It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions for fans of hot sauce

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Let me preface my questions with the following:

Later this year I will be launching a somewhat unique brand of hot sauce in a variety of flavors (5 as of this moment)

I'm asking this question on 2 different forums to get a general consensus.

First, what do you look for in a hot sauce? Heat? Flavor? How hot is too hot?

Any funky flavors you would like to see but haven't seen produced anywhere?

How often do you buy hot sauce?

Thanks in advance for your input

edit on 14-4-2011 by ViperChili because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
There is no such thing as 'Too Hot' - bring it on

Oh and I buy it every week. Taco sauce, Chilli Sauce - You name it - if it's spicy I buy it.

Oz

edit on 14-4-2011 by Ozscot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Ozscot

yea?

1.4 million SHU's wouldn't do you in?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Heat is always important to me when it comes to hot sauce. As for flavor, it depends on what dish I am adding the hot sauce to. Some dishes I prefer just the heat to hot sauce and others I like the flavor that some hot sauces bring.
edit on 14-4-2011 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Just don't use this stuff.

ATS Link

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum
Just don't use this stuff.

ATS Link

Look at my name, I'm growing vipers as we speak specifically for this purpose.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
Heat is always important to me when it comes to hot sauce. As for flavor, it depends on what dish I am adding the hot sauce to.

Large amounts of heat, or just a small amount for a little kick?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ViperChili

If there's one thing this world needs more of, it's hot sauce!

I think what most people look for is a good balance between great flavor and how much it makes you sweat. DL Jardine's Texas Champagne has been my favorite lately and I still love the old standbys like Frank's and Tabasco.

What's this stuff going to be called and where will it be available? I'd love to get my hands on some

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Heat is good but balance with flavor. Gotta have flavor as you can't taste heat.

The best sauces out are fruit based IMO. Lots of flavor to draw from with the sugar and uniqueness of the fruits.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
reply to post by ViperChili

If there's one thing this world needs more of, it's hot sauce!

I think what most people look for is a good balance between great flavor and how much it makes you sweat. DL Jardine's Texas Champagne has been my favorite lately and I still love the old standbys like Frank's and Tabasco.

What's this stuff going to be called and where will it be available? I'd love to get my hands on some

The name is going to be Mess You Up Hot Sauce. The first 2 flavors to be launched will be Viper Fang and HabaMangoNero. It is 100% organic (uncertified though since the USDA is a pain to deal with right now) and I am anticipating a launch around October.

It will be available online at first, although I have a tentative agreement with 1 local store in a big tourist town in my area (southern Wisconsin)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViperChili

Originally posted by kimish
Heat is always important to me when it comes to hot sauce. As for flavor, it depends on what dish I am adding the hot sauce to.

Large amounts of heat, or just a small amount for a little kick?

I usually keep two or 3 types of sauce around. I like a small amount for a little kick most of the time. Other times I like to burn the hell out of my mouth but boy do I pay for it the next day.

edit on 14-4-2011 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Mango is a natural choice with the way it tempers the heat. Any odd fruits you would like to see paired with a little heat?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Ah yea, the dreaded Ring of Fire

3 of my flavors will guarantee a ring of fire like never before

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I don't like to much added flavor to the sauce - I want the heat from the sauce to bring out the flavors of the food im putting it on.
Too much flavor in the sauce itself is just making it disrupt the taste of the food it's on.

My ideal sauce would only have tomato (tomato flavor goes with almost anything) and a bit of smoke (like hickory) to it.
And yeah - it shall be strong. I mean really strong.
I rather just put a few drops of it on the food to get the perfect heat, then half a bottle.

I don't know if there is a way to achieve that "lingering" heat sensation?
The best sauces don't have that direct heat sensation to them, it's more like the heat kicks in after a few seconds and then lingers on, if you know what I mean...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Hot sauce...depends for what. We stay stocked with Chalula for Mexican, Siracha for chili, and Tabasco for whatever. Brand the sauce for a specific type of food. That's my thought.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Tollon

The real hot peppers tend to linger in the back of your throat, and depending on the person, durations can last for quite a while after eating it.

That kind of similar to what you prefer?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I want some kick yo ass HOT!

edit on 14-4-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I like a little bit of a kick... something that burns for a few seconds then dies out. I always have "hot" sauce, but non of it is actually hot. I cant really stand hot hot sauce, so for me the flavor is more important. Something that adds to the flavor of the food but does not hide the taste of it, or overwhelm. BTW I am interested in trying out your sauce once you launch.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
By the way - you probably should check if you are able to use the names that you suggested on your sauces.
The makers of Vicious Viper Hot Sauce might not be too happy about another Viper Hot Sauce.

www.extremefood.se...

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Tollon

No worries. My hot sauce will be named Mess You Up. Viper Fang is just a flavor

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join