It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of the most important survival tactics, IMO.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

How do you start a fire with a batery and steel wool? This sounds like a really good tip. Thanks for the thread star and flag. I love ATS survival forum and is the reson I signed up in the first place.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dntwastetime

You need one of those rectangular batteries (nine volt i think) and if you rub the battery against the steel wool it ignites and can start the tinder burning.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Thanks for this great tip.

I am going out to a buddy's ranch this weekend and we'll be trying out some survival techniques. We could try this if it gets too cold.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dntwastetime
reply to post by HomerinNC

How do you start a fire with a batery and steel wool? This sounds like a really good tip. Thanks for the thread star and flag. I love ATS survival forum and is the reson I signed up in the first place.

Watch this video

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

that was in a movie i watched a long time ago or tv....might have been grizzly adams or some movie with robert redford

does work

throw a emergency space blanket in the trunk and that will save you some time digging.

another thing out there is covering oneself with the space blanket enclosing yourself with a candle buring at the bottom.

theres a youtube video of that i believe somewhere.

edit on 16-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join