It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Let's Get Biblical! Why doesn't Judaism accept the Christian Messiah?

page: 5
3
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM
 


Now I apologize for being rude. It is a bad habit of mine. But I stand by my comment that no one and I repeat no has fulfilled the requirements to be the Messiah. Soon, though, we will be aware of G-d and when this happens the magic will began.




posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeraVerto
reply to post by IAMIAM
 


Now I apologize for being rude. It is a bad habit of mine. But I stand by my comment that no one and I repeat no has fulfilled the requirements to be the Messiah. Soon, though, we will be aware of G-d and when this happens the magic will began.


You are not hearing me my friend. I will try again. Jesus is the messiah to the Jews. He will fulfill ALL the prophecies when they accept HIM as their messiah. The prophecies have not all been fulfilled because they Jews rejected Jesus.

Again, I offer no proof. The proof is not my domain. God will provide the proof through the constant suffering of those who reject the teachings of Christ. Peace is impossible without abiding by his commandments. How can there be peace when there is not mutual love among the Brotherhood of Man?

You will know God when you see him everywhere you set your eyes.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 19-4-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM
 


The Messiah is supposed to fulfill the prophecies on his own. The Jews do not have to accept Jesus for that to happen. That is like having Muslims tell Christians to accept Muhammad in order for them to experience Jesus. Do you read what you type? I already have the Passion of HaShem in my heart. I'm doing my best to keep the commandments of G-d. Have you ever read what famous Jewish philosopher brilliantly wrote about how G-d is using the Christian and Islamic faiths? Source

Maimonides states that the popularity of Christianity (and Islam) is part of God’s plan to spread the ideals of Torah throughout the world. This moves society closer to a perfected state of morality and toward a greater understanding of God. All this is in preparation for the Messianic age. Indeed, the world is in desperate need of Messianic redemption. War and pollution threaten our planet; ego and confusion erode family life. To the extent we are aware of the problems of society, is the extent we will yearn for redemption. As the Talmud says, one of the first questions a Jew is asked on Judgment Day is: "Did you yearn for the arrival of the Messiah?" How can we hasten the coming of the Messiah? The best way is to love all humanity generously, to keep the mitzvot of the Torah (as best we can), and to encourage others to do so as well. Despite the gloom, the world does seem headed toward redemption. One apparent sign is that the Jewish people have returned to the Land of Israel and made it bloom again. Additionally, a major movement is afoot of young Jews returning to Torah tradition. The Messiah can come at any moment, and it all depends on our actions. God is ready when we are. For as King David says: "Redemption will come today—if you hearken to His voice."


Now what would you say if the Jewish Messiah did appear tomorrow? What would you say if he asked you anything?



posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeraVerto
reply to post by IAMIAM
 


The Messiah is supposed to fulfill the prophecies on his own. The Jews do not have to accept Jesus for that to happen. That is like having Muslims tell Christians to accept Muhammad in order for them to experience Jesus. Do you read what you type? I already have the Passion of HaShem in my heart. I'm doing my best to keep the commandments of G-d. Have you ever read what famous Jewish philosopher brilliantly wrote about how G-d is using the Christian and Islamic faiths? Source

Maimonides states that the popularity of Christianity (and Islam) is part of God’s plan to spread the ideals of Torah throughout the world. This moves society closer to a perfected state of morality and toward a greater understanding of God. All this is in preparation for the Messianic age. Indeed, the world is in desperate need of Messianic redemption. War and pollution threaten our planet; ego and confusion erode family life. To the extent we are aware of the problems of society, is the extent we will yearn for redemption. As the Talmud says, one of the first questions a Jew is asked on Judgment Day is: "Did you yearn for the arrival of the Messiah?" How can we hasten the coming of the Messiah? The best way is to love all humanity generously, to keep the mitzvot of the Torah (as best we can), and to encourage others to do so as well. Despite the gloom, the world does seem headed toward redemption. One apparent sign is that the Jewish people have returned to the Land of Israel and made it bloom again. Additionally, a major movement is afoot of young Jews returning to Torah tradition. The Messiah can come at any moment, and it all depends on our actions. God is ready when we are. For as King David says: "Redemption will come today—if you hearken to His voice."


Now what would you say if the Jewish Messiah did appear tomorrow? What would you say if he asked you anything?


If someone else appeared tomorrow claiming to be a jewish messiah, I would ask him nothing. Any messiah that comes claiming to represent anything other than all of Man is no messiah at all. Such talk only leads to further division, hate, and destruction.

What would such a person ask me? What would my answer, the words of a non-jew, matter to someone who chooses to represent only a small section of the Brotherhood of Man.

Any man who loves their own sect, their brothers and sisters, their mothers and fathers, their kin, more than me, is unworthy of me.

With Love,

Your Brother



posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
That is why I want you to understand the Messiah concept. How G-d intended people to understand the concept of the Messiah. The Messiah is going to be the leader of man to follow the rules of G-d. Live in harmony and peace. It is not about Jew or Sin. It is all about G-d and how everything will be better in the new beginning. I want to see that happen!



posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeraVerto
That is why I want you to understand the Messiah concept. How G-d intended people to understand the concept of the Messiah. The Messiah is going to be the leader of man to follow the rules of G-d. Live in harmony and peace. It is not about Jew or Sin. It is all about G-d and how everything will be better in the new beginning. I want to see that happen!


There is only one Law of the divine. That is to love one another. That is the only way to peace and harmony for no man has a right to rule another. No man has the right to judge another. We must live with our hearts, loving all unconditionally, as God loves us all unconditionally.

Does the sun not shine on sinner and saint alike? Then so should we shine our love on the high and the low alike.

Does the earth yield up it's bounty to all? Then so should we yield up our bountiful gifts to all in love and friendship.

I do not subscribe to labels such as Jew, Muslim, Christian, or Pagan. I do not see in shades of white, red, yellow, or brown. I see one family, Man, created by God with the same diversity he created the flowers of the field. All have a place in the temple of God, which is the body of Man.

If you cannot accept that the messiah of the Jews was Jesus, then you will not accept the messiah of the world has come either, for he will not come representing one tribe. He will come as Man.

With Love,

Your Brother



posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 19-4-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM
 


Well I do not see Jesus as G-d or divine. A lot of what you're mentioning is pagan toward Judaism. Yes, I do agree it is good to love people but the Messiah is going to be a man. Only G-d can judge people. People have to reason with one another. The Messiah concept is totally different Judaism and the Christian faiths. I see my faith and G-d a different way then you see yours. Now, I'm not disrespecting you I just believe I should have to put my foot down with the commandments of G-d and keep the laws of G-d.



posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeraVerto
reply to post by IAMIAM
 


Well I do not see Jesus as G-d or divine. A lot of what you're mentioning is pagan toward Judaism. Yes, I do agree it is good to love people but the Messiah is going to be a man. Only G-d can judge people. People have to reason with one another. The Messiah concept is totally different Judaism and the Christian faiths. I see my faith and G-d a different way then you see yours. Now, I'm not disrespecting you I just believe I should have to put my foot down with the commandments of G-d and keep the laws of G-d.


Jesus NEVER said he was God. He made it very clear that God was higher than him. He was the Son of Man. I am the Son of Man. You are the Son of Man. All are the Son or Daughter of Man. Jesus being the divine is something created by Paul. It should be rejected for it is not true. The divine is within us and without us. It is everywhere, it is everything, but the parts are not the whole. There is one whole. We are the parts. We are the image.

As to the commandments, if you love ALL, you keep the commandments by default.

How do you see God?

With Love,

Your Brother

P.S. Do not worry about disrespecting me my friend. I take nothing offensively. We are just sharing perspectives.
edit on 19-4-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-4-2011 by IAMIAM because: Can't forget the daughters!



posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM
 


You should already know I get head strong! haha. I see G-d traditionally like the earliest Jews did in the past and continue to today. The nature of G-d and character of G-d. Humans just have many various difficult jobs they face since creation. From their faith, taking care of the planet and animals, and so forth. It is difficult. Even with today's age everything seems like crisis. I'm starting to see humans become a super orgasm like ants or bees. Since we all live in a society and have to keep it running. Humans do not always get along or they take to much from the Earth.



posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeraVerto
reply to post by IAMIAM
 


You should already know I get head strong! haha. I see G-d traditionally like the earliest Jews did in the past and continue to today. The nature of G-d and character of G-d. Humans just have many various difficult jobs they face since creation. From their faith, taking care of the planet and animals, and so forth. It is difficult. Even with today's age everything seems like crisis. I'm starting to see humans become a super orgasm like ants or bees. Since we all live in a society and have to keep it running. Humans do not always get along or they take to much from the Earth.


By seeing God the traditional way, does that mean God is Omnipotent, Omnipresent, Omnibenevolent, and Omniscient? That God is the beginning and the end of everything? That God IS Love?

If this is not what you mean, please elaborate on how you see God that I can understand better.

If you think times are tough now, I assure you we are just entering the beginning of our struggles. Have you seen my warning?

Final Warning

Man will either soften their hearts and love one another, or we will bring great destruction on ourselves through our systems of iniquity. It is those systems of iniquity, money, nations, races, social classes, politics, religion that I try to destroy by sharing what I see. When they fall, man will know peace.

But, who will accept my message?

With Love,

Your Brother



posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM
 


Well I supply some links from my studies. Since I do not want to copy and paste from every source.
G-d and us Chabad articles
The nature of G-d in Judaism
Human nature in Judaism
In Jewish belief G-d gave man free will. Even though G-d is like a coach and teacher. Man has to do his part as well. Since there has to be a reason G-d created us to live. G-d wouldn't make mistakes.



posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeraVerto
reply to post by IAMIAM
 


Well I supply some links from my studies. Since I do not want to copy and paste from every source.
G-d and us Chabad articles
The nature of G-d in Judaism
Human nature in Judaism
In Jewish belief G-d gave man free will. Even though G-d is like a coach and teacher. Man has to do his part as well. Since there has to be a reason G-d created us to live. G-d wouldn't make mistakes.


I do not think we are so far apart in our understanding of God as you think my friend.

The reason God created us is to multiply. The more of us, the more of his image that goes out into the universe to behold his creation.

When we stop hurting each other and start loving each other, Oh What a Wonder we will see then!

Look up, we have a HUGE back yard to explore. We are just babies and our journey is just beginning. Watch my friend, for the world is changing quickly and the divine benevolence which created all is about to begin his greatest show yet!

Thank you for sharing your view with me.

With Love,

Your Brother



posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM
 


Yes, I agree. Whatever must come let it come. For G-d will protect us.



posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by FeraVerto
reply to post by Blue_Jay33
 


A serpent or better known as a snake tempted Eve. Satan did tempt Job though. In Judaism we view Angels as perfect beings. In Judaism angels have no free will and can never fall from G-d. Some like Satan have dirty jobs. Satan is a tempter for people to sin. I do not recall the angel who has the job of killing people.
Does Judaism believe in Satan


Interesting, however the Genesis account makes it pretty clear that this was more than just a talking snake.
I mean seriously, the Jewish people aren't stupid, they are pretty smart, and they know snakes don't talk normally.
The other instance where an animal talked was when a donkey was getting beaten and an Angel made the animal talk to it's rider. Same thing really, in both cases the spirit being makes it appear that an animal has intelligence and the ability to talk through a common trick we know as ventriloquism.



posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33
 


Then do you agree that Satan used the snake in some matter with Eve and maybe with Adam?
Like I mention our faiths are like complete opposites of one another. You might also believe in Moses but we see Moses in a entirely different way then Christians do.



posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by FeraVerto
reply to post by Blue_Jay33
 


Then do you agree that Satan used the snake in some matter with Eve and maybe with Adam?
Like I mention our faiths are like complete opposites of one another. You might also believe in Moses but we see Moses in a entirely different way then Christians do.


I believe in the entire old testament, however it is clear we cannot still be under ALL it's rules and laws, otherwise we would be stoning to death unruly teenagers & Adulterers.

Which raises another question, what biblical punishment does a Jew receive if he/she confesses to Adultery ?
edit on 20-4-2011 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33
 


Here are some interesting articles for you to check out.
Tell me if your answer is in there.
Chabad articles



posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by FeraVerto
 


Please read what I,wrote in my profile,You,FeraVerto,asked me ,what i thought about JUDAISM,here is my answers,I,left 2 messages.I,just went to look you up and saw this thread.I,am a believer GOD AND JESUS CHRIST ,as the Messiah.....I,explain some it their on my profile..If want I,can leave more here later.Thanks all.God loves us all.
,oh yea,I,don't judge or try to change anyone's faith or belief,But this is how I,believe. Now,if I,am ask,I,explain.Now,I,tell my belief,and the rest is up to you.If you want to believe like me.I,am for truth and facts.From my studying,over the years,and from my JEWISH friends,This is what I,believe.I,do stand with ISRAEL AND PRAY FOR ISRAEL.I,also believe USA should stand with ISRAEL.All other countries hate us both.We are allies,,through tick and thin.I,am a friend,to all JEWS AND THE WORLD.I,hate war,I,wished we all just got a long.The only time I,see this is when there is a crisis,this is a shame. I,only see peace for the world,Is when God,set plan comes due,to the world.Then all will the truth,and then there will peace.



posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33
 

I,found this.I,think ,they go by a lot of the laws we do,but here is what I found.



new topics

top topics



 
3
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

log in

join