It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside info on comet Elenin (yes, you're being lied to)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
A very good thread but what gets me is, why would NASA be trying to cover up something like this?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by [davinci]
reply to post by BobAthome

...To verify that the 3600 year orbit is accurate...

Started shivering when I read yout post, can't seem to stop.

3600 years; this fits EXACTLY into the window that we should be expecting a major series of disasters. As for censoring data...I had used Wiki to track this cycle back through to 10 000 BC aout a year ago. Plain as day, there it was (the cycle).

Interestingly enough, they have changed thier format and this is no longer possible to do.

Any bets on this being blue too?

Time to pack the rest of the B.O.B.
edit on 15-4-2011 by [davinci] because: (no reason given)

Quite the coincidence huh? The famed Nibiru purportedly has a 3600 year orbit as well.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
Is this the thing that killed the dinosaurs? Lost, flooded atlantis? Noah and the ark. Is this why the gov't has huge ships underground? Tunnels underground and why other countries are doing the same and lying to the people with mass amounts of lost money. So, when all hell breaks loose, valcanos, tectonic plates, floods and then when something hits it blankets the earth in dust and covers the sun and we go into a mini ice age and we all die. I think i will become a massive alcoholic in November 1st. my birthday nov. 10th. My only wish will be that we all get spared and i then can go to rehab.

I am with you, Cloaked4u!

This situation is beyond frightening. I have never been one to be an alarmist, but there are way too many facts in this situation that I just can not discard as just pure fear mongering.

Here are the facts as I know them, and have been studying now for several months:

1. This comet is real. Whether you want to deny it or accept it, it is as real as real can get.
2. Its trajectory and velocity are calculated. We have in plain sight and at our fingertips that information
3. Based on those calculations, we know for a fact that even though the comet may not strike earth, we do know that it has a substantial debris field.
4. We know that the earth is going to pass THROUGH that debris field
5. The Earth currently passes through several comet debris fields, including the Leonids (here), Lyrids, (here), and Perseids (amongst others) of which all are well documented and anticipated by astronomy buffs worldwide. The debris fields are what give us meteor showers for those who dont know...
6. Elenin is on an elliptical orbit which brings it to earth every ~3600 years. FACT
7. World wide earth events have occurred on these 3600 year intervals, including the great flood, the loss of atlantis, the appearance of the Mayan civilization, etc. These events are documented in the bible, the Kolbrin bible, and various other ancient documents
8. Read the Kolbrin Bible. The description of events surrounding the return of "Niburu" are startling. The meteor showers and destruction of the planet surface by the passing of this "Planet X" are just amazing. And whether you believe what you read or not, it was written. Why was it written? Because the events were traumatic enough that people wrote about the events. Why? Because these events happened. The Kolbrin is not fiction, nor is the Bible. Both tell the story of our ancient past.
9. Governments around the globe, if they were in the "know" about the approaching potential earth disaster, would NEVER release this information to the public. It would cause massive panic and deaths worldwide from hoarding, fighting, suicides, and terror. Can you imagine? How many people would die just trying to get a seat in a bunker? Or to steal food? Water? Supplies?
10. There is no where to run, and no where to hide. We already have in front of us a historical record of events that took place over these 3600 year intervals. Why is anyone denying that this year/next year fall on that 3600 interval line? Why would we all of a sudden be spared? The comet hasnt changed trajectory, and while the earth may have shifted slightly after each pass of this massive body (call it a planet, or a comet or whatever), we are not going to all of a sudden just sit here and watch the comet appear and disappear like Haley. The earth is in its path, and it is definitely in the path of its debris trail.

Then one has to ask some other questions. Why did the US government cancel all future shuttle launches, even though we have spent BILLIONS on the ISS and now have no way of getting there except through Russian launches? Really? We have a working shuttle program. We have technology in space that we depend on daily to run our lives by way of communication sats and military spy sats, and now have no way of getting there or lift new technology (al biet through other lifting payload systems)?

NASA has no new plans for exploration except for possibly Mars, though it would take decades to develop the technology to get there and back? All of a sudden we have a void at NASA that no body can explain?

Then ask yourself, why is our President behaving as though he has nothing to lose?

Then, why the push all of a sudden for the One World Government? I mean, the last 2-3 years this push has been almost a joke it is so clear to me? Because cities and countries around the globe would collapse if this comet does the damage I think it will and One World Government would almost be a necessity to carry civilization forward? If the damage and destruction is real, entire countries would be devastated, and those who survive would have no-one to "govern" them.

Why is the US government spending money at the pace they are spending, knowing full well that if they continue, the US dollar will fall? Why ? Is it because in 8 months it wont matter?

Then there are the more conspiratorial things like why is google hiding the comet from Google Sky? Where is Leonid Elenin, the discoverer of the comet? Nobody has been in contact with him? Does he even exist? Compare him to the media coverage of Swift-Tuttle? We have a planet level event on one hand that was nearly covered every day in the main stream media, yet, Leonid Elenin discovers a comet that is on a direct trajectory toward earth and nothing? HELLO? How about Shoemaker-Levy? EXTENSIVE COVERAGE, but nothing about Leonid Elenin or his Comet?

I don't know guys. Something just doesn't add up.

My fingers hurt...your turn.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

You are absolutely correct -- it is just a Bloody Comet.

Wow, I dont know about you friend, but every comet that I know of has a debris trail whether it is made of ice, or some other solid matter. It has mass. Therefore, it has gravity. And it is not unreasonable to suggest that Elenin, like so many other comets, has a tail that spans upwards of hundreds of thousands of miles. That tail has mass, which is what makes it visible.

And while it is just a Bloody Comet, it is a Bloody Comet that is going to make the closest approach to earth than ANY OTHER comet in the history of man.

Right, no need to worry. Because, you were here 3600 years ago when it passed this close to earth, right?

Ok, so your next denial will be that it is not on an elliptical orbit, or that it is on a straight trajectory just meandering its way through the universe, right?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I've noticed a lot of people mentioning our passing through the tail of this comet AFTER it crosses in front of Earths orbit. I also have learned that the tail of a comet ALWAYS faces away from the sun as it travels around in its own orbit. To me, this suggests that we will not pass through it on our way around the sun. It (the 900,000 km tail of crazy gaseous debris) will pass over us from behind.... kind of like Earth being caught behind a jet engine.

Did anyone see Jackass 2 1/2? That movie suggests that this comet may in fact hurl shoes and tomatoes toward us at devastating speeds. And if we invest in our squirrel suits now, we may be able to make the best out of a crappy situation.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

So 1 through 5, all normal things.

6. Elenin is on an elliptical orbit which brings it to earth every ~3600 years. FACT

Not true. It's been calcuated to over 10,000 years. So WRONG.

7. World wide earth events have occurred on these 3600 year intervals, including the great flood, the loss of atlantis, the appearance of the Mayan civilization, etc. These events are documented in the bible, the Kolbrin bible, and various other ancient documents

Err, okay, what worldwide catastrophie happened in 1589 BC? Nothing. Next please.

The rest of your post was standard Kool-aid drinking. Fun to read that someone can be so scared of something that doesn't exist. Do you believe in the Yeti, Santa, Shoe-fixing eleves and the Easter Bunny? Might as well go all in, son.

edit on 15-4-2011 by Logman because: yes, I meant BC

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

No, if it is a Brown dwarf ..then it IS, or SHOULB BE the same size as Jupiter..with 5 to 20 times its mass. And yes, it should be perturbing alot of things. Without the data to compare the orbits of the other planets..it would be very difficult to verify. I am sure though that if it is the case there are people who are in the know.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

Can you direct me to the post that has the scientific proof of this fact? It's probably somewhere in this thread, but I can't find it.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Logman

You do mean BC correct?

link   

Tried to star, got this:

error: you can not rate that post

...Tried to search, nothing would load or the pages were blank. Ie., this one returned a blank page:

NASA's buzz about comet Elenin
14 Mar 2011 ... Comet Elenin, as it is called, is of particular interest to NASA because of the close proximity to Earth that its orbit will reach during ...
www.earthpulsedaily.net/epd-post/nasa-s-buzz-about-comet-elenin -

...and I'll try to star again...

OP - S&F&

link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

Here's an article from Sky & Telescope.
About Elenin.
Very informative.

Sky & Telescope, about Elenin

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Bob's inside information could have to do with many things, not necessarily the comet hitting the ISS.

This comet is supposedly in a 38,000 year orbit. This is supposedly a Very long orbit and therefore may be picking up a huge negative charge. It could be that this very negatively charged comet could fry circuits on the ISS, and on earth for that matter.

From this website below, you can read about some theories on this comet, the electric comet.

www.thunderbolts.info...

THis blog is a good read for those truly interested.

link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

"these are my calculations, but I've revised the 0.24AU's down to 0.0004617 AU's on 21.42pm 16th Oct 2011 (pretty god dam close!)"

Someone is lying. Either JPL is using false information at their site or someone is feeding false information. I think what we need at this point is factual information regarding the true orbital track of this object. If the JPL animation is wrong, one has to wonder the accuracy of virtually everything they make public. That is a very serious matter.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/41844042d150.gif[/atsimg]
edit on 15-4-2011 by billxam because: added content

link   
So much concern and such muddled versions the facts about what's happening/going to happen. It's just a comet and we regularly get visits from those very picturesque heavenly objects. Early last century comet Halley passed so close that the earth passed through its tail and rumors spread about Arsenic being detected (spectrographically) in its tail which led to people going nuts about the earth being fatally poisoned by said Arsenic fallout and what happened? ... nothing apart from a very spectacular show in the night sky.

I'm not at all concerned about this comet and look forward to a far better show than Halley put on last time it cruised past us (too far away). Days of meteor showers - absolutely brilliant viewing and I'll be dusting off the telescope well in advance for this one

link   
reply to post by THEDUDE86

EXCUSE ME?

?????

Another great example of someone who doesnt know what they are talking about......The tail is over 900,000 Km long

I didn't bother to note, in my post, the length of the "tail". But, yes....that is ONE estimate that I've read. It is middle-of-the-road in size. WHAT is your point?? I do happen to know, very well, what I am talking about, and what I wrote. Perhaps it is someone's reading comprehension that is at fault, here?

Also, in the past few months, not years, months. We have learned many things about comets, such as they are not mostly ice. They are mostly dust and rock with ice being formed at the surface.....

Not just in "the last few months"!!!

NASA "Deep Impact" mission to Comet 9P/Tempel, July 4 2005

When Deep Impact smashed into comet Tempel 1 on July 4, 2005....

More reading, from Wiki

That was followed by the "Stardust-NeXT" to analyze the results. February of this year. Might be why you have this "only a few months" misconception. Of course, the Stardust has been in operation since 1999.......

NOT ALL COMETS ARE THE SAME!! SO far, we have had "up close and personal" looks at only a tiny example. Comet 9P/Tempel, for instance:

Astronomers hypothesized, based on its interior chemistry, that the comet formed in the Uranus and Neptune Oort cloud region of the solar system. A comet which forms farther from the Sun is expected to have greater amounts of ices with low freezing temperatures, such as ethane, which was present in 9P/Tempel. Astronomers believe that other comets with compositions similar to Tempel 1 are likely to have formed in the same region.[

Except for the mission to rendezvous and get a (long awaited) up close examination. Of ONE example. The composition of the comets observed previously is based on their orbit, and assumed nucleus size, to determine the mass. ONCE YOU KNOW the orbit, and the approximate diameter, you can calculate a mass range. That gives you a basis for "guessing" at what it might be composed of, based on the density of known materials.

Another example of someone who has not researched before posting.

Indeed???

"....a few months..." ....in a pig's eye.......!

edit on 15 April 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

link   

And while it is just a Bloody Comet, it is a Bloody Comet that is going to make the closest approach to earth than ANY OTHER comet in the history of man.

Really? Man, people do talk a lot of # here on ATS, I can hardly stand it.

School thyself via this link

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Yep..

just look at Thundar the Barbarian!!

..kinda kidding..but kinda serious too..

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Please could you add some scientific proof to some of your "facts" about this Extinction Level Event. Specifically, the one where you say this comet passes by us every 3600 years? Actually don't worry about the other "facts" if we can just straighten this one out first that would be great.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Romekje

I'm not jumping on the bandwagon just yet but i tend to hinge to it being true since there seemingly is a blackout going on concerning this comet indeed.

What blackout?

Just because someone says there's a blackout doesn't mean there is, do some of your own research.

Check the links I posted earlier for a head start if you like.

After the whole EARTH is wiped out.(not just bcoz of this thread)... this guy will still be calling everything a hoax....

Chadwickus's soul : " We are all in a dream wake up people ..we are not dead yet...check these links
www.bullish.com/chadwickus"

just having some fun

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by operation mindcrime

yes, i assume it is. what i said in the op is what my source told me. thats all. i'm not an expert on any of this. i'm presenting you with what i know.

"YOU know about the comet elenin?!?, nasa is worried it will hit the space station"

Riddle me this....if the comet is going to be so close that it might hit the ISS, wouldn't your "source" have said they are worried it will hit earth? I mean, forget the ISS...if it gets close enough to be a risk to a space station, the earths gravitational pull will draw it into the atmosphere, correct? So why the F would they care about the ISS?!

Maybe the comet is like a giant sponge (in texture only) and poses no risk of a mass extintion event, because most of it will burn up then just crumple when it hits the ground. but it would destroy the ISS

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join