It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside info on comet Elenin (yes, you're being lied to)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack
6. Elenin is on an elliptical orbit which brings it to earth every ~3600 years. FACT
No, not fact. The orbital data says that Elenin is on a hyperbolic orbit. This means it is unlikely to have entered the inner solar system at all in the past, and this one pass through will be its one and only. Even if the current orbital data is further refined with more observations, at best Elenin will have a very highly elliptical orbit with a period of millions of years. There is no way it can have a period of 3600 years.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

The 3600 year orbit is all Bull

Given the orbital eccentricity of this object, different epochs can generate quite different heliocentric unperturbed two-body best-fit solutions to the aphelion distance (maximum distance) of this object. Near perihelion using an August 2011 epoch, Kazuo Kino#a shows C/2010 X1 to have a heliocentric orbital period of 600,000 years,[10] but being on a highly eccentric orbit, the comet will be frequently perturbed by the planets as it leaves the inner solar system.[11] For objects at such high eccentricity, the Sun's barycentric coordinates are more stable than heliocentric coordinates.[12] The orbit of a long-period comet is properly obtained when the osculating orbit is computed at an epoch after leaving the planetary region and is calculated with respect to the center of mass of the solar system. Using JPL Horizons with an observed orbital arc of 118 days, the barycentric orbital elements for epoch 2020-Jan-01 generate a semi-major axis of 519 AU and a period of approximately 11,800 years.[4]

Obviously people who know about these things have studied it, and no 3600 year orbit has even come up

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by nataylor

6. Elenin is on an elliptical orbit which brings it to earth every ~3600 years. FACT
No, not fact. The orbital data says that Elenin is on a hyperbolic orbit. This means it is unlikely to have entered the inner solar system at all in the past, and this one pass through will be its one and only. Even if the current orbital data is further refined with more observations, at best Elenin will have a very highly elliptical orbit with a period of millions of years. There is no way it can have a period of 3600 years.

That is what I have researched also

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by THEDUDE86

...you said it did not have a tail....

NO, I never wrote that. I talked about the coma (which gets people "excited" because they hear it is "growing"!
They misunderstand this to think it implies that the entire comet is "growing"!)

The "tail" is only a phenomenon of a comet's approach to its host star. (Our Sun, in this case.....since we haven't been to other stars, but can infer that THEY TOO will have similar orbiting phenomena).

What I wrote is that there is no "TRAIL" --- in response to a member who thought the comet was somehow "picking up" debris and "dragging it along" behind it....like it had a physical wake, or some such nonsense.

As I said....comprehension in reading. Reading is fundamental (R.I.F.)

READ IT AGAIN: www.abovetopsecret.com...

See? I write about the TAIL......as part of the COMA......
edit on 15 April 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

Again, not all comets are made of ice or other frozen liquids. While you are correct that the Sun in this case would cause the comet to melt and shed, you are denying the fact that the "comet" may have solids that may make up the core, but also which may be tailing. I believe, that Elenen does in fact have 6 large trailers with it. And, if you do the reading I suggest, the ancient writings also describe "Niburu" as having "Sisters" along with it.

Again, though, those people are only cavemen and primitive. Why would they write about something specific like this at all...right? They just made it up. Right?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3dman7
I haven't read every single post in this thread but, looking at the JPL model, I see the potential for a major problem when/if the comet disintegrates when it swings around the sun. The predicted path will be different for all those small bodies and earth/iss could likely be in the path of a hail of mini comets.....it's just a matter of at which point it breaks apart...if it indeed does.
Actually, if a comet breaks up, the debris tends to stay in very nearly the same orbit.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I agree, the moon would take it like a champ

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by THEDUDE86

The 3600 year orbit is all Bull

Given the orbital eccentricity of this object, different epochs can generate quite different heliocentric unperturbed two-body best-fit solutions to the aphelion distance (maximum distance) of this object. Near perihelion using an August 2011 epoch, Kazuo Kino#a shows C/2010 X1 to have a heliocentric orbital period of 600,000 years,[10] but being on a highly eccentric orbit, the comet will be frequently perturbed by the planets as it leaves the inner solar system.[11] For objects at such high eccentricity, the Sun's barycentric coordinates are more stable than heliocentric coordinates.[12] The orbit of a long-period comet is properly obtained when the osculating orbit is computed at an epoch after leaving the planetary region and is calculated with respect to the center of mass of the solar system. Using JPL Horizons with an observed orbital arc of 118 days, the barycentric orbital elements for epoch 2020-Jan-01 generate a semi-major axis of 519 AU and a period of approximately 11,800 years.[4]

Obviously people who know about these things have studied it, and no 3600 year orbit has even come up

Great....I hope you are all right on this matter. I would like nothing more than to be sitting here a year from now saying I was wrong.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Oh, for gawd sakes....

That is an excellent video....made by our very own ATS member nataylor.

BUT....look at the inset, where he added a side view, in addition to the top-down view.

The orbital trajectory of Elenin is ABOVE the Earth's path...above the plane of the ecliptic, during its near approach.......

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

are you stating that you are certain that this comet is Nibiru?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Let ME keep THIS short. So let's say that earth is a haystack, and the ISS is a needle orbiting it (Seriously, not even a good analogy because the ISS would be more like a tiny hayseed orbiting a very large haystack) and NASA is worried about the comet hitting the HAYSEED? Are you SERIOUS? That's one accurate comet.

Hang on, I have to go shut off my BS detector.. It's wailing out of control.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Really? Because "burdman3006" is one opinion, and the only one I have seen thus far regarding this 660,000 year orbit. I guess everyone, including JPL is wrong but Burdman3006 is right.
JPL lists the eccentricity of the orbit as >1. Hence, it is in a hyperbolic orbit, and thus does not have a "period." As more observations have been made of the comet, the JPL data is refined (it's currently based on 1123 observations over a 118 day period). Originally, they calculated a period of several hundred thousand years, then refined it to several million, and now show it with a hyperbolic orbit.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

I am pretty sure he is not talking about a direct hit but rather the tail of the comet causing problems....

It would be good for NASA to learn how to mitigate these hazards anyway

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
The tail of the comet is what everyone is worried about.
It's gonna be like a "torch" aimed right at earth.
Watch the vid as it approaches the inside of the earths orbit before it crosses earths path.

www.youtube.com...
Thanks for linking to my video. Given Elenin's orbital inclination, the tail will actually be pointed well above the Earth, as the video demonstrates.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

First off can you give me evidence that this comet has a 3600 year orbit. I have seen 10,000 up to 600,000 year orbit, but no 3600 year orbit. In fact someone posted an article stating that this is the comet's first pass for the solar system.

As for Google Sky, it is not a live feed. Those pictures are from years ago. Therefore, Elenin will not be labeled. I'd even be surprised if you could see something as small as Elenin on Google Sky. As for Leonid Elenin, plenty of people have been in contact with him. There are members on here who have emailed him and received responses. He also runs a blog where he is constantly posting updates on the comet. There's even a link on here where he gave an interview in Russia.

Now, why isn't the media talking about the comet? Because it is no different from the other hundred odd comets discovered every year. Swift-Tutlle is a large comet that produces the most famous of all meteor showers, the Perseids. Shoemaker-Levy 9 impacted Jupiter, something that had never been witnessed before. That is why these comets are big deals. Elenin on the other hand is a small, dim comet that no one alive will ever see again. The only ones making a big deal about it are conspiracy theorists.

I can give you the same amount of evidence of a 3600 year orbit as you can a, what, 10,000 OR 600,000 year orbit. Which is it? You give me two different hypothesis, I give you one. Which one is more likely? Your two, or my (and others) one?

What you say is all true. Yet, if my theory is correct, Leonid Elenin is a front name that was used and this comet has been known to man since the late 70's when NASA first announced the existence of Planet X, then went silent about it.

So you are basing your conclusion on a fact that may not be a fact at all. You are assuming that Elenin is in fact a new discovery, when I say it is not. Therefore, Google Sky would have all the reason in the world to hide it, regardless if it is real time. And yes, I know Google Sky is not real time, geesh. I am not an idiot bro.

Plenty of people have emailed Leonid. Yet, not one TV interview that I know of or can find? Can anyone find me some live interviews?

And, if you forgot, this is in fact a Conspiracy Board. That's why you, me, and everyone in the sound of my voice is here reading this. Again, GEESH.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by nataylor

You are welcome and I did notice that it would be above earths orbit,
but could spread out both above and below the earths orbital plane?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Let ME keep THIS short. So let's say that earth is a haystack, and the ISS is a needle orbiting it (Seriously, not even a good analogy because the ISS would be more like a tiny hayseed orbiting a very large haystack)

You know the best way to go about finding a needle in a haystack??
Burn the haystack.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by nataylor

Fantastic video nataylor.

Should put on a good show as it passes.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Really.... You all know what you need to do to prepare... as far as is possible for said unknown experience... Whatever is to happen in the near times to come... To whatever end... You should be preparing NOW... Many here have been studying these phenomena...these prohpecies... these signs of the times... these signals from the source and hidden observer, for most of their lives like myself... The time is NOW... from the moments your DNA began in a galactic destruction millennia ago... This experience is a vapor, but you are here NOW... Whatever appears in your dream... this is where YOU are... what is it you are being told... USE what you know.... "Those Who Have Ears Ought TO HEAR"... What role are you taking in this Form Appearance to negotiate the potentialities to Whatever End they arrive at... Know that it is ALL much bigger than we can ever possibly imagine... Keep up the good work ATSrs... Be prepared... the information.... Use it Wisely.
edit on 15-4-2011 by Baracas because: Mispelling

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjackI believe, that Elenen does in fact have 6 large trailers with it.
Given its distance, small size, and current viewing angle, there is no way to determine if there is any smaller debris following along with Elenin. Please cite your source if you have this information.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Am I missing something?

How has this thread got 99 flags, c'mon ATSer's we are more wary than this aren't we. Im sorry OP but I just can't trust you, your thread reminds me of one of those "Dying NASA scientist" videos on youtube. I'm not saying your lying, its just without sources I can't verify this myself.

I will agree that there is an air of mystery surrounding Elenin, especially with the comets discoverer. I mean where is he???

I don't know whats going to happen with this strange comet but I guess i'll find out soon.

ALS

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join