It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATTN: Code Breakers! New "Game" For Fun and Practice

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxisu

When you click on the link, it'll briefly show a letter that fades, each time you press enter in the box you get the next letter in the sequence. If you miss any, you can delete the related php cookie and it'll start from the beginning of the code again. You can delete the cookie by going:

Right click on the page
View Page Info
Security
View Cookies
Scroll down to the one related to unlock.abovetopsecret.com...

Hope that helps

- Phoenix
edit on 16/4/2011 by phoenix_zephyr because: To clarify

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by phoenix_zephyr
reply to post by Nephi1337

"Well done, you've cracked the code for the alien's secret weap..."

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0d7dc8ce3fb9.jpg[/atsimg]

- Phoenix

lol i am guessing your talking about my tattoo?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by phoenix_zephyr

Ah thank you Phoenix...well yes I might try it again and check if it wasn't just my browser.

:-)

you should go crack the FBI code....:-)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxisu

I had a brief look at the FBI 4 codes thingy, I wouldn't know where to start, I'm not that smart

Which browser are/were you using btw? Just testing some atm:

Opera - Works and seems to automatically change to the next letter every few seconds
Firefox - Works and you have to manually force it to the next letter
Chrome - Works and seems to automatically change to the next letter every few seconds
IE9 - Does one letter then shows a blank white square

All tested on Windows 7. I wish it'd automatically changed to the next letter in firefox, would have saved me a lot of time!

SkepticOverlord: So it doesn't seem to be consistent across all browser platforms and just falls over with IE9 ( which doesn't suprise me
) and yes I do understand how wibbly code can be when trying to make it consistent, silly differences across the browsers adherance to coding standards.

- Phoenix
edit on 16/4/2011 by phoenix_zephyr because: To add

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

so did you get acknowledged for breaking the Cypher? did you get your 10,000 points ?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Not as far as I am aware

- Phoenix

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

well give it time , you might get lucky
or maybe their is more to it

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Well, if there is more, then I'm too stupid to spot it

As an aside, tested it in IE8 under Windows xp and it shows a white square the same as it did for IE9. Which means depending on what browser people use, some may not be able to play as it stands.

- Phoenix

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Also tested the following ( yes I'm bored at work
) under ubuntu 11.04 (beta):

Firefox - works same as in Windows
Midori - works fine and automatically updates the next letter
Chromium - works fine and automatically updates the next letter

- Phoenix
edit on 19/4/2011 by phoenix_zephyr because: Spelling ¬.¬

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

heh intresting , i wish SO would come and reply to this thread , or my darn message , i am going to try and look into it more

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

as a business manager, the lack of response to this thread by site management is a bit embarassing, and could represent a missed opportunity to gain market share (and maybe edge further into other markets). Even a mod dropping by to tide things over would be preferred over ignoring the customer base when asking for feedback on a new project that is being hyped.

Just sayin'

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I can only assume his connection is still wibbley wobbley and probably has a lot to catch up with?

- Phoenix
edit on 19/4/2011 by phoenix_zephyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

i agree with you for sure , but then again members have not given it that much attention ? but if their was indeed more effort put into the game and thread, then i am sure more members would have been more interested in it ,

but i am indeed with your thoguths for sure

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

And then there is that. Of course, the "puzzles" have been pretty easy, and missing the "conspiracy" theme. I am thinking Masonic type ciphers and puzzles. But i am a strange man, and my tastes are often not inline with most people.

In any event, I am not offering harsh criticism of ATS here. Just an observation and honest feedback. This site usually knocks it out of the park.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

lol, i like your view on this situation indeed , well you speak the truth can we ask you anymore ? i would ust like to say that i Enjoy very much the Cyphers for one , they bring an excitement to ATS and what i mean by that is simple .......,late night board tired of browsing the forums Bingo!!!!!!!! lets go figure out the Cypher !!! .........get my drift here ?
please tell me you feel the same ?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Sorry for the late response folks... it's been unexpectedly and overwhelmingly busy at the "ATS Back Office" over the past few days with preparations for meetings this week, significant complications with getting a new server online (which still isn't online and now behind schedule), as well as some other issues to numerous to mention.

I gave 50,000 points to bigfatfurrytexan as the first person to identify a key clue that led to the solution, and 100,000 points to phoenix_zephyr for entering the correct information in the form field.

(At some point, there will be a reason to use your points.)

We are indeed planning at least two future "game" type events here on ATS which have both conspiracy themes and some significant prizes. These past two "simple" games are warm-ups as what was learned here will be helpful to those playing the next game.

Stay tuned... and again, sorry for seeming to be absent.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

50,000 points? Now if i could transfer that into my checking account. LOL

Thank you kindly sir. And like i said, not harsh criticism. You guys normally knock it out of the park.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Ooo
Not quite what I was expecting
Glad bigfatfurrytexan got points too for having the missing piece to the puzzle, couldn't have done it without them

Hopefully the browser testing was useful as it'd be awesome to have as many people as possible be able to play, I love the teamwork aspect of it and am not one to keep the information to myself when playing these sorts of games.
I was glad that I didn't win the September one anyway as I wouldn't have been able to use the prize being in the UK and all

- Phoenix

Edit: Oh wow I just noticed you edited my previous post, awesome picture

edit on 20/4/2011 by phoenix_zephyr because: to add. shalalalala

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
wow, super cool you guys got your points !!!!!!!!11 wooooooohooooooo i bet mr. Texan was not expecting that one eh ? 150,000 not bad , so soon we will be able to spend the points , sweet !!!!!!! cant wait to see whats we can spend them on !!!!!!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I reckon I should have got some points!

Especially if there is going to be stuff to spend them upon.

Just an arbitrary 1 or 2 though.

-m0r

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join