It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The NT and UFOs...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Many believe, and I am one of them, that extraterrestrials have been involved with the human race from the beginning, that they set rules and regulations to follow, which man then added to and took away from (the bible) and that there are many references to all of this in the bible. It is also my opinion that many of those high in the churches are aware of this. Where does the New Testament figure in all of this? Where does Jesus figure in this UFO scenario?

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Some big flaws in the theory though...

1. Why create numerous religions? One would do the job much better....
2. The majority of the world (hold on to your hat) ISN'T CHRISTIAN!!!
3. The absense of any obvious divine intervention in over 2000 years...

Think about it...

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
Where does the New Testament figure in all of this? Where does Jesus figure in this UFO scenario?

I don�t know. You tell us, you are the one who believes it...

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peronemlin

Originally posted by LadyV
Where does the New Testament figure in all of this? Where does Jesus figure in this UFO scenario?

I don�t know. You tell us, you are the one who believes it...

WOW! Meeeeeeeeeeeow or Groooooooowl, depending on your gender
If I knew, I wouldn't be asking now would I? I would others opinions obviously I would suggest that if you don't believe, or you find it upsetting that others do, that you not open these types of threads ...I find your remark above to be snotty and rude.

Gazrok Good point, but you have to remember that it isn't today anything at all as what it was in the beginning. Jesus did not want to form a new religion. Most folks can't even remember the fact that Jesus was Jewish, let alone not a cult leader. Christianity was not founded until after his death, hence the name. All of his teachings and parables and lessons were created to try and get Judaism back to the peaceful laws of god. Unfortunately, most people are still under the impression Jesus actually started Christianity. I think it started as rules to live by......

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
but Gazrok, I think there is divine intervention that takes place every day.

In that, what about the sick people in the world, given up for dead, who get out of thier death beds and walk right out of the hospital completely cured ? Usually after loved ones have been praying non stop for the recovery ?

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I'm guessing LadyV you watched UFO Files on the History channel last night. Haha it was all about how ufo's relate to the bible. It was pretty cool.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Revelation 6:13 talks about the "stars" of heaven falling to the earth. These aren't literal stars this is a reference to an "alien"(fallen angel) invasion. Whether as friend(faked) or foe I don't know. There are other places in the Bible that tell us it has happened and will happen again.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by superslicksh0es
I'm guessing LadyV you watched UFO Files on the History channel last night. Haha it was all about how ufo's relate to the bible. It was pretty cool.

I pretty much watch all the biblical documentaries....I enjoy the study of religion in general. I also watch all the ones on the ancient Egyptians, and buildings too....I have had these interests since I can remember.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Nice moves Spidey

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
Revelation 6:13 talks about the "stars" of heaven falling to the earth. These aren't literal stars this is a reference to an "alien"(fallen angel) invasion. Whether as friend(faked) or foe I don't know. There are other places in the Bible that tell us it has happened and will happen again.

Where in the original Greek or Hebrew does it state these stars falling from Heaven to Earth are aliens? Where is the original indication that these stars were even angels?

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Ok there is truth in it,
what would happend if they never Gived us the rules and never Blowed up sodom and gommorha? The earth would look like hell wouldnt it?

And thats joust two things!

[edit on 28-7-2004 by Cardu]

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinobyte
Where in the original Greek or Hebrew does it state these stars falling from Heaven to Earth are aliens? Where is the original indication that these stars were even angels?

Revelation 12:3-4 talks about a dragon that drew 1/3 of the "stars" of heaven and cast them to the earth. This is in reference to satan and the angels that followed him. The word stars here and in Rev. 6:13 use the same word for stars.

We are also told that angels can be referred to as stars in Job 38:7

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Revelation 12:3-4 talks about a dragon that drew 1/3 of the "stars" of heaven and cast them to the earth. This is in reference to satan and the angels that followed him. The word stars here and in Rev. 6:13 use the same word for stars.

Revelations was written in regards to the time that the writer/s lived in and their desire to see the back of the Roman Empire. Of course they couldn't just come out and write that in plain hebrew, as their own writings could become their executioner. So they wrote in that fairytale gobble-dee-gook style. Practically every generation since have believed them to be a portent of the end times in their own lifetimes....yet here we still are. Remember, Humans wrote the bible....not Gods. Don't fool yourself in thinking they were writing about our times, they had more pressing concerns of their own to worry about.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
To Zero Point
I have to disagree with you as to the time frame for Revelation. I believe it's about the end times.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   

I have to disagree with you as to the time frame for Revelation. I believe it's about the end times.

Fair enough I won't dispute your right to believe in whatever you wanna believe in. It's just that people have thought that ever since the bible came out on the best sellers list. They were especially poohing themselves in 999AD, believing that Revelations pertained to their times. What with the Moonies dire predictions and Heavens Gate and the Millenium bug failing to deliver, the end times infection never took hold with me. Does that mean Christianity is a doomsday cult? I don't mean cult in an offensive manner, just it seems a very passive aggressive religion. One minute it's
all Love and boomshanka, and in the next instant it's the vicar (with his own sinful skeletons in the closet)
threatening hell fire and brimstone.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
but Gazrok, I think there is divine intervention that takes place every day.

In that, what about the sick people in the world, given up for dead, who get out of thier death beds and walk right out of the hospital completely cured ? Usually after loved ones have been praying non stop for the recovery ?

A one in a million miracle happens over 250 times a day in the US alone. Or rather, one in a million events that go against the norm.. Add to that the number of people in the states who are religious, and you have a high chance most of those 250 had people praying for them.

You assume thats divine..what about the ones who didn't have anyone praying for them. God takes a lot of credit for pure chance. When your body miraculaously heals itself, thats god, what about the hundreds of thousand who have prayers and still suffer or die?

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Zero Point you reference a little that i take as something about the catholic church. If not sorry, but I don't agree with some of their doctrines so I'm not catholic. I know alot of people have set dates. We need to be aware of what's going on around, while God sets the dates. Then we learn patience. That's why prophecy is really interesting but it's very consuming, so it can't be the main focus of a christians life.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The pope has a letter that was brought to him buy a girl who had a vision of the holy mary who said that this letter shall not be open until the day of judgement. Most likely it is a invasion date or some thing. Or maybe it was a coupon to Mc Donalds

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Zero Point you reference a little that i take as something about the catholic church. If not sorry, but I don't agree with some of their doctrines so I'm not catholic. I know alot of people have set dates. We need to be aware of what's going on around, while God sets the dates. Then we learn patience. That's why prophecy is really interesting but it's very consuming, so it can't be the main focus of a christians life.

Nah I'm not refering to any religion in particular, perhaps my reference is just due to the culture and enviroment that I come from. As you may of noticed, religion is not something I take seriously....but for some odd reason I seem to know quite a bit about the history of quite a few of them. I'm also not all that interested in getting into a d-b8 about it either as it can be one of those exercises in futility that ultimitly ends in a drawn match. Suffice to say that I've never done anyting horrendous to feel guilty about, so I have no need for an imaginary friends forgiveness. About the only branch of the tree that I do have some sought of respect for are the buddhists, as they seem to walk the consistent walk of "being excellent to one another", even tho I know that their origins stem from the shock and horror and guilt of the warriors they once were b4 they rennounced war for peace. But that was so long ago, it would be rude to hold it against them
Plus they don't come all the way from Utah to knock on my door spinning a load of BS about how the World was created in 4004BC, and that Jehovah placed the fossils in the ground to fool us

[edit on 30-7-2004 by Zero Point]

[edit on 30-7-2004 by Zero Point]

top topics

join