It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside info on comet Elenin (yes, you're being lied to)

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by GreatScot

You assumed that my statement was in nature an image of your own idea drawn from the amazing mind that is yours.
And yet you ask that i maintain a foundation of mind when that would be just too limited in its boundaries, for boundaries are what stiffle Creation, but only God gives LIFE.
Me on the greatest inventor ever.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
The ISS will be the least of our problems if this object passes anywhere near the Earth. It's probably a cover story for Planet X, but even if it's just a comet, it could wreak havoc on Earth.

Check out this article about the comet that caused the Great Chicago Fire and several other large fires in the Great Lakes region on Oct. 8, 1871. Apparently all these fires were caused by comet fragments, which illustrates the dangers of passing through a comet’s tail. These fires fell from the sky, which means they were probably ignited by methane in the comet's tail. At the bottom of the article is a link to Part 2:

www.thunderbolts.info...

For more on the Great Lakes fires, see this:

www.angelfire.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by palomine

Sorry, here's the correct link to The Great Chicago Fire article: www.thunderbolts.info...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

God well you got me there he is the greatest of all

But religion?

But did god invent, I would love to think so.

But my view is that God is real but does he have control over all? I dont know if he did then everthing man has ever done in experiment cannot be counted for anything. would god give us the answers all at once or keep things from us ie- the proton experiment proof that this could be

EVERYONES MIND IS GREAT I know that to be true i claim not to be great but equal
Im guessin you believe in Jesus

If yes tell me this why is he so special if we are ALL GODS CHILDREN

ILL star you for your great come back had me good there

edit on 15-4-2011 by GreatScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
Are people slowly sucumming too Nuclide sickness?? ISS this ISS that ,, does anyone not realize that the ISS is not the only thing up their,, somebody post a pic of all the objects in oribt,, geez know one remebers where we get out T.V from???? have people gone completely insane?

I was personally thinking about the safety of the people on the ISS.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

Can you provide us with a link by any chance to your source?

edit on 15-4-2011 by Greensquad414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Ok so 35 pages into this means this will not get read..... I was always under the impression that this whatever it is will not hit us. Tahts how come it has been reported over several civs thru dif times because it is omething that returns and upon its return it rasies hell.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by notsofunnyguy
To OP: You hinted that you have a "source" a couple of days ago in this thread you started:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If so, cool, go ahead and provide your info (and your source should have the courage to come forward, via numerous means simultaneously, to get the word out and protect him/herself to some degree).

Otherwise, probably not so good to keep saying "I've got a source in NASA" because either:
1. You'll get your source busted before the info gets out and we're all screwed
2. You'll be exposed/assumed not to have a source eventually and will lose credibility.

Put another way: enough of the striptease, on to the action.

Thanks.

Reporters don't have to reveal their sources,at best he's doing all of us a helluva favor,at worst he's like all the rest...but revealing identies is absurdly unlikely. To satisfy the critics? putting your job on a limb and perhaps more? If NASA is covering it up,it wouldn't be out of character for them. I find myself reminded of DarkMission by David Hoagland. If you buy into his data, NASA knows. They've been concealing an abundance of information with respect to planets,moons,and anomalous structures mainly on Mars and the moon. His book is compelling. This elenin conspiracy smacks of that exact style of censurship. Couldn't the station speed up or alter orbit in just such a way as to deviate from the impact window?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by nataylor
It is possible the tail will spread (the tail shown in the video is just for illustration - there's no way of know its size that far in the future). The tail will be most dense centered along the imaginary line that extends from the center of the sun through the center of the comet. The density of the tail will fall off exponentially the further you get from that line. At the time the tail is pointed at Earth, which will be September 26th, Elenin will be 0.3831 AU (57,000,000 km) away, and the imaginary line will be passing 1,800,000 km above the Earth. That means that if the Earth passes through any of the tail, it will be so diffuse that it will be practically unnoticeable.

Good info nataylor

To add a little to it...

The densest parts of the dust trail of a comet will initially be directly behind, and in the orbit of the comet. Of course over time, the solar wind blows out the fine dust (meteoroids) and gas from the trail, leaving behind larger meteoroids, which take much longer to be shifted from their original orbits, although this does happen given enough time.

The gas and dust that we are talking about here is so diffuse (especially from such a relatively small comet), that they don't pose any threat to us, even if we pass through the densest parts of the trail, and that is not going to be the case with Elenin.

Researchers have gotten pretty good at modeling the dust trails of comets, to the point where previous meteor shower peaks have been successfully predicted to within a few minutes of the observed time.

The predictions had to take into account that the meteoroids that make up the dust trail had been ejected by the parent comet over a century ago, and would have been shifted by both the solar wind/solar radiation pressure, as well as having been perturbed by Jupiter's gravity, yet the predictions were amazingly accurate in terms of the timing.

Early in 1999, David Asher and Robert McNaught published a paper giving details on how to predict meteor storms for the Leonids. In general, they noted that each time the comet Tempel-Tuttle approached the sun it released a large amount of dust. The gravitational pull of Jupiter would pull the comet into a slightly different orbit as it exited the sun's vicinity or as it made its next approach. The result was that the comet was laying out a series of ringlets or filaments with clouds of dust. Asher and McNaught noted that after a while the old filaments would diffuse and merge together, but recent filaments would contain fairly dense clouds of dust. They subsequently predicted that a meteor storm would occur on November 18 as Earth passed through a filament produced by the 1899 return of Tempel-Tuttle. They predicted the peak would occur at 2:10 Universal Time, with a peak rate of 1000 per hour. As it turned out the actual peak occurred at 2:06 UT, which was remarkably close to the prediction! Interestingly, the actual rate was over 3000 per hour, so the prediction missed this by quite a bit. Enhanced rates continued from 2000-2002 and the predictions continued to show a high rate of success.

meteorshowersonline.com

It's partly because of this that whenever a new comet is found (and Elenin is no exception), a small army of astronomers, both professional and amateur scrutinize the orbit to find out if we will be encountering the dust trails, and if we will get a meteor shower.

It's not just NASA looking for new meteor showers, but there are independent researchers, both funded and amateur who would jump at the chance of finding a strong new meteor shower.

In this case, there is no news from most of them since Elenin does not look like it will be close enough to earth's orbit to produce a meteor shower (even a weak one) this year:

I usually search for new possible meteor showers from newly
discovered comets, I saw too this one but I think that until the
comet has a eccentricity of more of 1 there isn't a meteor shower
(in this special case it can to be two meteor showers, one in the night
and one in the day) the better new it's that IHMO the comet can
to be periodic with a period in resonance with one of the esternal
planets (it's only a possibility), if it's true then it's possible that
there
is a meteor shower linked with P/2010 X1 (I wrote P/, but now it's C/)
in this case we shall see the meteors in the next years.
But at today it's only a hope.
Best greetings.
Roberto Gorelli

METEOROBS (The meteor observing list)

For those interested, we will be encountering a fairly dense meteoroid debris stream this October, when the Draconids are due to peak with as many as 750 meteors per hour. Multiple researchers are in agreement with these predictions, so there is a very good chance of seeing an impressive meteor outburst, that is nearly a storm (1000 per hour).

As someone who has been watching meteor showers for over a decade, I would recommend everyone try to observe it, as it is not often that meteor showers can be seen that will be as intense as this one. Observers in north eastern Europe are favored this time around. If you are far away from there you will have to travel to see it, but it's well worth it IMO. People in the surrounding areas (central/western Europe, North Africa, The middle east) should get a good view of it too, although rates might not be as high, especially as you get further away from the ideal zone.

It's certainly a better bet than seeing meteors form Elenin this year.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Reading through this whole thread could possibly be more hazardous to your health than a direct impact....

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunda

the pic link: last pic: comet?!?!?!? or ufo?!?!?! IMO
man i cant wait to build my spaceship!!!!!!
edit on 16-4-2011 by DOUGH3914 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Where in the world IS Elenin? When is it suppose to fly by?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Answered my own question. See it in August...it'll be closest mid-October.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I haven't given this whole comet, planet, brown dwarf stuff any credence, but this thread is really interesting. Assuming you guys aren't making up this NASA source stuff. Also I don't see anything hitting us until after the tribulation period starts. I suppose though a near miss could be almost as bad.

If indeed this is true, (and I still have serious doubts) I got to thinking about a couple of things. If they have known about this for awhile then maybe it explains the soaring deficits.....maybe they are planning to do something to move the trajectory of this thing. Course the Obama admin hasn't exactly been a fan of NASA.

Of course if there is a plan , why are they retiring the space shuttles.....unless they need the support facilities for some new and secret spacecraft. Geez this is starting to sound like Armeggedon or Deep Impact.....anyone called to check on Bruce Willis's whereabouts?

Also, I would assume the ISS can have it's orbit changed, if so, why exactly the fuss. It's either BS or something else entirely.......

I am not worried, yet..........but will follow the thread.

signature:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I too have an inside sources in NASA. My Source say's your source is a complete utter fabrication. The proof is there are simply too many independent amateurs that are also tracking this comet and none of them have this same opinion. The general opinion in the international community states that the closet it will get to earth is ruffly 22 million miles away.

My source also states that the survival backpacks you are selling consist of a bunch of garbage that in the event the contents were needed it would only insure that your customers didn't have these Items available to them. Stop the fear mongering!.

PS like yours.... my source is also a self created imaginary friend. .
edit on 4/16/2011 by JerryB08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
A NASA source!.

Who's being lied to?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Feltrick
IF this insider is so very worried about Elenin, why not go on the news or give the info to WikiLeaks? I mean if I had info that the world was being lied to about an "Extinction Level Event" AND I was an expert in the field AND I was positive it was going to happen, the last place I would post the info would be here.

Think about it folks. You have this info and you feed it to some guy on a conspiracy board? You either don't really care about humanity or are making this crap up to scare people for fun.

I have thought about this as well as discussed it with others, I think most would agree that "if you had information" about a major event like this or other similar devastating event, why would you tell anyone?

if there was nothing that could be done, why cause panic or worse, I would want to know or maybe I wouldn't ???

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I heard that if we had a binary sun, it would have it's own planets, and as it approached the planets would appear as comets based on our perception. Earth would appear as a comet approaching that planets perception.
So perhaps, a planet does approach.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by thorazineshuffle
I heard that if we had a binary sun, it would have it's own planets, and as it approached the planets would appear as comets based on our perception. Earth would appear as a comet approaching that planets perception.

Or it's just a comet.

Remember JARNAC?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by NyxOne

Originally posted by thorazineshuffle

Or it's just a comet.

Remember JARNAC?

No. I googled it, though. Found an observatory with the quote,"Comets are like cats, besides having tails, they have a mind of their own."

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join