It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your political ideology?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Alright, if you could alter your country for the better or for the worse what would your initial plan be for this and why? Also in your opinion what do you think some positives and negatives are that your country currently has?

You don't have to give a long description on your beliefs for your country if you don't feel like it but I'm sure it would be much more interesting.

For example:

If I could change my country I would end the federal reserve or bring back the gold standard because paper as a currency is worthless to me.

A positive about my country is that it has a constitution.

A negative about my country is that it's cutting the education budget.

So I'm quite interested about what your opinions are and if possible, please no arguements.

edit on 14-4-2011 by PreownedMind because: Correction.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by PreownedMind

if i could improve canada the first thing i would do is nationalize the oil feilds tell the companies to get lost, tell wall street to get lost and then people could get way cheaper oil and foood and improve the living

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by connorromanow

Good ideas, keep em' coming people.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Keep government small, tax only what is needed and if it's not hurting anyone else, legalize it.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by connorromanow

if i could improve canada the first thing i would do is nationalize the oil feilds tell the companies to get lost, tell wall street to get lost and then people could get way cheaper oil and foood and improve the living

Star for you friend. I''m close to the oil-sands and I would love to see this happen!

Privatization has screwed us over .... Plus when it comes to nationalization we should not have to buy back what is already ours even if the infrastructure was built by a billion dollar corporation/industry.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of a multi-billion dollar corporation.

But hey... that's just my opinion!

SnF

AS
edit on 14-4-2011 by AeonStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
My political ideology is simple, it is Paleoconservatism.

What I would like to see changed about my country is the abolition of the Federal Reserve, Welfare State, half of the executive departments, and ending politically correct.

Some initiatives I would like to see pursued would be; Strong import tariffs, States' rights stronger than federal authority, Isolationist foreign policy (Go to war only if a nation is directly threatening our sovereignty and also leave all supranational organizations), Government acknowledging that Judeo-Christianity played a vital role in create a civil society in our country, Return to 'Greenbacks' where the Congress through the Treasury controls the currency and back it by a fixed rate of gold, Add a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution, Erect an immigration moratorium so we can assimilate all current immigrants into our 'melting pot' society, Place our military on the Mexican border along with an electric fence (allow shoot-to-kill), End affirmative action, and End all foreign aid (even to Israel).

What I like about my country is that we have a Constitutional Republic which originally had strong states' rights.

What I dislike about my country is that we are turning away from community values and self-reliance to the nanny state.
edit on 4/14/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Social utopia.
Create the technology needed to make money worthless, let people work for the benefit of the global village, not how much money they can make.
and yes you can thank star trek in my youth for this ideology

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Interesting you brought up the Constitution and the education budget.

Mind if I ask where in the Constitution federal involvement and funding of education is authorized?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
What I would like to see from my country (Canada):

• The best grade of food.

• Nationalization without buy-back (see my post above).

• The return of ingenuity and advancements in technology that was seen in the company Avro Canada.

• To go to war only when there is a direct threat to my country.

• Make immigration more difficult so less are willing to take advantage of our hospitality.

• A free and open society of knowledge to advance knowledge. No more secrets (business or otherwise).

• Be a leader of a better tomorrow by example (following above would be a start)

Respect,

AS
    edit on 14-4-2011 by AeonStorm because: bbcode + added

• posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:14 PM
    link   

So I'm quite interested about what your opinions are and if possible, please no arguements

Damn I like to argue though.

Well like you the biggest thing I would like to have happen ina change environment is dismantle the federal reserve.

And the biggest negative is that in America we can;t come together an just be Americans we have to be either democrat or republican.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:19 PM
    link   
    reply to post by ViperChili

I don't don't mind if you ask at all, the closest thing I can think of is Balanced Budget Amendment.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:21 PM
    link   
    My Political ideology is a simple one.

No Government meddling in the affairs of the people.
    All the Government should be there for is the handling of diplomatic affairs with other nations and ensure country is protected.
    Only one Tax to be instigated and that Tax would be for the Defense Force.
    There should be no other required incentive for protecting ones country than just that.
    Bring anything else into the equation, then you have motives and agendas.

Said Country will produce everything they need within the scope of the materials they have access to.
    Any other materials are traded via the Diplomatic Arm of the Government where an equal trade with another country is established.

Basically... The Government do what they need to do to protect the population defensively.
    And let the people do what they want in their day to day lives without hindrance.
    edit on 14/4/2011 by Sovaka because: Incorrect Reply-To specified

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:24 PM
    link   

Absolutely nothing in the U.S. Constitution gives Congress the power to spend a single cent of taxpayer money on education, nor does it delegate any powers to the feds to dictate how education must take place.

That is indicative of the problems we face. The USG has usurped their Constitutionally limited duties and now manage to reach into every facet of our lives.

By whatever means necessary, the USG must be put back in its place.

That is the one thing I would change.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:31 PM
    link   

Right on. In my opinion I would rather see a higher education budget and possibly a lower defence budget when it can be done.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:36 PM
    link   

Originally posted by PreownedMind

Right on. In my opinion I would rather see a higher education budget and possibly a lower defence budget when it can be done.

Even if there is no Constitutional authorization for any form of federal budget for education?

What happened to liking the Constitution?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:19 PM
    link   
    -I would like to see all military bases in other countries closed down and all the troops brought back stateside.

-I would like to see a repeal of the National Firearms Act of 1934. I would like for new fully automatic weapons to be allowed to enter the market to no longer make it only a rich persons hobby. Self defense should not be determined by how much money you have.

-I would like to see the time frame for concealed carry pistol permit reduced from 8 months to 7 days or less.

-I would like to see a solution to the illegal immigration problem from the Mexico border dealt with in a way that does not involve a complete militarization of the border. I think we could solve it by HEAVILY fining any company who gives a job to someone who enters the country illegally.

-I would like to see the Patriot Act thrown into the garbage where it belongs. As it sits now the Patriot act takes away every right that you ever thought that you were entitled to. Scrap that horrid idea NOW.

-I would like to see ALL foreign aid canceled until we can become completely debt free as a nation.

-I would like to see tariff's that match the difference between minimum wage. If one country pays their employees in cents and we pay our employees in dollars for the same product then there should be a tariff high enough to even the market.

Just a couple off the top of my head to start off with.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:36 AM
    link   

I enjoy freedom of speech, the right to bear arms, and protection against unwarranted searches.
    edit on 15-4-2011 by PreownedMind because: Correction.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:01 AM
    link   
    I would create a national competition (with massive reward) to present and then place in public domain
    a solution for poor gas mileage, gasoline and vehicles.

I would nationalize gas, cap the prices and place those proceeds towards and opt in national health insurance
    program.

I would try eliminating income taxes

I would eliminate many forms of licensing

I would figure out a way to fund higher education, expand and include new forms of education and styles of learning.

I would eliminate private lobbying and make it illegal to petition a representative that does not represent your locale.

I would raise tariffs

I would make all government contracts open air bind contracts

Legalize Marijuana

De-charter Monsanto

Ban artificial sweeteners from the American market place

Fund and maintain a website that details the daily activities and votes of EVER elected official

Go after the FEDERAL RESERVE, investigate them, arrest many people

Retroactively strip the wealth from and imprison all the players in the engineered attack on Americas economy

edit on 15-4-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:12 AM
    link   

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:43 AM
    link   
    We'll a few people shared similar views, I lean towards decentralizing and downsizing the Federal Government.
    I would dissolve the Federal Reserve
    Decrease the size of the Federal Government
    *Reducing the defense budget
    - Draw down the number of military personnel
    - Curb number of navy warships operating
    - Close down and dismantle all US Military bases outside of US Territory

* Reduce the salary of of Congressional, Judicial and Executive members
    Repeal the corporate

Change to a bio-regional form of Nation
    *Starting from the ground up, rearrange or dissolve current county and state entities. Create new ones based on the principles of Bioregionalism. With new political boundaries reflecting the size of the water shed.

The last is what I and my friends have realized, in our short span of life thus far, to be an ideal world. When I may finally write a thread, I will definitely make a definitive outline of how the last part will benefit us all.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join