It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 5 Stages of Grief: Coping with the death of America

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Great post!

Personally I think I'm still in the anger phase, maybe a little barganing... Hoping Ron Paul will run for pres...

As for above poster, I think we need all the help we can get from the older generations, aren't you worried about your future unborn family members, and want them all to have a chance at living in a free society?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Much like the Phoenix.....America will rise from the ashes. Down but never out.

Line 2

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
You know there was a time when I engaged in this type of gloom and doom thinking too, when I first started reading all of these theories. Then it occurred to me I was wasting my precious time and buying into a clandestine market aimed at gullible people like me. I also realized I had a choice, I could continue to buy into it or I could actually get up off the couch and off of the computer and actually start living my life and CHOOSE to enjoy it. What's your choice?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
Were we ever great?

our history is full of slavery, fascism, non equality, greed and corruption, McCarthyism, cronyism, concentration camps, wars of aggression and expansionism, imperialism, and genocide.

people always refer to our society becoming Orwellian, but maybe it always has been.

Were we ever Great or did we just have a good pr campaign?

You were allways better than other comparable nations - but your enemies were relentless master strategists who planned generations in advance, experts at cultural subversion and propaganda - being a free and open society, the US was easy prey for them, congrangulations you sound like a prime example of their success!
edit on 15-4-2011 by JohhnyBGood because: correction

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by artfuldissent
I also realized I had a choice, I could continue to buy into it or I could actually get up off the couch and off of the computer and actually start living my life and CHOOSE to enjoy it. What's your choice?

I think the marketing is set up to play the people like a game of tennis, back and forth, but only two sides. If anything, the fact that they aren't selling the issues as a complete loss of the nation, means it most likely is.

Accepting this reality doesn't keep me at my computer. I choose to accept reality. The only real difference between now and before is, when I was out and saw the signs of this terminal condition, I would either fill with rage or sadness, now who cares? I work, I shop, I eat, I sleep. I do enjoy the sky and nature more.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Being a R.A.W., fan, I'd like to know what you think of his ideas on the 5 stages of society.

miriadic.wikia.com...

Seems to me, we're in the final stages of "Bureaucracy".

Just opened this thread, and will read the references, but thought I'd throw that out there.

PS. New here, still don't know how to embed a link, but i hope this works.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Of course man - & Govt. - will always be flawed.
But can you give me an example of a better system of government other than that proposed in our constitution?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ISeeTheFnords

I had not heard of this specifically, but of something like it. I think it may be cyclical generally speaking, that from chaos eventually arrives a sort of perfect order, but it degrades back into chaos. I think politically speaking it matches with the quote:

Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage.

I think in that line of thinking, we are somewhere between complacency and dependency.

Unlike the authors of these two lines of thought, I don't know if we will have the opportunity to let the cycle repeat. Even if it does, it means that or us, we will only get less and less free. Such cycles take ages.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

I guess I am not alone. Don't most of us sound like a bunch of whiney babies . We were going to change the world. The hippies and the flower children. Free love and peace. We had our protests and our sit ins. We grew up with the threat of nuclear war diving under our desks at school for drills. Bomb shelters everywhere emergency tests on our tvs. We watched murders and endured the grief of our fallen leaders. As we grew older we worked inside the system rather than outside of it thinking and believing that was the right way to fix what was broken. Then there was vote scam we knew our elections really weren't elections. As years went by many of us believed that we had accomplished much and the world had improved. We turned to jobs and familys thinking now we could take a well earned rest. Although we slept but for a little while society and our kids didn't know or care about the vision. We are old and tired and encompassed with the feeling of despair, We wonder why do we have to be the ones to carry the torch and fight the battle, Like you I am battle scarred and weary. But it is time to put on our old rusty battle body armor. You see it really is our war and its up to us to finish it.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

Guess what guys the despondency and depression does go away. Have a good nights sleep. Wake up to a nice sunny day. Realize everything happens for a reason. Today is the First Day of the rest of your life. Know that the Reason is close to showing itself.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
This is really brilliant. I think you're right about everything. I think popular culture and the mindless preoccupation with social media and other forms of escape is keeping most young people in denial, although they can't really know what we're losing because they have nothing to compare this to.

It's like the frog in the pot. Little by little it's gotten to the point where nothing is shocking anymore and no instance of the eroding of civilization will raise an eyebrow. People are desensitized and seem more and more to me like sheep. I don't know if there is any going back. You're probably right. They're probably isn't. I kind of hope the Christians are right and the whole thing ends soon because if it keeps going on the way it is, I don't want to live in the kind of world that will result as the natural progression of things as they are.

edit on 18-6-2011 by Hillarie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I might agree with you about the destruction of gender roles, if I thought that said gender roles were necessarily a positive thing to begin with. The old definition of "normal," wasn't perfect, either; but the main difference was that said imperfections tended to get swept under the carpet and covered up. People conveniently forget that.

Not everything about the conventional male stereotype necessarily reflects how I want to be myself, so from that perspective, I can empathise with women who want to be able to do more than what tradition allows them.

As for homosexuality; well, sorry to have to tell you this, but gays are people too, and as such, have the right to exist, whether the rest of us are entirely happy about it or not. As an inactive heterosexual, I'm not necessarily homosexuality's biggest fan myself; but I *do* believe that anyone who is unfortunate enough to discover that they are gay, should be able to make whatever positive kind of life for themselves that they can.

I support gay marriage on that basis. A homosexual person who is able to have a stable, monogamous relationship, is a homosexual person who is probably going to be happier and better adjusted psychologically, and is therefore less likely to turn to drugs, and/or become promiscuous and contract/spread disease.

I also truthfully admire people who are willing to come out, not only in terms of what other people think, but also to face their *own* possible condemnation of themselves, as well. It couldn't be an easy thing to do.
edit on 25-8-2011 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-8-2011 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by marg6043

Today's America is an America that isn't clouded by rose-colored glasses.

That is why so many people cannot accept this fate of ours and react in a way that only digs us deeper into a hole (witness the TeaTards in the House as an example).

"Teatards" is such an appropriate name for them...

If the majority of rule consisted of the "TeaTards", America would go from non-rose-colored glasses to being socked in the face by a huge fist breaking the non-rose-colored glasses, leaving black and blue bruises on the eyes, and ending with blindness.

Thats how much WORST our situation would get with the TeaTard brigade in majority...

Makes me SHUDDER thinking of a "TeaTard" majority in office...
edit on 26-2-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join