It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Insanity of ‘Budget Cutting’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
A short video by Stefan Molyneux that uses graphics and down to earth numbers to explain why the current budget cuts are LOL funny. I think it sums up our current debt problems in a way that most sane people can understand.

Our criminal overlords have decided that you are better off if they put you into debt slavery and destroy your savings accounts.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Of course its completely nuts, or funny as you put it!

This is just more smoke and mirrors, delaying the inevitable shortcomings that will come back to haunt us.

Great vid.
edit on 14-4-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I thought the latest round of political theater was just to
prepare people mentally for a loss of benefits
while ramping up the engine of blame.

During the last depression (1930's)
cries of injustice got the public to approve
moving the tax rate from 7% to 65% for the richest.

I figure the American public will give the government even more
authority to take more money from the top earners in this country
if the government beats the drums of the blame game long and loud enough.

Personally I figure ... well this next part is gonna sound pretty insane as no one on TV is talking about it...
but I figure that the whole thing is directly related to the decline in birth rate in America. Nothing else.
To lean even further into the box of insane statements, I blame abortion and birth control.
Here are the graphs.

David Grouchy

edit on 14-4-2011 by davidgrouchy because: spelling

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Obviously we can't afford medicare and social security, the way the government spends like a drunken sailor.

So, makes sense the government can make huge cuts and not save any money. Bureaucracy hates a vacum.

Like said earlier, they're preparing us for not having any benefits, but paying into the system.
edit on 15-4-2011 by dbriefed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Excellent way of presenting this so it's easier to grasp.
What a pittance. All that drama of shutting down the government over a real spending cut of only $352 million.What's really sad is that the folks I talked to last week had no clue about the budget cutting debate going on.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

of course the more money that is sitting in the offshore accounts of the rich and famous (both individuals and corps), well, the more money is taken out of the tax pool also....
and I still think that the reason why the pay for most americans have sat stagnant, or dropped even is because the bosses know, if they pay us more, they have to pay more social security, but if they pay the person making over $250,000 or whatever or more, they don't get a tax increase....

and well, now the big corps are crying for a tax holiday, so they can bring all that cash home, to america, and help keep their businesses alive and growing here...how nice!!!

and then there's the matter of what the gov't is doing with the money that it is getting....
let's see, they started another war that by one quote, is costing us something like a million a day...the quotes seem to be all over the place, but I picked a low estimate of how much it is costing...
the pentagon, unless the publicity has killed the idea, is paying over $500,000 for a stupid fairy-toad statue for the new, million dollar building, but, well, they were telling us that the troops wouldn't get paid if they didn't hit a deal on the budget???? do some of us common folk need to go to washinton and teach these people what a priority is??

at least this little aspect we may be able to do something about....
women CHOOSING not to have babies, well, there isn't much you can do about that, not if you want to keep the idea of america being the "land of the free" alive. take away women's birth control and well today's american women just might be apt to say no thanks to the sex, and then you just may find alot of grouchy men in you workforce!! if that happens, I guess we can go back to selling our 9 year old daughters off for marriage???

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
A picture says a thousand words:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0d0c25a5f569.jpg[/atsimg]

new topics

top topics

join