has NO "debris trail"! This is some whimsical vision that has been implanted in people's imaginations, it seems.....

A comet is a mass.....mostly water ice....that, upon approach to a heat source (our Sun, for example) begins to out-gas....forming the "coma" (think of it as a spherical 'halo') that envelops the nucleus. This is just gas and dust, about as dense as the exhaust from your car's tailpipe....

The "tail" is an extension of this coma....it is "blown" by the pressure of the protons and electrons from the Solar Wind.

This is very, very basic astronomy....I urge people to go, study and learn more, on their own. AWAY from the silly "doom" websites....they are full of idiotic garbage written either by jokers who like to whip people's fears, or by uneducated, ill-informed boobs who merely write out their nonsense "opinions".....

Errrrp:

Debris from a comets tail are called meteoroids. When we see meteor showers on Earth, this is the Earth passing through the comets debris. There are three terms to know in regards to this debris: * Meteoroid - the debris as it is in space * Meteor - the debris as it is seen in the atmosphere * Meteorite - debris that has survived entry and impact the ground * Meteor crater - an impact by a meteor creates a crater, called (easy enough) a meteor crater Meteor impacts on Earth are rare, but hundreds of meteorites are seen every year. More details about meteors are found in the NEO section. All of the impact craters on the other planets and moons are the result of meteor impacts.

Maybe you should re-read some of your astronomy books?

Astronomy 101

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
Sorry I don't mean to interrupt but, Your statement about the moon moving away seems strange to me. I mean you, by your statement think the moon has a circular orbit when in actuality it is elliptical, Therefore it can move away from Earth and has every year.

The Moon continues to spin away from the Earth, at the rate of 3.78cm (1.48in) per year, at about the same speed at which our fingernails grow.

Without the Moon, the Earth could slow down enough to become unstable, but this would take billions of years and it may never happen at all.

The migration of the Moon away from the Earth is mainly due to the action of the Earth's tides.

More:
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

I was editing when you answered see above. Thank you for the specifics

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

Originally posted by cloaked4u
Is this the thing that killed the dinosaurs? Lost, flooded atlantis? Noah and the ark. Is this why the gov't has huge ships underground? Tunnels underground and why other countries are doing the same and lying to the people with mass amounts of lost money. So, when all hell breaks loose, valcanos, tectonic plates, floods and then when something hits it blankets the earth in dust and covers the sun and we go into a mini ice age and we all die. I think i will become a massive alcoholic in November 1st. my birthday nov. 10th. My only wish will be that we all get spared and i then can go to rehab.

I am with you, Cloaked4u!

This situation is beyond frightening. I have never been one to be an alarmist, but there are way too many facts in this situation that I just can not discard as just pure fear mongering.

Here are the facts as I know them, and have been studying now for several months:

1. This comet is real. Whether you want to deny it or accept it, it is as real as real can get.
2. Its trajectory and velocity are calculated. We have in plain sight and at our fingertips that information
3. Based on those calculations, we know for a fact that even though the comet may not strike earth, we do know that it has a substantial debris field.
4. We know that the earth is going to pass THROUGH that debris field
5. The Earth currently passes through several comet debris fields, including the Leonids (here), Lyrids, (here), and Perseids (amongst others) of which all are well documented and anticipated by astronomy buffs worldwide. The debris fields are what give us meteor showers for those who dont know...
6. Elenin is on an elliptical orbit which brings it to earth every ~3600 years. FACT
7. World wide earth events have occurred on these 3600 year intervals, including the great flood, the loss of atlantis, the appearance of the Mayan civilization, etc. These events are documented in the bible, the Kolbrin bible, and various other ancient documents
8. Read the Kolbrin Bible. The description of events surrounding the return of "Niburu" are startling. The meteor showers and destruction of the planet surface by the passing of this "Planet X" are just amazing. And whether you believe what you read or not, it was written. Why was it written? Because the events were traumatic enough that people wrote about the events. Why? Because these events happened. The Kolbrin is not fiction, nor is the Bible. Both tell the story of our ancient past.
9. Governments around the globe, if they were in the "know" about the approaching potential earth disaster, would NEVER release this information to the public. It would cause massive panic and deaths worldwide from hoarding, fighting, suicides, and terror. Can you imagine? How many people would die just trying to get a seat in a bunker? Or to steal food? Water? Supplies?
10. There is no where to run, and no where to hide. We already have in front of us a historical record of events that took place over these 3600 year intervals. Why is anyone denying that this year/next year fall on that 3600 interval line? Why would we all of a sudden be spared? The comet hasnt changed trajectory, and while the earth may have shifted slightly after each pass of this massive body (call it a planet, or a comet or whatever), we are not going to all of a sudden just sit here and watch the comet appear and disappear like Haley. The earth is in its path, and it is definitely in the path of its debris trail.

Then one has to ask some other questions. Why did the US government cancel all future shuttle launches, even though we have spent BILLIONS on the ISS and now have no way of getting there except through Russian launches? Really? We have a working shuttle program. We have technology in space that we depend on daily to run our lives by way of communication sats and military spy sats, and now have no way of getting there or lift new technology (al biet through other lifting payload systems)?

NASA has no new plans for exploration except for possibly Mars, though it would take decades to develop the technology to get there and back? All of a sudden we have a void at NASA that no body can explain?

Then ask yourself, why is our President behaving as though he has nothing to lose?

Then, why the push all of a sudden for the One World Government? I mean, the last 2-3 years this push has been almost a joke it is so clear to me? Because cities and countries around the globe would collapse if this comet does the damage I think it will and One World Government would almost be a necessity to carry civilization forward? If the damage and destruction is real, entire countries would be devastated, and those who survive would have no-one to "govern" them.

Why is the US government spending money at the pace they are spending, knowing full well that if they continue, the US dollar will fall? Why ? Is it because in 8 months it wont matter?

Then there are the more conspiratorial things like why is google hiding the comet from Google Sky? Where is Leonid Elenin, the discoverer of the comet? Nobody has been in contact with him? Does he even exist? Compare him to the media coverage of Swift-Tuttle? We have a planet level event on one hand that was nearly covered every day in the main stream media, yet, Leonid Elenin discovers a comet that is on a direct trajectory toward earth and nothing? HELLO? How about Shoemaker-Levy? EXTENSIVE COVERAGE, but nothing about Leonid Elenin or his Comet?

I don't know guys. Something just doesn't add up.

My fingers hurt...your turn.

Thank-you sir! That is one of the most intelligent, well-written responses to Comet Elenin that I have read thus far!
I suppose if we can track the royal families and the richest, most elite people in the world over the course of the next 6-8 months it would become apparently clear that something is going to happen once they began to fade out of the public limelight and go deep underground.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Just google'd Elenin, still is said that it's looking pretty tame, but at the same time they only say something about an actual collision, and .23 au isn't necessarily a collision.

Sauce

Reality Check Comet Elenin will sweep nearest to Earth on Oct. 16 at a distance of 21 million miles and be moving fast enough to travel the distance from Earth to the moon in under five hours! The effects of the comet on Earth at closest approach will be as inconsequential as that of a mosquito slamming head-on into an ocean-going supertanker. Let's look at the physics. Comet Elenin is a loose agglomeration of volatile ices and dust a few miles across. It is therefore one hundred billionth the mass of our moon. (The relative difference is roughly the same as the mass of a mosquito vs. the mass of an oil supertanker.) The comet will pass no closer to us than 84 times the Earth-moon distance. Applying Isaac Newton’s laws of gravity, this means the comet's tidal pull on Earth -- at closest approach -- will be approximately one-hundred trillionth the force of the moon's tidal pull on Earth. And, we all now know that despite the dreaded Supermoon hype last week, there were no monster storms or earthquakes triggered by our satellite's gravitational tug at closest approach to Earth.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Thank-you sir! That is one of the most intelligent, well-written responses to Comet Elenin that I have read thus far!
I suppose if we can track the royal families and the richest, most elite people in the world over the course of the next 6-8 months it would become apparently clear that something is going to happen once they began to fade out of the public limelight and go deep underground.

Fade out into the public?

UK royal wedding

WOW what a good way to deflect the public eye from the ongoing situation by staging the first royal wedding in decades!

Great research you have done there my friend...

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ET_MAN

HAHAH i love how you find out that it almost hit the earth AFTER the fact it passed. Why not warn us when they know.....bunch of ass holes i swear....

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
This comet may cause a lesser extinction event that's why the seed vault was created, lot's of underground military bases have been built and the government around the world just don't seem to care the economy has gone to s%#t,
because after this lesser extinction event there will not be an economy and civilisation as we know it today may not exist by the end of the year after Elenin has passed.

The have been 8 periods of lesser extinction level events in the past and this could be the 9th period.
en.wikipedia.org...

Another thing I have noticed,
Elenin
Ele = extinction level event
nin = Nine

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Romekje

Perhaps you could try to contemplate what you read, in perspective and context. The "coma", and "tail" of comets are generally just diffuse gases, and dust particles. TINY particles. You read this:

Debris from a comets tail are called meteoroids...

.....from that one source, and probably pictured some giant "space rocks" or something??

Even something as large as a grain of sand or pebble (MOST of the particles will be smaller) can be called a "meteoroid"....or, really, "micro-meteoroids"....AND, will burn up on entry to the Earth's atmosphere. Commonly called "shooting stars"....those brief flashes of light that (when lucky) you catch a glimpse of. They look "huge" when burning up, in the night sky....but, are tiny, in reality. They glow brightly, though....causing the apparent size effect.

COMETARY FRAGMENTS

....Each time a comet passes near the Sun, some cometary fragments dislodge from the main body. The fragments initially travel in a tightly knit group of dust or pebble-sized objects, called a meteoroid swarm, moving in nearly the same orbit as the parent comet. Over the course of time, the swarm gradually disperses along the orbit, and eventually the micrometeoroids, as these small meteoroids are known, become more or less smoothly spread all the way around the parent comet's orbit. If Earth's orbit happens to intersect the orbit of such a young cluster of meteoroids, a spectacular meteor shower can result....

lifeng.lamost.org...

In fact, the "Leonid" meteor showers are a regular occurrence....nice viewing, and absolutely NO "danger" to us, on the surface.

A report from 1998:

The Upcoming Leonid Meteoroid Storm and its
Effect on Satellites

The "Stuff" that accompanies a comet on its orbit comes from itself.....the ones that are in regular period orbits undergo some disintegration with each close approach to the Sun....over the millions or billions of years of their lifespan. Comet Elenin's orbit has been refined and calculated by now....it is NOT a re-curring comet. This is a one-time visit for it, since the orbital trajectory is hyperbolic. It likely began its inward "fall" from the Oort Cloud, for whatever reason it was disturbed...closer and closer, the Sun's gravity will draw it, but based on the inclination of the path it takes, it will do the "turn" in the Sun's gravity well, slingshot away and then exit the Solar System, as it has gained velocity from the maneuver.

This is how we can "steer" some spacecraft, in a similar way. Using planets' gravity for instance, in the "slingshot" maneuver....rather than fuel in propulsion. Sort of "free energy" in a way. Most of our deep-space craft have done this, to gain velocity greater than the amount of fuel that they would have been able to carry.

So....we might presume since this is Elenin's first pass around the Sun, it hasn't been destabilized much, yet....likely fairly intact.

Re-curring comets (like Halley) can possibly have a bunch of "stuff" orbiting with them, along the orbital trajectory. Still, these are small, and the Earth's atmosphere protects us completely.....the relative speeds so high that the friction of "hitting" the air is immense. Of course, these same micro-meteoroids would be cause for concern to spacecraft of our era....we don't really have technology to shield from those forces, due to the speeds we're talking about. But, space is a BIG place.....chances of encounters are minimal. I was reading one source of the Mariner spacecraft, in the 1960s going through a comet's tail (forget the details)...yet, it survived with only minor damage. So, again...OUR AIR is a protective barrier......

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

"ALERT" WE ARE ALL DOOMED (PLEASE WATCH) OUR GOVERNMENTS ARE LEAVING US ALL FOR

I have to say this video really is alarming. Considering how our consciousness is being affected, there are many researching 2011-2012 disasters, I really have to suggest we try to get meditation groups for this, and any other alarming events, because if this passes, they'll be bringing up the next one. And fear just freezes people up.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoSpace

No......(sigh)

Another thing I have noticed,
Elenin
Ele = extinction level event
nin = Nine

"Elenin" is just a man's name....the discoverer. No "acronym"....just what people have made up out of thin air. Due to the coincidence.

(Imagine if his name were "Haarp"!! Oh, the fear-mongering threads THAT would generate.....!)

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join