It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update on Ground Zero Mosque

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Mosque foe declares Park51 dead

One of the most vocal opponents the planned Islamic community center in lower Manhattan believes the project has suffered fatal public-relations damage and will never be built.
"It is dead," said Andy Sullivan, a New York construction worker who has spent much of the last year organizing against the project, which is known as the "ground zero mosque" or Park51. "They didn't count on the public taking such a hard line against it."
A spokesman for the real estate developer Sharif El-Gamal, who owns the property at 45-51 Park Place, insisted that the project is on track and that "nothing has changed."

It’s opponents are declaring the mosque dead while the owners of the project claim it is still moving forward even after the major PR blow last September when this subject was plastered all over the news for over a month.

Defiant in the face of serious objections they insist on moving forward with the controversial proposal where they will be constructing a Muslim community center near the location of the former Twin Towers which were attacked by radical Muslims on September 11th (according to the government story).

So is this project dead or is it still moving forward? I guess that answer depends on who you ask.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

speaking as one who would have like it see it built elsewhere i never thought for one minute it wouldnt be built there

but you are correct sir it all depends on who you ask.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
i hope they build it for the sake of another mosque people can go to ...however if they build that then i am almost certain somthing will happen , some angry pro war anti Muslim will do somthing i am sure , i hope not but it just seem like an accdent waiting to happen ....

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
It is nice to get both sides of the argument in the first two posts of the thread. Personally I do not feel like stating whether I am in favor of its construction or not because this thread isn’t about me it is about the topic at hand.

So please continue to give your opinions and let them be heard but please remember to be civil.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
When will people learn that muslims control territory from the inside out. Here in North Texas its hard to find a gas
station that doesn't have an iranian or saudi arabian or heeboojab muslim owner. They own oil in the middle east, they sell it to America, Jab buys it cheap for being a "political refugee" and sells it based on a board of a*holes rates. Ha Ha its funny to see people believing in a false god but yet its ok to kill in his name. Honestly, name two countries in the world that kills in the name of God? I'll give you a hint!
America
Israel

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Why do people refer to it as 'the ground zero mosque' when it is blocks away from ground zero?

edit on 14-4-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
There is no GROUND ZERO MOSQUE AND IT WILL NOT BE BUILT AT THE WTC BUT BE BUILT ABOUT 3 BLOCKS UPTOWN AND LIKE 1 OR 2 TOWARDS THE EAST RIVER.

Construction for it is still going on and will be completed before the close of the year.

edit on 15-4-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I have no problem with them building a mosque.

I DO have a problem with them building it where islamic terrorists destroyed the WTC.
(apologies to the 9/11 folks but I'm trying to keep in theme)

It is an insult to every man and woman who died that day.
Just my humble opinion.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

I DO have a problem with them building it where islamic terrorists destroyed the WTC.

Just my humble opinion.

Let's make one thing crystal clear right here right now and that is 19 Arab's may've been the attack squadron but that is the extent of Arab involvement as those who really attacked us are TPTB.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. But that may also be subject matter for another thread.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. But that may also be subject matter for another thread.

This is not my opinon but fact partner, TPTB pulled off 9/11 because ain't no one could've pulled that off without some help from those who have enough clout and pull to order The FBI and CIA to backdown. Who ordered NORAD to stand down? Arabs? Are you kidding me?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I've only said this once before, perhaps you missed it, but I am currently employed by said government. I have avoided the 9/11 threads because I could not, in good conscious, work for a government that would do something like that. Call it denial, call it whatever you want. I'm being as frank and as honest as I can, in relation to the whole 9/11 issue.
Hell, I was out for three whole weeks when the towers fell. And I got a call and went right back in. So call me names, paint me a color denial. But that is an issue I will only tackle sometime in 2013.
Regards my honored foe,
Beezzer

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I've only said this once before, perhaps you missed it, but I am currently employed by said government. I have avoided the 9/11 threads because I could not, in good conscious, work for a government that would do something like that. Call it denial, call it whatever you want. I'm being as frank and as honest as I can, in relation to the whole 9/11 issue.
Hell, I was out for three whole weeks when the towers fell. And I got a call and went right back in. So call me names, paint me a color denial. But that is an issue I will only tackle sometime in 2013.
Regards my honored foe,
Beezzer

Our Govt and Arabs did not attack us is the point I am making. I understand your current employment status forbids you from discussing matters like this and will respect this stance. Just know TPTB did attack us on 9/11. We owe it to those 3,122 people who were killed to make sure that those who did commit this atrocious act be brought to justice so that another nation does not have to endure what we had to deal with.
edit on 15-4-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Just my humble opinion.

Oh please .. enough of your crying already ..

If you understood and researched who did 911 .. you'd shoot yourself where you stand for being so misinformed and ignorant ...

Nobody needs others to cry so loud about what happens at ground zero and for the 'victims' ... even the victims' families themselves are not making as big a rakus as other by standers .. typical 'stone throwers' mentality ..

Everyone is trying to make a buck off the so called 'victims' ... muslims had NOTHING to do with 911 .. stop your hatred .. this business of crying louder than the owners of the corpse at a funeral .. has got to stop ...

We can go to another country .. kill thousands of innocent men, women and children .. take over their resources and country .. destabilize them for decades ... and you are talking about this being insulting to the victims..? please ... grow up ..

edit on 15-4-2011 by legalizeit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by legalizeit

*wow*
Captain Bitter? Can I get you another cup of Angry? It is your vile obnoxious opinion, and when you finally graduate high school, you might see things differently.

But in the mean time, please continue being vile and foolish.

It's fun to watch.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

*wow*
Captain Bitter? Can I get you another cup of Angry? It is your vile obnoxious opinion, and when you finally graduate high school, you might see things differently.

It's fun to watch.

As a Governmental employee you are prohibited from posting on sites like this and how are you doing so?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

*wow*

It's fun to watch.

Ya ignorant people like you are usually living a 'fun' careless life .. courtesy of your stupidity ...
speaking of education .. I doubt you're educated at all .. just another dumb troll ...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I'm allowed to have an opinion. I just can't use my official e-mail, name, rank to promote or opine on political issues or candidates.
As for being on a conspiracy site?

Pssst, little secret, how do you think I found out about this site?

I'm sure there are many folks that are/were military on here.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I'm allowed to have an opinion. I just can't use my official e-mail, name, rank to promote or opine on political issues or candidates.
As for being on a conspiracy site?

Pssst, little secret, how do you think I found out about this site?

I'm sure there are many folks that are/were military on here.

Regardless if you are current or former employee means that your ip address is being traced.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join