It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mainstream Media coverage.. MASS SIGHTINGS

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlawlessVictory

Originally posted by boncho
4 people? One of the most important religious areas in the world and only four people saw it? riiiight.

Your reading comprehension skills aren't really up to par. He very clearly states that HUNDREDS saw the phenomena and that there were 4 people that FILMED it.

Pay closer attention if you want to thump your chest next time.
edit on 15-4-2011 by FlawlessVictory because: (no reason given)

Ive read through this whole thread and its my opinion that misunderstandings like this are the basis for a fair amount of the squabbles so prevalent here. F.V. is obviously correct. But not just about the witnesses,people come into this topic ready to render judgement so readily that the basic facts become overlooked conveniently or not.I believe its likely atleast one of those is genuine (conservative I think).That being said,one is all I need. Is it really grasping?I mean come on,this website is a channel through which innumerable claims are analyzed by a fair size community of varied lives and experience,I believe if you boil down its just a numbers game. Sooner or later amongest the rubble of faked/hoax incidents,there will be genuine occurances sparse as they may be...I think that's a sensible notion,if not a compromise.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I don't think anyone could listen to the first,then the second and still hold the opinion that they are one and the same. Further,the mannerisms and inflection used in the second such as the gasps and pauses mimic those of the first very well. However context dictates that those pattern markers are pretty much were the similarities end,atleast IMHO.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Where are the hundreds of witnesses exactly?

edit on 15-4-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

I think that given the location, that is the exact reason why these witnesses haven't come out. Whether they want to be anonymous, are being forced/threatened to, or simply that they themselves dismiss what was seen or interpreting it for being something else (Jesus come down from the "Heavens"?). The location of this phenomena plays a bigger role than how one would think...
edit on 16-4-2011 by FlawlessVictory because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I remember listening to that live in '97 with my Dad. We were on the balcony of my parents home and we had chills. We were so creeped out, in fact, that we both got up and went inside and just sat in the quiet for a while before either of us spoke again. Now I'm much older (25) and that still gives me the creeps. That poor fellow was serious.

He spoke of 'disaster to come' and think about all of the things that have happened since '97 (much higher frequency and higher death toll than others wouldn't you say?) and are thought to be around the corner...who knows, but one things for sure. That man was running for his life from God knows who...or what.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSmokeydogg7
That call freaked me out dude sounded scared to death

There are a *lot* of out of work actors in America...a lot.

The fact is, this could have been some guy that is fed up with 'tin foil hat' type talk radio, and decided to practice his 'craft' to see if he could convince everyone listening....he was quite good...although, not great.

If he was genuine, he is (or was) a berk.

Phoning into that type of radio show, when 'they' are after him, using a mobile that can be easily traced to himself?
(he says himself that they are probably triangulating his position)

Why wouldn't *anyone* in that situation DUMP their mobile phone, buy a cheap, basic payg mobile for cash, and use that...they'd have a hard job tracing that back to him. Stay on the phone for short period, and ring back.

Send an email....write it at leisure, send it to the show from a library or cafe', *then* call and talk about the main points...but no.

There are many things this guy could have done if he was *really* as freaked out as he seemed. He didn't do any of them.

And this is a supposedly intelligent, black ops employee? Do 'they' pick just any idiot to work on these projects then?

I imagined you'd have to be pretty intelligent to be considered? Obviously not, if this guy is anything to go by.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Xterrain

He spoke of 'disaster to come' and think about all of the things that have happened since '97 (much higher frequency and higher death toll than others wouldn't you say?)

Compared to the 20th centuries disasters?

Nope, not really.

There are so many to list, but *MANY* wars...many, many millions slaughtered.

'A few Nuclear events'...hundreds and hundreds of nuclear bombs exploded...fallout everywhere, two atomic bombs dropped in anger, radioactive Depleted Uranium (DU) battlefield weaponry, Nuclear power reactor meltdowns - Three mile Island, Windscale disaster, Chernobyl etc.

Oil spills, leaks, etc.

Natural disaster are too numerous to list, but some of the biggie's are Tunguska asteroid/meteorite, luckily in a mostly unpopulated area of Siberia.

Major Earthquakes and Tsunamis, the latest of which we all know about.

And many, many more.

I think the guy was acting. Why waste time sobbing, when you claim the possession of the most important information to fall into a human being's hands?

What could be more important than the impending doom of the human race? Yet...the caller wasted most of his time stuttering and sobbing, like a little child would.

And why not get right to the 'actual' disaster information, since that is the thing that would be affecting us, surely?

If he was genuine, which i seriously doubt, he was an idiot.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Actually Skeptic Overlord recreated the video to show exactly how it was made. And other people have shown that the audio tracks were edited into the videos. 4 people? One of the most important religious areas in the world and only four people saw it? riiiight.

SO, it is not hard to recreate anything with CGI, it doesn't mean the original is not real. The video from main stream media stated 4 videos were available and other witnesses. I am sceptical but to say it is CGI when there are independent witnesses seems almost like clutching at straws. As to where they are I have no idea, but you cant imagine that everyone who sees something is going to run straight to ATS for your benefit . Considering the time span of this event I think it is quite lucky we actually got 4 videos from the event, I know if I had seen that, by the time I remembered to get my cell out, unlocked it, switched it to cam, then to night shot video the whole event would of been over. This of course must make us ask, why did these 4 manage to get video? My guess, and it is only a guess, is that they were tourists filming the sights when it happened.

And what about the swirls in Norway and New Zealand, filmed by lots and lots of different witnesses, seen by hundreds of people, That cant be CGI, certainly wasn't Chinese lanterns and def not a hoax, it is something unexplained, maybe alien maybe natural but it is an event that cannot be explained.

What about the UFO over the air port, were 17 flights redirected because of a hoax?, were all those people there misguided and seeing natural phenomenon? I very much doubt it, is the video footage that comes with it faked? even though everyone there saw it and flights were redirected? Again I very much doubt it.

Unless there are multiple eyewitnesses (and because of technology these days) multiple videos, posted sightings often are fake.

The amount of people who see something does not determine its validity, it can be just as real if only person sees, if only one video is taken. Just because there were not masses seeing it doesn't make it fake, just harder to validate. Besides by your theory, all the above cases MUST be true because they were seen by hundreds, but yet you still try to debunk them. These are not the actions of a sceptic, these are the actions of a debunker and it is not the same thing.

People here state all sorts of hypocritical things, they say an image is not clear enough so it is fake, they say its too clear, too good to be true so its fake. Events where there are hundreds of witnesses and various videos and yet people still claim its fake. I am sceptical of all the things I view, I look for natural explanations, obvious signs of trickery, I realise that 90% can be discounted straight away, and from the remaining 10% most of those will be explainable by some sort of natural phenomena, but there are some incidents, some videos that cant be so easily discounted

Its just annoying for people to just come in and say fake, and expect everyone to believe them, do we believe everyone who comes in and says it is real? No of course we don't And unless someone has researched a video properly and all the background surrounding it I don't have to accept anyone's word on it being fake. Way to often so many threads get put into the hoax bin because the same people come in and just say FAKE without any real basis to do so. If you want to be a true sceptic, then be sceptical both ways...

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Too bad almost all the footage in the video has already been debunked....

Second.

LMAO

Translation: "I've seen all I need to see, have formulated my opinion, and wish to hear no more."

[And, "Almost All" = '1 or 2 that I knew to be questionable, so I'll go ahead and assume the rest are bullsh:t, too' - typical debunker mubo-jumbo]

Most conspiracies that people claim to have been 'debunked', are no where near - but, go ahead...

edit on 4/16/2011 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The guy on the phone sounds psychotic.. "released on a medical discharge" I don't understand what this means cos English isn't my first language..

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
There are way to many occurrences in a short amount of time for people to deny the fact that we aren't alone.

The fact that they can see it in the city is proof that it is a really bright light. Light pollution in major city's is a problem. Maybe not in Jerusalem I don't know. But major city's have a problem with that.

Originally posted by Jonas86
The guy on the phone sounds psychotic.. "released on a medical discharge" I don't understand what this means cos English isn't my first language..

It means there was something wrong with either his body or his mind that he couldn't do his job good.
edit on 16-4-2011 by Sforscott because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Maybe you should think twice about that caller being a "berk", because he made his phone call back in the year 1997. I'm not sure, if there already were prepaid-handies or stuff like that, and also, remember, those were the days, when Internet wasn't already in every household.

I, like many other people, still am not sure what to think about that strange call. I mean - if that guy really hoaxed that, then he should get an acadamy award for one of the most convincing acts ever, shouldn't he?

And even if it was hoaxed by that guy, that still doesn't explain, why the transmission got lost. This could only be explained, if Art himself was part of the hoax. But then - why should the hoaxer have called in several month later (I think it was in april 1998) to say, that it was a hoax, but Art didn't say anything about his partizipation in that hoax? That doesn't make sense.

I remember that the guy in the second call said, that he was scared, that the transmission of his first call went lost. So, if he really made a joke, then, possibly by accident, he stumbled upon something...

Something's fishy in that story.

There's one detail, I can't clearly remember where I found it, and I can't proof it, so just take it for my word, but I rember having read something about another caller, who called in into the Art Bell show a short time after the "frantic caller", and he said he was something like a security guard...

I found it!!! I just searched through my saved datas, and I found something, that's probably very interesting for those still interested in the story of that strange caller:

GE-1 HIT WITH APPARENT E.M.P. DURING "AREA-51" CONFESSION

Art Bell hosts "Coast-to-Coast AM," a nightly talk show from Pahrump, Nevada, a small town near "Area 51" (an airbase which the U.S. government officially denies the existence of, despite the massive size of the complex. UFO's are frequently seen near this site.)

Art's radio program is relayed from the studio in Pahrump to the network headquarters by satellite GE-1. At about 1AM EST, Friday, September 12, 1997, he designated one phone line for Area 51 employees to call in and "spill the beans." Several interesting and convincing callers took the bait.

Then came one bizarre call from an obviously distraught and terrified man who claimed to be a former Area 51 employee recently discharged for "medical" reasons. He cited malevolent extraterrestrials at Area 51 and an impending disaster that the government knew would take out "major population centers." Midway through this call (according to GE engineers) the satellite's "Earth sensor lost lock" and the craft rolled into an attitude where it no longer pointed at the uplinks, causing 50 channels to go off-air for about 30 minutes.

Shortly after the outage began, the live internet video feed from Art's studio was lost as well. Unaware of these events, Bell continued talking to the caller for another minute during the outage until he heard a scream and the phone went dead. A reporter from Penthouse visiting the studio to gather information for a story about the program witnessed the event and furiously took notes. Minutes later, Bell received a call from his network on a conventional analog "hotline" saying that he was "off the air."

He checked the uplink transmitter and saw that it had suffered complete loss of communication with GE-1. At this point they resumed transmission on a 56k digital phone line and went back on the air. Then the analog "hotline" to the network cut out and Art was unable to speak to network engineers. One of the first callers after the outage was someone who claimed to be from Area-51 "security." He said that his job was to "close gaps," the network had been "pulsed" and that we "would not hear from the caller again." (An ElectroMagnetic Pulse is a method of overloading electronic equipment in a target area; EMP generators were funded under the original SDI research. The phenomenon was discovered by accident during the 1960's when the phone network in Hawaii was disabled by a nuclear test 800 miles distant.)

Speculation about an EMP continued as this was "verified" by several callers: A man from Kingston (also near area 51) said he was on hold waiting to go on the air, and both his home telephone lines went dead. Another caller, an RF engineer employed at Hughes AeroSpace in Tucson (and an expert on EMP shielding), stated that he had suffered "cloud bounce" from the pulse and his personal computer and digital watch were wiped clean. A third caller reminded the audience that author Nick Begich stated in his book "Angels don't Play this HAARP" that a military antenna array in Alaska has the capability to remove individual satellites from service and generate such pulses. (Incidentally, the HAARP design bears a great similarity to the work of Nikola Tesla, who publicly made claims about the potential of his inventions to generate EMP anywhere on the planet.)

Finally, another caller reminded the audience of an event several months prior where it was confirmed that a number of employees at the Cheyenne Mountain nuclear-hardened underground base convinced as many friends and family as they could to move immediately to a remote location in South America. Art closed the show by speculating on whether (in the mind of the government) the "enemy" of National Security had now become the American people.

(c)1997, STA intelligence advisor All rights reserved. Forwarding is authorized.

And from the same source:

TRANSCRIPT: The following is a verbatim transcript from last night's Art Bell Show at
approximately 1:45 A.M. Friday Sept. 12, 1997 (2:35:42 RealAudio elapsed
time, ww2.audionet.com...):

Art: On my Area 51 line, you're on the air, hello.

Male caller: Hello, Art?

Art: Yes

Caller [sounds frightened]: I don't have a whole lot of time.

Art: Well, look, let's begin by finding out if you're using this line
properly or not.

Caller: OK, in Area 51?

Art: Yes. Are you an employee or are you now?

Caller: I'm a former employee. I, I was let go on a medical
discharge about a week ago and, and... [chokes] I kind of been running
across the country. Damn, I don't know where to start, they're, they're
gonna, they'll triangulate on this position really soon.

Art: So you can't spend a lot of time on the phone, so give us something
quick.

Caller [voice breaking up with apparent suppressed crying]: OK, um, um, OK,
what we're thinking of as aliens, Art, they're extradimensional beings,
that, an earlier precursor of the space program they made contact with.
They are not what they claim to be. They've infiltrated a lot of aspects
of, of, of the military establishment, particularly the Area 51.

The disasters that are coming, they, the military, I'm sorry, the
government knows about them. And there's a lot of safe areas in this world
that they could begin moving the population to now, Art.

Art: So they're not doing, not doing anything.

Caller: They are not. They want those major population centers wiped out so
that the few that are left will be more easily controllable...."

Art [fragment]: ...discharged...

Caller [sobbing, then fragment]: I say we g ....

[Dead air for 25 seconds, followed by theme song and repeat of Mark Fuhrman
interview talking about marijuana busts]

[2:29:43 elapsed time] Art: We are now on a backup system....The entire
transmitting system went down...

Art's radio network engineer later reported that the network's
communication satellite lost 50 channels (including Art's feed) at that
moment, possibly due to a "lost earth sensor" (so it no longer pointed to
the earth station).

Art reported that the telephone conversation continued off the air for
about a minute, when the caller "screamed" and "screeched" and the
telephone connection went dead. Art also reported that his Web site
registered 5 million hits just after the outage.

Later, a Tucson caller who he said worked for Hughes (which Art said
supplies microwave systems to Area 51) reported that his computer memory
and electronic watch were zapped at the same time that the broadcast went
dead, and suggested both events may have been caused by a cloud-reflected
EMP (electromagnetic pulse, which are created by nuclear explosions or by
special EMP generator).

A caller claiming he was with Area 51 security said: "[We're] Professional
cleaners, you know they dig a lot of holes in the desert...I use a lot of
acid....We worked with satellite operations in the Gulf War when we cut
down certain transmissions...." He predicted the caller would not be
calling in again.

Speculations:

1. Test of radio network and public response to an EMP pulse disabling the
late-night national radio talk show that people are most likely to listen
to in event of a disaster.

2. Psyop media manipulation to achieve a specific public effect, perhaps
related to a planned bioterrorist or other attack (or simulated attack) in
certain cities. Caller sounded convincing but may have, of course, been
subjected to electrical shock or other duress in a controlled environment
during the call.

Questions:

1. Did anyone else note an EMP-like effect (malfunctions or damage to
computers, calculators, watches, VCRs, modems, and other electronic
devices) at approximately 1:45 A.M. Friday morning? If so, what was the
damage and what is your location?

2. How unusual is this type of communications satellite outage?

Source: www.ufomind.com...
edit on 16/4/11 by Peloquin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I've watched the video and some of the videoed sightings are extremely impressive. However, its more than likely many of them are elaborate hoaxes. The sightings that interested me were those where the 'UFO's' are moving around at seemingly incredible speeds. The sighting in Jerusalem looks credible but as we know already has been debunked. I think its very hard to evidentially prove any UFO sighting, regardless of whatever equipment is used to catch it. People will always have doubts unless the sighting or video or photo comes from a well-respected person such as a police officer or so on.

The Area 51 call in my opinion is not a hoax. Why would the stations equipment suddenly fail in the way it did? The man seemed clearly distressed and it almost sounded as if he was on the run. Saying that, I would be interested to know what he used to call the station on. The second caller which alleges that it was a hoax and he was the caller I think can be discounted as nothing more than a hoax himself. He sounds nothing like the first caller.

We have heard and are still hearing about the Men In Black who seem to pursue former Area 51/secret intelligence employees or those that do get too close to the truth...Is this what happened to the caller?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

It's not "debunker mumbo jumbo" if you read the other posts you would see why I have a problem with bad footage covered by the MSM.

This is just another cut video with no substance. Just more viral BS loaded onto YouTube that serves no purpose.

so I'll go ahead and assume the rest are bullsh:t, too'

Quote me where I said that.
edit on 16-4-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

Besides by your theory, all the above cases MUST be true because they were seen by hundreds, but yet you still try to debunk them.

I haven't tried to debunk anything in this thread. The only information I have posted in the thread was related to the Art Bell caller who claims to be a hoaxer, that's it.

The rest of my posts, I mention that some of these things have been debunked. If you want to read past ATS threads, go for it, I can assume you haven't read many on the subjects addressed in the cut video.

Oh, if you have references to the hundreds of witnesses, please post them.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

The amount of people who see something does not determine its validity, it can be just as real if only person sees, if only one video is taken.

I said sightings are "often" fake. Not "always" fake.

Now the reason for this is the amount of hoaxing that is going-on, on the internet. It is a generalization I perhaps shouldn't have made. Yes, one video and one witness can be great evidence. However, the way the evidence is disseminated is very important to the case, and you cannot deny that.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

SO, it is not hard to recreate anything with CGI, it doesn't mean the original is not real. The video from main stream media stated 4 videos were available and other witnesses. I am sceptical but to say it is CGI when there are independent witnesses seems almost like clutching at straws.
I assumed people have read through the threads on the Jerusalem UFO's. It starts getting good around Here.

If you have new evidence supporting it, be sure to post it in a new thread.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MonkeyWrench30
I had read the written script from that phone call before but hearing the fear in that mans voice puts no doubt in my mind that it was for real. Not to mention the loss of signal to literally shut down a radio station; thats a pretty big feat ....pretty freaky stuff. That call was dated in 1997.....is there any record of hearing from that guy since then?!?!

Yes there is a record of hearing from the guy. A little while after that frantic phone call, another call was made to C2C where a man claimed that he was the area 51 caller and that it was all a hoax. He also gives the same scared voice to prove it was him, admits to calling other times with other hoaxes, and even admits that when the station was knocked off the air it even freaked him out. The debate rages on, some people think the second caller and the original caller are not the same people, I however think they are. Listen below and judge for yourself.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

He also gives the same scared voice to prove it was him, admits to calling other times with other hoaxes, and even admits that when the station was knocked off the air it even freaked him out.

Did anyone find his other calls? If he had called in at other times was there ever a recording that has been talked about? I'm curious.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Ohhh good call! Yep it is just messed up but you know people will stop at any conclusion and move on lest they become bored or forced to change their stance on the whole ET thing. So many unanswerable questions that lead to more questions, thats the human connection to all of this.

I suppose that the man was captured and his fate is unknown to this day. I shudder to think of what 'could' have become him.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

While I appreciate your enthusiasm to not write off the event entirely, I must also point out with the information available there are only a few options for explanation and non are conclusive.

1. The caller was from A51, they have aliens there:

a) His call back was another person

b) His memory was wiped or he was forced to call back.

2. He is telling the truth in the second call, it was him on the original and the call back... and he made the whole thing up.

a) He was close to the truth and the radio got knocked out.

b) coincidental malfunction

3. Bell concocted the whole thing to boost ratings for his show, the band Tool released a track with the recording, so it would have been one of the first successful viral marketing campaigns.

a) Bell staged the radio dropping

I chalk the whole thing up to being strange. I won't make a judgement beyond that.

edit on 16-4-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join