It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATTN: Code Breakers! New "Game" For Fun and Practice

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
The misty smoke of long forgotten memories cloud an extravagant fraud perpetr here on our treasured pages and elsewhere on the lnternet from hither and yon about a suspicious story of men and women who traveled a great distance to

This is what I have so far going every other letter, with the _ being spaces between words. I suspect that it continues the other way with the reversed code ... my eyes ... they bleed

- Phoenix

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
The sequence seems to work in some fashion in both directions. The letters unused when read backwords (or forwards depending on your perspective) read 'menu ember of the thread' (I'm thinking a few mistakes have crept in and we need to get the thread number of a particular thread which had a hoax in it (like this thread number is 689227).

So we can either crack the code proper or just try and get the best hoaxes thread numbers fed into the answer slot.

-m0r

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

Indeed, working on that now, the reverse code is:

to_
_eecxncahtasnigde_
_twaietrhg_
_bae_idneglse_voafr_tk_noohwwl_endegmeo_wa_nddn_al_ingehmt_
_foon_lyyr_ottos_
_bseu_odiocuibptseuds_
_ian_
_ttuhoeb_ae_nndo_yb_yd_ntah_orseeh_twiiht_hm_oar_fs_etreinoruest_niln_teehrte_snto_
_ienr_ethhwee_sslteu_ddyn_ao_fs_etghaipn_gdse_rnuosta_efrrto_mr_utoh_inso_
_weorrelhd_
_rltievperse_po_nd_uaanrdf_
_wtinlalg_abvea_rrtexmee_mnbae_rdeudo_licf_
_syeoiur_ogmievme_
_nmeet_ttohger_onfa_mgen_onlu_mfboe_re_koofm_st_hyet_stihmr_eeahdt

- Phoenix

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
The misty smoke of long forgotten memories cloud an extravagant fraud perpetr here on our treasured pages and elsewhere on the lnternet from hither and yon about a suspicious story of men and women who traveled a great distance to exchange with beings of knowledge and light only to be doubted in the end by those with a serious interest in the study of things not from this world lives on and will be remembered if you give me the name number of the thread.

- Phoenix

*thud*

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by phoenix_zephyr

Thanks Phoenix!

The GFL thread number didn't work or any of the Goodchild ones either....one may need to add threadXXXX instead of just the number.

Excellent work and I don't pity your eyes!!

-m0r

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

No problem

Yeah I thought maybe the GFL ones...having a look now.

- Phoenix

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I've done everything I can think of. Dorothy Izatt, Blossom Goldchild, Billy Meiers, Betty and Barney Hill, Travis Walton, Sheldan Nidle, John Titor and everyone in between!!

The puzzle was nifty but it's not too clue worthy to my mind anyway...

-m0r

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Yeah same, you've searched everything I have

Lunch and coffee time I think
#

- Phoenix

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Fnarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr *thunk*

I don't know.

*melty brain*

- Phoenix

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty
I've done everything I can think of. Dorothy Izatt, Blossom Goldchild, Billy Meiers, Betty and Barney Hill, Travis Walton, Sheldan Nidle, John Titor and everyone in between!!

The puzzle was nifty but it's not too clue worthy to my mind anyway...

-m0r

Serpo. Have you tried Serpo? I really don't care about points or notoriety, and would rather watch the Soprano's right now than dig for the Serpo threads. But the clue sounds just like Serpo to me.

edit on 20-4-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

correct: Project Serpo is that which I speak

Nice one. Never heard of that.

serpo 185069

www.abovetopsecret.com...

- Phoenix
edit on 15/4/2011 by phoenix_zephyr because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-4-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by phoenix_zephyr

serpo 185069

I can verify that this is the correct answer.

Cheers bigfatfurrytexan for the idea and phoenix_zephyr for all that code breaking!

-m0r

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Well done mate..

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I was hoping it would still be unsolved

Good job phoenix !

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Neve rmind beat me to it
edit on 15-4-2011 by RADHESYAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Indeed, much love to bigfatfurrytexan for that, I would never have got it as it's a hoax I've never heard of. I will probably have a read up of it later

It was only after trying a few different possible things (including Caesar cipher and anagrams) that I wondered if I was thinking too complex. I have a habit of seeing if words are written backwards and then tried every other letter, when it started to make some sense, I went with it. Now my eyes hurt *shakes fist* It was fun though, very palindromey with a twist.

Good Job All

- Phoenix
edit on 15/4/2011 by phoenix_zephyr because: To add

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by WildWorld
I was hoping it would still be unsolved

Good job phoenix !

Noooo I'm sorry! *hugs* Next time gagdet!

- Phoenix

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by phoenix_zephyr
Indeed, much love to bigfatfurrytexan for that, I would never have got it as it's a hoax I've never heard of. I will probably have a read up of it later

It was only after trying a few different possible things (including Caesar cipher and anagrams) that I wondered if I was thinking too complex. I have a habit of seeing if words are written backwards and then tried every other letter, when it started to make some sense, I went with it. Now my eyes hurt *shakes fist*

Good Job All

- Phoenix

I have to many posts to really be called a "lurker", but if it is interesting it is not often that it passes my attention. Serpo was outstanding when it began, but you knew it had to be a hoax.

Regardless, it is how Project Camelot got their start, I believe (or, at least what gave them some notoriety). And Bill and Kerry still like to pretend that it isn't a hoax.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Oh I see! I've obviously got some reading to do

Well, SO will have a fun suprise at us solving it already, it's still early hours of the morning in the USA atm?

- Phoenix

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

yeah. that is why i didn't want to look it up. i keep my laptop next to my bed so i can read while watching TV. But when you have only been awake for 10 minutes, the eyes don't work well enough to really read.
Plus, I like to watch the Sorpano's on A and E in the morning. I only get online during commercials.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join