It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it snowing in Canada right now?!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Hello all, my friend from Canada is telling me that it is currently snowing like, really really hard right now.......And it's APRIL.

Is that common?? I wouldn't know because I live in Atlanta, somewhere far different then Canada's weather. My friend is from Edmonton Alberta. Can anyone verify this???

If this isn't usual, then you KNOW something is wrong...

What could be happening?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Skate

I have lived in Alberta, Manitoba and currently live in Saskatchewan. This weather is not uncommon. If it starts snowing in May or later, than I would be concerned. It doesn't happen too often, but a late snowstorm isn't unheard of.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Skate

Fine in Southern Ontario, been pretty nice recently actually. Edmonton is much more north than I am, so it shouldn't be too surprising, but I don't live there so I can't say

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Not unusual. I live in Michigan and we've had snow in MAY. In fact, we're still having lows in the low 30's so snow isn't out of the question at night around here.

link   
a couple of saturdays ago it snowed like crazy here in toronto... but right now.... no snow

link   
reply to post by Skate

Depending on which part of Canada it is,
it can snow in June. It's not uncommon
at all. Don't worry.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Its definately not unusual..im in PA and we can get snow up until the end of April sometimes...so no to it being wierd...Its Canada,they would think it was wierd if it wasnt snowing....and I also believe that the seasons/climates have been shifting anyway. So I think that even tho the dates havent changed...mother nature has
edit on 14-4-2011 by gdaub23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I'm in Calgary and we got about 10" last night. It will be gone by the weekend though.

Is it normal, geez, sometimes we get snow up until the may long weekend(the 3rd weekend in may, if you have no idea what I'm talking about) and usually do not plant any flower until then.

I know, our weather sucks. Although sometimes in winter it is +20.

Pred...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Skate

It's not too unusual. I'm in northern Minnesota 100 miles from the Canadian border and its 28 F here right now. I've seen it snow in may before. And they are calling for 5-6 inches on saturday. Yuck the ground is finally the beautiful color of dead brown before the green.

edit on 14-4-2011 by relyt because: added a line

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I'm north of Toronto
It was a beautiful day here
Ice is out...

I just noticed some of the beech trees still have their leaves on them..
that usually means more snow...
they don't drop till AFTER the last snow

which would be not too un normal

edit on 14-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
My igloo started to melt, but I'm ok now. Thanks to the snow storm.

Depends what part of Canada you are in. Snow can be common for non valley dwellers and southern parts of the provinces until the end of May.

Where I live in Canada, it looks just like Reno. Semi arid desert, brown sagebrush hills...and SUPER hot in the summer. 100-110 it can reach. But winter, damn cold. -30 sometimes. No igloos here...but snowstorms can pop up.

Currently we've been sitting around 60 F...so not too bad.

Long story short. Yeah, can be common.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
im in thunder bay and thiings here are the norm, we usually get snow till april/even into may some years, and hail is not uncommon,

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I was in Calgary in August once, when I was a kid, and it snowed.. The weather there is awful!! Made moving back to BC after living there a year that much sweeter!!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I'm in Calgary right now and YES IT ISS NORMAL!!!!!

WE ALWAYS GET SNOW MAY LONG WEEKEND lmao.

NOJOKE.

SORRY FOR THE CAPS BUT ALL DAY I KEEP HEARING PEOPLE AT WORK TALKING ABOUT THE MASSIVE SHOW STORM BUT ITS CALGARY WE ARE IN THE MOUNTAINS FOOTHILLS FOR GOSH SAKE. IT HAPPENS EVERY YEAR

lol

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
My husband works near Edmonton. He said it was coming down hard today.

I'm in Saskatchewan, mid way up, and I still have snow, but the snow in the fields around here has mostly melted, and there's lakes where the fields are supposed to be, with barbed wire fences sticking 6 inches out of the water - or ice in the morning. It's still going down to below zero celcius at night.

We're supposed to get the snow here tomorrow.
I hope they're wrong. It's time for it to go away now.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Ya it normal for a chance at snow this time of year, we can even have snowfall in the summer,what is not normal is that there is a good chance that there is radiation in this snow...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Not every year my friend. I lived in Calgary (Beddington Heights) in 90 and 91 and I went both winters wearing a (shudder) jean jacket and I didn't need anything heavier.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Skate

I live in Edmonton. It's snowing like a [insert profanity here]. Unfortunately, this isn't unusual. There's ALWAYS at least one final dump of snow in April, and sometimes even May, after a brief spring thaw. Luckily it's only a few degrees below zero (Celsius); it could be a lot worse.

What's the weather like in Atlanta right now? Does it EVER snow there? Wow... a land without snow. Is it even possible... ?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
It snowed this morning in the Fraser Valley, with peas coming up in the garden, and NO its not common. This is very abnormal weather, in fact the wind was icy, like a solar storm all night and this morning.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Skate

It is quite normal for freak snow storms to hit Edmonton this time of year. It can happen all over Canada. I heard they got 20 cm of snow. It will probably melt in the next day or two. I am in southern ontario and it was a nice day. I would be pist if it snowed again.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join