It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jamarcus Russell biggest bust ever.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Alright sports stories might not be the most important thing right now. But the NFL as a pretty big following here in America. Even with the lockout there are alot of people that still follow it. (maybe)

But I just saw this story of Jamarcus Russell who if there are any football fans out there like me no that he was a big prospect and expected to do well in the NFL when he was drafted.

Nearly four years after JaMarcus Russell(notes) became the No. 1 overall pick in the NFL draft, his playing career may have completely bottomed out after “life coach” John Lucas asked Russell to leave Houston recently, two sources close to the quarterback told Yahoo! Sports.

But what maybe makes matters worse is that he is onl;y 25 which I didn't know. When people are saying your done at 25?!

Russell, 25, and Lucas had been working together since September in hopes of getting Russell into shape for a return to the NFL. The aforementioned sources say Russell, released by the Oakland Raiders last May, initially worked hard, but quickly lost motivation. Recently Lucas tired of trying to get Russell, the top pick in 2007, to respond to instruction and assistance

I mean I guess it is the case of a person who is maybe not meant to play football??? Even though I am sure he was brought up playing football.

And then to top it off In 2007 Jamarcus was the number 1 pick in the NFL Draft and he held out that year thinking he was worth alot. hahah. Do any football fans find this funny. Remember this man heldout in traning camp.

HE has got to be the biggest bust ever in sports. There I said it,. I can;t think of anybody else. He beats Ryan Leaf.

sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-cole_jamarcus_russe ll_wastes_another_chance_041411

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Definitely...I remember watching ESPN and seeing how he could throw the ball 60yds kneeling and how strong his arm was and blah blah blah..He was worse than terrible in Oakland. Biggest Bust ever.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by American-philosopher

If he beats Ryan Leaf its not by much. 1a and 1b. I think the thing that might make Ryan Leaf a bigger bust was the fact he was taken prior to Peyton Manning lol
Being a Donkey fan, I loved the fact the Chargers blew their number One on Leaf.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
If it weren't for the "Purple drank" and the doughnuts he would've been an ok QB.

...Still think giving all that sign-on bonus money in rookie year creates a larger percentage of busts.

Josh Freeman and The dirty Sanchez are the only QB's worthy of even talk in the last few years.

.....Now, if there were a guy in American football worthy of ATS banter, it would be former Buccaneers OT Arron Sears. What the hell happened to him?
edit on 14-4-2011 by Amperage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Authenticated

I remember seeing that. Great physical talent. His problem was from the neck up, just like leaf. Major Psychological issues
edit on 14-4-2011 by UnknownPhilosopher because: spelling correction

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
so why did you bring this to a conspiracy forum? I am a football fan too, but this is not something for this website. try ESPN or something more relevant. Unless he has been taken over by a alien entity or HAARP misdirected all of his passes, this is the wrong place.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by eugenius

Just a break from all the seriousness.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by UnknownPhilosopher

cool, we all need it. sorry if i seemed harsh. this site could use a little levity sometimes, this is just not usually where i find it. By the way, Go Cowboys!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by eugenius

No you are fine. You didn't come off as being harsh. I was a little suprised to see it too but I figured what the hay.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I think the thing that might make Ryan Leaf a bigger bust was the fact he was taken prior to Peyton Manning lol

But Jamarcu held out and when you hold out your at least suppposed to be able to produce right? I meanman thought the maount of cash oakland shelled out. I thought oakland was not gonna pay him if i remember right with the run up to training camp. But everybodyw as talking about how big his arm was he could throw the ball from here to here.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

If it weren't for the "Purple drank" and the doughnuts he would've been an ok QB
reply to post by Amperage

No absolutely not he had focus issues. I watch that guy for like 2 seasons throw the ball directly to the other team. He probably would have had an worse interception ratio then bret farve.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by eugenius
so why did you bring this to a conspiracy forum? I am a football fan too, but this is not something for this website. try ESPN or something more relevant. Unless he has been taken over by a alien entity or HAARP misdirected all of his passes, this is the wrong place.

Now hold on there! You don't think we HAARPsters are going to let that comment go, do you? Prove that it wasn't HAARP--I dare you! Oh, you CAN'T?

See, since you can't show otherwise, my point is proven. And don't get me started on chemtrails....

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Oakland fan here.

I read a great article about a year ago, comparing Russel's numbers directly to Ryan Leaf.

On many levels Ryan Leaf had better numbers!
Leaf is still considered the biggest bust by many though.

I found it!

sports.yahoo.com...
edit on 15-4-2011 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

hahaha
Alright I'll give it to you guys. Russell sucks more than Leaf!!!
edit on 15-4-2011 by UnknownPhilosopher because: Addition

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

It's debatable.

While Russel threw more TDs and completions per year, Leaf was just a jerk and his own teammates disliked him.
I watched Raider receivers blatantly give up on plays when Jamarcus was behind center. Oakland starting to win a game here and there with Gradkowski, had less to do with Bruce as a QB and much more to do with the fact that the O line and WR would run through a brick wall for him. For clear reasons, the QB being a liked member of the team really means an awful lot. A jerkoff of a guy is not going to get the best out of his mates. Both Leaf and Russel are at fault there.

Russel will never start another NFL game again. If he does.......................we can laugh.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

But when you have a life coach give up on you, and your only 25! I mean this means he has no desire and will and in the NFL you cannot play without those two things no matter how much skill you have.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by American-philosopher

Absolutely agreed.

I knew this of course the first time I read a report about him sleeping during team meetings.
Even the best, most athletic guys have to have heart and a will to win and work when it comes to playing and winning at the NFL level. It's the elite at that level. A guy having a cannon for an arm is simply not enough to get the job done.

Purple drank? Really?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I'd have to go with Russell he's just a lazy ____________ who is semi crazy. Leaf on the other hand was just batshi^e crazy and couldn't handle anything, he tried to straighten up too but by then his wrist was just shot. russell will

Trowa

top topics

join