It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it snowing in Canada right now?!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I remember seeing snow in May as far south as South Carolina. I have also seen T-shirt weather in northern Canada in the dead of winter. Maybe you are right about it being abnormal, but it's nothing new, just not very often. I wouldn't compare this to the end days or anything. Not implying that is what you meant, but I get the theme from a few people that they think this is a never seen before phenomena.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Skate

Well it aint normal for Vancouver:

Late spring snowfall hits Metro Vancouver
April 14, 2011 5:19 PM

www.vancouversun.com...

edit on 14-4-2011 by soleprobe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
I'm in Calgary right now and YES IT ISS NORMAL!!!!!

WE ALWAYS GET SNOW MAY LONG WEEKEND lmao.

NOJOKE.

SORRY FOR THE CAPS BUT ALL DAY I KEEP HEARING PEOPLE AT WORK TALKING ABOUT THE MASSIVE SHOW STORM BUT ITS CALGARY WE ARE IN THE MOUNTAINS FOOTHILLS FOR GOSH SAKE. IT HAPPENS EVERY YEAR

lol

LMAO it's okay. It's nice to hear this isn't unusual. I've never been to Canada so I don't know what the weather conditions down there are like. Hopefully no deaths/injuries happen!

And dang!, this thread blew up kinda fast. Got to 2 pages in like 10 minutes!

To everyone who posted in here, thank you. All worries have been put to rest.

To every Canadian, ehhh, be SAFE!!

EDIT: This was my 420th POST!!!

edit on 14-4-2011 by Skate because: Me & My Shenanigans

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by soleprobe

Someone today mentioned it snowing out in Abbotsford which is a little odd but not too unusual. In Vancouver itself it rained all day but it was cold and sometimes the rain would turn to hail, but the weather seemed pretty normal for April, even snow.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Atlanta, huh? Must be really nice down there this time of year. I'm in MN and yeah, even a little south of Canada it is completely normal for snow now. As a matter of fact, today was cold, blustery and by Saturday it'll be lows at night down to 32ish and highs during the day of perhaps 40ish. We may even get dumped on by snow, by as much as 13 inches according to one weather report. Hopefully the "Weather Gods" will take pity on us.

Yep, all is normal here, it really is. Not that we like it or anything necessarily, it just is the the nature of the beast.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Skate

its hailing in north texas.. right now

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Blizzard warning now in southwestern Nebraska, with up to a foot of snow. South Dakota, Kansas, and Nebraska expecting heavy snow tonight. All part of a system producing Tornados in Oklahoma, and Arkansas. Anything can happen. I grew up in Kansas and Nebraska and I remember storms like this in the 1950's and 1960's. Just thought I would add that to stop any global warming theories. The Weather Channel has reported softball and baseball size hail tonight also.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by dug88
….. but the weather seemed pretty normal for April, even snow.

Snow in April for Vancouver is not “pretty normal". Vancouver is experiencing “unseasonable weather”:

14 hectares of Agassiz's Seabird Island should be aflame with the orange of early tulips. But on Thursday morning, only the green stems of unopened plants were showing above a blanket of spring snow. "Only green fields to see right now. It's not what we expected," said Kate Onos-Gilbert, who stages a Tulips in the Valley festival on the property every year. The festival allows visitors to experience the magnificence of millions of flowering tulips — 25 different varieties …. But unseasonable weather has delayed blooming ….

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Not every year my friend. I lived in Calgary (Beddington Heights) in 90 and 91 and I went both winters wearing a (shudder) jean jacket and I didn't need anything heavier.

lol. 91?? haha

I only been here a few years

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Currently in Vancouver it's a cloudy 36F, 87% humidity, 20% chance of rain and winds clocking in at 9 mph/ENE

However, like a previous poster mentioned, we had a lil snowfall and actually yesterday it hailed briefly.. so, definitely moody weather, but what else is new, eh?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
It's about to snow here in southern Manitoba. It's not unusual, spring in the prairies means it sometimes snows in April, even May.

Last autumn was unusual, late rains and an early frost has lead to the floods that are hitting this province now.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I live in Labrador, Canada & we often have snow from September to June! It's snowing like crazy outside right now! It would be weird for it to not be snowing this time of year!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SpreadLoveNotHate

I dont know about fine,I am near Chatham,Ont and we had snow yesterday and this morning now its freezing rain,this is the coldest spring that i can remember EVER!! something is frikked with the world weather for sure

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
It snowed again briefly this morning, just when help was due to arrive to help work on the garden. Here we are on the west coast indundated by rain, Fukushima and snow toward the end of April.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I think we are in earth changes, with a terrible nuclear event thrown into the mix. There's also a cold period supposedly starting this year with the sun.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join