It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If political trolling and partisan debate are not proper for "Political Madness", why does it flou

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
If political trolling and partisan debate are not proper for "Political Madness", why does it flourish so? Really, I don't understand why all this nonsense continues if SkepticOverlord has laid out such clearly defined rules.
Sorry if this is the wrong section for this sort of inquiry (perhaps I should include a link to a blog claiming the POTUS is really a transvestite?)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I've wondered the same thing since coming to ATS...I feel like in many threads we all still get caught up in a lot of endless, mindless left vs. right debate. Some of us are more progressive and some more conservative (fiscally, morally, etc.), but no one leaves those discussions thinking any differently.

And to be clear I'm not saying this is either "side's" fault; and I'm very guilty as well. We all get caught up in heated discussions, and I'd rather talk to you guys about news, aliens, natural phenomena, the guy who got super glued to a Wal-Mart toilet seat, etc. and avoid religion and politics altogether

edit on 14-4-2011 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

i needed a hobby and i don't believe in little green men and reptilians.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

i needed a hobby and i don't believe in little green men and reptilians.

So you consider you unabashed political trolling as a good 'hobby' for yourself? And productive for useful political debate concerning the various mechanisms those 'ptb' use to divide and conquer?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

where did i say it was good? nowhere

fyi labeling people a troll is the same tactic used by the powers that be to divide and conquer.

anytime one elevates himself over someone else no matter their viewpoints is again the same thing

to put it bluntly when you think your better than someone else or their views you are no better than the people who you decry.
edit on 14-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I didn't call you a troll. I merely quoted a post from yourself where you essentially implied you are a troll. And since I know you've read these: www.abovetopsecret.com... www.abovetopsecret.com... thread, I'm confused by your general demeanor,

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Define Troll? What's a troll to you, isn't a troll to me. Since there isn't a hard definition, someone can be called a troll for disagreeing with someone else. Happens all the time. Just get used to it, it's not going away.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by fireandice

Hmmmm...perhaps i should have included this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Political Madness Forum Is Not For Partisan Debate!

and this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm pissed!! (political trolls and hacks)

in the OP so that people can see the specific issues I am referring to, and where my confusing stems from.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Whatever bro. Rant away. Use the alert button, next time.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by fireandice

Thank you for such a reasoned, topical, informed contribution to the discussion. It is quite evident that you have reviewed the threads authored by the site admin which I am referring to that address this specific issue, as your opinion is clearly informed and relevant. stars for you!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Still waiting for you to define troll. You say it flourishes so. By the way, why aren't you using the alert button when you see it, then? I'm on topic, you're ranting. Who's in the wrong forum?
edit on 14-4-2011 by fireandice because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

never thought you did but have many been called many names on here.

considering i spend the majority of my time on politics forums it goes with the territory moderators can't be every where all the time so it happens and they are penalized.

the only real way to avoid the trolls and hacks is to completely stay out of the forum tho.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

the only real way to avoid the trolls and hacks is to completely stay out of the forum tho.

agreed. Which is why I am asking why it is allowed to continue, since it seems to directly contradict the stated goals of the forum, and clearly keeps many people from contributing in the first place.

I mean, like 80% of the threads and posts in this forum appear to be 'political trolling', as defined by site admin.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by fireandice
Still waiting for you to define troll. You say it flourishes so. By the way, why aren't you using the alert button when you see it, then? I'm on topic, you're ranting. Who's in the wrong forum?
edit on 14-4-2011 by fireandice because: (no reason given)

I provided you two links to two threads which clearly outline exactly what I am referring to. Feel free to review them so as to have a more informed contribution to the thread.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Since most human beings are stupid dullards, it makes sense that there would be more than a few here, too, who delight in the infantile punch-and-judy partisan politics. Blue bashes red with stick, red hits blue with club, baby laugh goo-goo ga-ga.

Still, all things told, for a free board open to anyone, ATS does a remarkable job minimizing the political idiocy that defines so many other message boards.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

I can't say I see a lot of trolling on ATS now-days.
I see a lot of stubborn, one sided, biased people posting their ideological viewpoint, but not much trolling.
There is a difference between the two, you know.

Got a few examples of what you consider trolling?

top topics

join