It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside info on comet Elenin (yes, you're being lied to)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by billxam

Well, us peons will know when it hits..

..and we can then curse JPL..

..like it would do any good

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

First off can you give me evidence that this comet has a 3600 year orbit. I have seen 10,000 up to 600,000 year orbit, but no 3600 year orbit. In fact someone posted an article stating that this is the comet's first pass for the solar system.

As for Google Sky, it is not a live feed. Those pictures are from years ago. Therefore, Elenin will not be labeled. I'd even be surprised if you could see something as small as Elenin on Google Sky. As for Leonid Elenin, plenty of people have been in contact with him. There are members on here who have emailed him and received responses. He also runs a blog where he is constantly posting updates on the comet. There's even a link on here where he gave an interview in Russia.

Now, why isn't the media talking about the comet? Because it is no different from the other hundred odd comets discovered every year. Swift-Tutlle is a large comet that produces the most famous of all meteor showers, the Perseids. Shoemaker-Levy 9 impacted Jupiter, something that had never been witnessed before. That is why these comets are big deals. Elenin on the other hand is a small, dim comet that no one alive will ever see again. The only ones making a big deal about it are conspiracy theorists.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by tomten

Sounds like government disinfo to me!!!!

Just kidding. Thanks for posting but I don't think it will stop the panic and fear mongering.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gerizo

Originally posted by Heyyo_yoyo
It's really very funny... ran a search, just for the term Comet Elenin over at JPL and got a return of 0.

I Guess JPL, who normally has ALOT to say, about ALOT of things, has nothing to say relating to Comet Elenin. Really, very funny....

Wow I just tried that and yep no results. I also notice the information being pulled from the web and youtube.With enough people interested hopefully we will be able to find out the truth before its too late.

There are two pages of hits, on NASA's web page.
When searching for Elenin.

NASA elenin search

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

you said it did not have a tail. I posted a blog made by the guy who discovered the comet and he says it is 900,000 Km long....I am going to listen to him

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I haven't read every single post in this thread but, looking at the JPL model, I see the potential for a major problem when/if the comet disintegrates when it swings around the sun. The predicted path will be different for all those small bodies and earth/iss could likely be in the path of a hail of mini comets.....it's just a matter of at which point it breaks apart...if it indeed does.
edit on 15-4-2011 by 3dman7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

No, no , no....

That tail has mass, which is what makes it visible....

Well....yes, "mass" in the sense that even one atom has mass. BUT, it is visible because it becomes excited, energized by the Solar radiation, and it is reflective of the Sun's visible light spectrum (to our eyes).

The "tail" and coma are gaseous. Poof!! You are living in a gas, right now. Can you feel it? Yes, the air around you has mass, too....and the Earth's atmosphere at Sea Level is thousands of times more dense than a comet's tail and coma.......

edit on 15 April 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by THEDUDE86

you said it did not have a tail. I posted a blog made by the guy who discovered the comet and he says it is 900,000 Km long....I am going to listen to him

Debris trail, not tail, you ignoramus.

Do you even know what the tails of comets are made of? One is gaseous, the other is made of dust.

link   
Not sure if this has been stated but the thing that would worry me is if the comet causes a change with the moon and hence tides on earth etc., etc., etc...........and all the doom and gloom that would come with it.
Lets say it by chance lines up and hits the moon
Then what ?

link   

Um, Elenin isn't passing closer than any other comet in history. In fact it's not even going to be the closest comet this year. Comet Honda will be passing within .0601 AU of Earth this August.

link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

There is no evidence. Someone made it up because Zacharia Sitchin said Nibiru was said to have a 3600 year orbit (actually disproven by Summerian cuneform scholars now). NASA have calculated it to be over 10,000 years. It's a long period comet and thus it's orbit cannot be precisely measured, only guessed at.

Oh no, now someone is going to say it last came 12,000 years ago and thats why the Pyramids were built and Atlantis sank. Doh.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Once again I will post the guy who actually discoved this comets website. He does not reply that often, as I am sure he is busy, but seriously send him a question about the comet. He says it will not come anywhere near us. His calculations say 34 million miles.

He also figured out the size of the tail.

spaceobs.org...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

First off can you give me evidence that this comet has a 3600 year orbit. I have seen 10,000 up to 600,000 year orbit, but no 3600 year orbit. In fact someone posted an article stating that this is the comet's first pass for the solar system.

As for Google Sky, it is not a live feed. Those pictures are from years ago. Therefore, Elenin will not be labeled. I'd even be surprised if you could see something as small as Elenin on Google Sky. As for Leonid Elenin, plenty of people have been in contact with him. There are members on here who have emailed him and received responses. He also runs a blog where he is constantly posting updates on the comet. There's even a link on here where he gave an interview in Russia.

Now, why isn't the media talking about the comet? Because it is no different from the other hundred odd comets discovered every year. Swift-Tutlle is a large comet that produces the most famous of all meteor showers, the Perseids. Shoemaker-Levy 9 impacted Jupiter, something that had never been witnessed before. That is why these comets are big deals. Elenin on the other hand is a small, dim comet that no one alive will ever see again. The only ones making a big deal about it are conspiracy theorists.

*Side Note*
The celestial coordinates that coincide with the location of this object is literally blacked out in Google Sky.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by THEDUDE86

...you said it did not have a tail....

NO, I never wrote that. I talked about the coma (which gets people "excited" because they hear it is "growing"!
They misunderstand this to think it implies that the entire comet is "growing"!)

The "tail" is only a phenomenon of a comet's approach to its host star. (Our Sun, in this case.....since we haven't been to other stars, but can infer that THEY TOO will have similar orbiting phenomena).

What I wrote is that there is no "TRAIL" --- in response to a member who thought the comet was somehow "picking up" debris and "dragging it along" behind it....like it had a physical wake, or some such nonsense.

As I said....comprehension in reading. Reading is fundamental (R.I.F.)

READ IT AGAIN: www.abovetopsecret.com...

See? I write about the TAIL......as part of the COMA......
edit on 15 April 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I have taught my sons the absolute power contained within an egg sized rock,and the relative power contained in a pocketful of egg sized rocks.You see we live in a dangerous neighborhood and most kids carry weapons usually a knife,I have taught my kids the intrinsic flaw in this type of thinking.

A knife is against the law to carry,a knife is a close in weapon,a knife gives you a false sense of security,I gave my oldest son a banana and I challenged him to touch me with it before I hit him with the three tennis balls I had in my hands,he didnt make it----he never meade it ever and neither has his brother.

EGG SIZED ROCK.

A baseball bat,a knife,fists,good luck when my first egg sized rock crushes your skull or breaks your arm.

Has anyone considered that "someone who doesnt like us"might be sending large rocks our way???

Ever heard of the RODS OF GOD??Tungsten rods held in orbit ,to be released on target carrying tremendous energy akin to a nuke ,without actually leaving the definition of conventional warfare.

probably wouldnt take to much effort to redirect a large mass at something as big as our planet.

Would an impact crater leave radioactivity?extinction level,would there be any reason you couldnt return to the planets surface relatively soon after such a hit?

What better way to depopulate the planet,build bunkers for yourselves,then simply nudge a big rock our way and let er rip.Knowing full well that you will be able to resurface and take over once the proverbial dust settles.And no moral dillemma,and no radioactive planet for thousands of years either.

Blame it on nature,right?

edit on 15-4-2011 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

You may have a point there - Comet Elenin seems to have a really wide elliptical orbit which means it only passes Earth a couple of thousands of years later. You can check this orbit yourself in that NASA orbit website.

But still, waiting for your proof...............
edit on 15-4-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
why dont they slow the space station by 1 MPH. by the time it comes it wont hit. I know, I know im hella smart.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by [davinci]

Well.....you can stop shivering, and relax.....because:

Started shivering when I read yout post, can't seem to stop.

3600 years....

...."3600 years" is a load of bull. It was just made up, and that is because someone else already made up that number before....in relation to the (NON-existent) "nibiru".

Look for burdman3006's post......the actual period of Comet Elenin's orbit is in the range of 660,000 YEARS!

Really? Because "burdman3006" is one opinion, and the only one I have seen thus far regarding this 660,000 year orbit. I guess everyone, including JPL is wrong but Burdman3006 is right.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The tail of the comet is what everyone is worried about.
It's gonna be like a "torch" aimed right at earth.
Watch the vid as it approaches the inside of the earths orbit before it crosses earths path.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by A por uvas

It is NOT going to hit the Moon! Won't even come that close.

Anyway, I posted pages back about how ineffectual any hit would be, considering that the Moon has been hit by MUCH WORSE in the last 4.5 Billion years:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join