It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside info on comet Elenin (yes, you're being lied to)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by lagenese
reply to post by cloaked4u

Well, if this object is what i think it is (Niburu), it is approximately 4 times the size of Jupiter...

I believe you are referring to comet McNaught

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Is this the thing that killed the dinosaurs? Lost, flooded atlantis? Noah and the ark. Is this why the gov't has huge ships underground? Tunnels underground and why other countries are doing the same and lying to the people with mass amounts of lost money. So, when all hell breaks loose, valcanos, tectonic plates, floods and then when something hits it blankets the earth in dust and covers the sun and we go into a mini ice age and we all die. I think i will become a massive alcoholic in November 1st. my birthday nov. 10th. My only wish will be that we all get spared and i then can go to rehab.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I wonder...
with all of the alleged censorship of youtube videos etc...(I have not checked yet)
and people (purportedly) being silenced,
if this is why we havent seen PlanetXGuy around for the past few days

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

If thats the case then the space station is not the only thing that needs to be concerned. That is approaching commercial airline traffic !!!

+15 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by operation mindcrime

yes, i assume it is. what i said in the op is what my source told me. thats all. i'm not an expert on any of this. i'm presenting you with what i know.

"YOU know about the comet elenin?!?, nasa is worried it will hit the space station"

Riddle me this....if the comet is going to be so close that it might hit the ISS, wouldn't your "source" have said they are worried it will hit earth? I mean, forget the ISS...if it gets close enough to be a risk to a space station, the earths gravitational pull will draw it into the atmosphere, correct? So why the F would they care about the ISS?!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by R3KR
reply to post by Ex_CT2

If thats the case then the space station is not the only thing that needs to be concerned. That is approaching commercial airline traffic !!!

Originally posted by R3KR
reply to post by Ex_CT2

What? I think perhaps you misread. That's approx. 43,000 miles, not 43,000 feet.

Regardless, it seems to me that that's an extremely finely calculated result (0.0004617 au) for something that far away. I mean, there are a number of variables that have to be taken into account; it just seems so excessively *accurate*....

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Agreed! That's the first thought I had, If it's close enough to hit a Space Station, what effects would the earths gravity have on it? and as others mentioned it's close enough to hit the moon.

Is anyone able to run calculations on the size of the comet and earths gravity effect on it that close? (way over my intelligence level)

(Still not fully comfortable believe a friend of a friend at NASA though .....
)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
Here's the math: 92,955,807 miles (1au) * 0.0004617 = 42917.6960919 miles.

That is still more than 42,000 miles out from the Space Station...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by csgt428

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
Here's the math: 92,955,807 miles (1au) * 0.0004617 = 42917.6960919 miles.

That is still more than 42,000 miles out from the Space Station...

Indeed. I'm not the one saying that the ISS is in danger; I merely took the only number we had to go on and did the math. 43,000 miles is very close, no doubt about it. But in fact what I'm saying is that whoever calculated that number must have had his "magic hat" on. I'm not sure it's possible to calculate to 7 decimal-places a body of a vaguely estimated size at that distance.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
You would think that NASA would be more worried about it hitting earth. I am inclined to believe that this is a false or perhaps a misinterpreted statement. If it is going to hit the spacestation you better believe it will hit earth. Why didn't op just say NASA is worried about elenin hitting earth? Just doesn't make any sense no matter how I look at it. 250 miles from earth means direct hit on earth. Come on folks. We all seen Armageddon. The movie LOL.
And still no evidence. Should we just all quit our jobs and enjoy our supposed last days on earth because a friend of a friend of a friend who works at NASA says something. Lookup Kansas city shuffle. Nothing is a sure thing!
edit on 15-4-2011 by Flyzoid because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Nothing is ever as it seems.

Hints surround you.
ISS space junk near miss

"(the ISS suffers several every year)" so why is this one reported?

First time spring is called a "fireball season"

I am going to find the smoking gun. Is right in front of our faces. Just a matter of pulling the thread from the fibers, and I will do it.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

At 2:21 there is a negative image of a rather familiar shape in the upper right!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican

That's great

talk about a soho anomaly

If that happened right now i think half the people here would be in the mountains by morning

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

I also ran this and got zilch, zero, nada. I ran a dozen or more other searches for other asteroids and got results on all of them. Comet Elenin brought up three references, none of which were related to Elenin.

Could this be because it is a comet and not an asteroid?

edit on 15/4/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

So what are you saying this comet is more then a comet op, and we are going to see some fireworks, or what? I really don't get your post, is it doom and gloom, or just sparks and possible fireworks. If it is doom and gloom we already know how that will go down, so if it is the end of the world then I for one fell fine.

Heres a song about how the end of the world will go down by R.E.M. which I'm sure your heard before, and just to make this thread more interesting.

"That's great, it starts with an earthquake, birds and snakes, an aeroplane -
Lenny Bruce is not afraid. Eye of a hurricane, listen to yourself churn -
world serves its own needs, regardless of your own needs. Feed it up a knock,
speed, grunt no, strength no. Ladder structure clatter with fear of height,
down height. Wire in a fire, represent the seven games in a government for
hire and a combat site. Left her, wasn't coming in a hurry with the furies
breathing down your neck. Team by team reporters baffled, trump, tethered
crop. Look at that low plane! Fine then. Uh oh, overflow, population,
common group, but it'll do. Save yourself, serve yourself. World serves its
own needs, listen to your heart bleed. Tell me with the rapture and the
reverent in the right - right. You vitriolic, patriotic, slam, fight, bright
light, feeling pretty psyched.

It's the end of the world as we know it.
It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine.

Six o'clock - TV hour. Don't get caught in foreign tower. Slash and burn,
return, listen to yourself churn. Lock him in uniform and book burning,
blood letting. Every motive escalate. Automotive incinerate. Light a candle,
light a motive. Step down, step down. Watch a heel crush, crush. Uh oh,
this means no fear - cavalier. Renegade and steer clear! A tournament,
a tournament, a tournament of lies. Offer me solutions, offer me alternatives
and I decline.

It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine.

The other night I tripped a nice continental drift divide. Mount St. Edelite.
Leonard Bernstein. Leonid Breshnev, Lenny Bruce and Lester Bangs.
Birthday party, cheesecake, jelly bean, boom! You symbiotic, patriotic,
slam, but neck, right? Right.

It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine...fine...
(It's time I had some time alone)"

+40 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
My Prediction

The comet will not hit Earth and all those associated with the doomsaying will conveniently forget they had anything to do with it and go mysteriously quiet... until they start screaming about the sky falling when another comet in our solar system is discovered.

I also find it extremely humorous how the Nibiru crowd are consistently moving the goal posts. One minute it was the twelfth planet (ala Sitchin), then it became a brown dwarf, then it became a cloaked brown dwarf because it should be visible if true, it's been sun-dogs and lense flares.. and now, by god, it's a comet!!!

Do these people ever stand back and honestly look at what clowns they have become, being more a source of amusement than anything else. What stupefying nonsense with they descend into next?

IRM

edit on 15/4/11 by InfaRedMan because: (no reason given)

+20 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Well, here's the answer to most of the problems in this thread.
en.wikipedia.org...

Comet C/2010 X1 (Elenin) is a long-period comet discovered by Russian astronomer Leonid Elenin on December 10, 2010 at the International Scientific Optical Network's robotic observatory near Mayhill, New Mexico, U.S.A. At the time of discovery Elenin had an apparent magnitude of 19.5,[2] making it about 150,000 times fainter than the naked eye magnitude of 6.5.[5] The discoverer, Leonid Elenin, estimates that the comet nucleus is 3–4 km in diameter.[6] As of April 2011, the comet is around magnitude 15 (roughly the brightness of Pluto), and the coma (expanding tenuous dust atmosphere) of the comet is estimated to be about 80,000 km in diameter.

Emphasis mine.

An 80,000 KM coma equates to a 49,710 mile wide coma. I'd suppose that the projected distance this will pass from Earth has some sort of +/- margin of error. That means that the comet's dust cloud could very possibly contact the Earth. Now, this is extremely scary, but on the grand scheme of things probably not catastrophic. Dust and small ice particles would burn up in Earth's atmosphere and cause little more than a cool light show. The ISS, however, has no protective atmosphere. It would be like throwing an egg shell into a bead blaster if it passes through the coma.

One somewhat interesting thing I found while looking at this is the comment that the comet has a current 600,000 year heliocentric orbit but is highly subjected to perterbation from planets and, in short, they have no idea just how frequently it makes this pass by Earth. I then found this:
en.wikipedia.org...(stage)

Calabrian is a subdivision of the Pleistocene Epoch of the Geologic time scale. ~1.8 Ma.—781,000 yeas ago ± 5,000 years, a period of ~1.019 million years.

The end of the stage is defined by the last magnetic pole reversal (781,000 ± 5,000 Ka) and plunge in to an ice age

Not suggesting a link between Elenin & magnetic pole reversal, but I do find it somewhat intriguing. Not to mention the intrigue over the recent discussion of a possible mini-ice age and the fact that a full ice age heeled the previous pole reversal.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Here may be some more inside info to comet Elenin! In this video, this guy claims that with each earth/sun/Elenin alignment we experience a major earthquake!

Looks like he thinks the next big earthquake will hit on September 26/2011 when Mercury/sun/Elenin/Earth will be in Alignment with each other. On october 17th though he thinks the comet will flip our orbit. I don't know much about that though. I do think he may be onto something. Check it out, and I hope it helps this thread out some more.

He also claims that it will come within .6 AU

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I'm sorry if it's been mention already (gonna read through the thread), I heard we are suppose to see this comet sometime in October, but does anyone know exactly what date?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Earth passes through debris from comets all the time...

News reports had warned sky watchers in advance: On Nov. 18, 2001, Earth was due to plow through a minefield of debris shed by Comet Tempel-Tuttle. Innumerable bits of comet dust would become meteors when they hit Earth's atmosphere at 144,000 mph. Experts predicted an unforgettable display ... and it came.

Millions of people saw the show, but only three of them -- the ones on board the space station -- saw it from above. "We had to look down to see the meteors," says Culbertson. "That's because the atmosphere (where comet dust burns up) is below the station."
"A typical Leonid disintegrates about 100 km above Earth's surface," explains NASA scientist Rob Suggs. "The ISS is much higher than that. The station (like the space shuttle) orbits our planet at an altitude of about 350 km." Suggs is the leader of the Space Environments group at the Marshall Space Flight Center; he helped organize the crew's observations of the Leonids.

science.nasa.gov...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join